• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

According to TrueAchievements Survey, 90% of People Won’t Subscribe to Ubisoft+ on Xbox

Will you be subscribing for Ubisoft+ on any platform?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • No

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • Fuck that Shit

Votes: 38 58.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
ubisoftplus-xbox.jpg

By subscribing to the Ubisoft+ Multi-Access tier, users on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One can now access over 60 games and their accompanying premium editions, as well as enjoy new releases on day one and other benefits. The subscription for accessing the Ubisoft+ library will set you back $17.99 / £14.99 a month, but also includes access to over 100 games on PC and Amazon's Luna cloud gaming service, so if you already have one or both of these devices, the payoff could be a little more appealing.

With many of us already being subscribed to Xbox Game Pass, which offers its Ultimate subscription for $14.99 / £10.99 a month, we know adding an additional subscription to our already increasing living expenses will take some careful consideration. However, for this week's poll, we want to know: will you be subscribing to Ubisoft+ on Xbox?

MwQdv11.jpg

Aion002

Those that answered yes or not sure are the reason that humans are ignored by aliens.

Frustrated Work GIF by myHQ

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Not a chance on hell. $18?? Ubisoft done smoked all da crack!

If it were included in Gamepass at no additional cost...maybe.

Sakura

Most of those games are absolutely ancient, and Ubisoft doesn't release games frequently enough for day 1 to be that attractive. Way too expensive for what it is.

Robb

Gold Member
They could offer every single Ubisoft title ever published and I still wouldn’t subscribe.

Bake it into GamePass.

Roberts

Ubisoft usually has good sales so me and my game-sharing buddy have pretty much every game in the list. Maybe, just maybe I would have gotten it for a few months if I was a Ubisoft virgin.

drganon

Nope. Ubisoft games in general have gone downhill. A subscription to play all of them would be useless to me.

MadPanda

Banned
If they offered a library of older games like EA Play for a 5 USD I'd subscribe. Not going to pay 18 USD for this except when they release new games.

Three

It’s laughably overpriced for a service that for the most part has the same game reskinned a thousand times.
It's the same price as GPU and includes the same things. Pc+Cloud+console and day one releases. Anno, Ghost recon, Assasins creed, rainbow six, rayman, just dance, watch dogs, the division, these aren't reskinned games.

simpatico

Ubisoft+ is one of those things that sounds great in a board room, but when consumers measure it against other ways to spend their gaming dollars, it just doesn't make sense. Great value for someone who's been in a coma for the past 15 years and hasn't played any Ubi games, but the Ubi games sell so well I think most people have already played them.

StereoVsn

Actually 2% to 10% of potential subscribers is quite substantial.

Overall though while it's expensive, this sub much like its EA's PC equivalent to play through their games at release for $15 or $18 vs $70. It's actually more then $70 since it includes all DLC/Gold edition stuff.

So say next AC comes out. You want to play it. Instead of spending $70-100 depending on an edition, you pay $15-18, play the game, unsub.

When DLCs are fully released, you sub again and play. Your save should still be around unless Ubi are completely mad. Maybe there is another game you want to play as well.

So basically you can pay $30-36 to play through "Gold" edition of a game vs $100 or just $15-18 for regular. Maybe there is another game or two that came out at same time or during the year between game release and major DLC and you can snag that too.

It's not objectively that bad of a deal. And if you really want to "own" that AC you can get it at huge discount later on.

This only applies if you want to play at release. Otherwise just wait 6 months and get the game at discount.

Last edited:
I won't subscribe but mostly because I already own every assassins creed game. I'm always catching up. Currently on odyssey. Personally, I like ubi games. They're massive and fun. I appreciate the time and effort and love that the developers and artists put in these games. They're not perfect but considering how huge they are, I don't expect perfection.

Fredrik

Monthly fee is too high for what’s included but I could see myself subscribe when a new AC comes out to cut the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom