• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown |OT| Yo, buddy...still alive?

Arsic

Gold Member
Game is $20 on pc and PS4.

Never played any of these games or anything like it.

Should I go for PC or ps4 (I'll be playing in ps5) ?

PC is rtx 2080 using ultrawide monitor for 3440x1440.

Tschumi

This game is a classic victim of my impulse game buying: i own it, i like it, I've triaged it so hard that to this day I've only played the opening mission or two.

Arsic

Gold Member
One last thing:

Is the MP active or even good ?

Curious if Ace Combat is even worth doing online competition in.

P.Jack

Started playing this last week and love it. It is a beautiful game that controls like a dream. I’m actually surprised about the production values. Everything feels so intense!

This is my first Ace Combat since the psx days but I’m thinking I should remedy that. Keep hearing about AC5, is it because of availability or is it a highlight of the series?

dtremblay

Started playing this last week and love it. It is a beautiful game that controls like a dream. I’m actually surprised about the production values. Everything feels so intense!

This is my first Ace Combat since the psx days but I’m thinking I should remedy that. Keep hearing about AC5, is it because of availability or is it a highlight of the series?
4 and 5 were high points. I think Zero (?) was decent.

I just got the game, saw a deal for $12 on PS4. Good lord it's been so damn exhilarating to play this entry. Last time I played Ace Combat was Belkan Wars back during PS2 days. Playing this on the PS5, not sure what's the res, but runs at locked 60fps

Arsic

Gold Member
Fired it up today just to tweak settings on PC quick and was super bummed at the lack of 3440x1440 support.

Bandai is notorious for this as of late to say they do, show the option on settings, but then add black bars on the side.

Captain Tsubasa, Sword Art Alicization, and this game just to name 3.

This is just blatant con artist crap, and the work arounds can get you banned from online plus arent optimal solutions that still cause bugs and hud problems.

Going to refund sadly. The intro cut scene was pretty hype.

MadYarpen

Fired it up today just to tweak settings on PC quick and was super bummed at the lack of 3440x1440 support.

Bandai is notorious for this as of late to say they do, show the option on settings, but then add black bars on the side.

Captain Tsubasa, Sword Art Alicization, and this game just to name 3.

This is just blatant con artist crap, and the work arounds can get you banned from online plus arent optimal solutions that still cause bugs and hud problems.

Going to refund sadly. The intro cut scene was pretty hype.
Seriously? That's bullshit. I was looking forward to playing now that I have upgraded pc. What year is this?

Last edited:

Arsic

Gold Member
Seriously? That's bullshit. I was looking forward to playing nie that I have upgraded pc. What year is this?
The workaround made by mods being bannable is hot caca.

Its one thing they didnt support but it to never patch it in or allow third party to enable it is ridiculous to me.

May just get ps4 version next sale.

MadYarpen

The workaround made by mods being bannable is hot caca.

Its one thing they didnt support but it to never patch it in or allow third party to enable it is ridiculous to me.

May just get ps4 version next sale.
Whaaat? If I mod the game I'm in trouble? How?

Top Bottom