• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

According to SteamDB, Resident Evil 8 may have a multiplayer component

Are you excited for this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethalal

Banned
Resident Evil Village will have multiplayer according to Steam Data Base Page - Gaming Route

Yesterday the Resident Evil Village Steam Database was updated, and it seems like they have added a multiplayer tag, which means Resident Evil 8 could include a multiplayer component similar to Resistance on Resident Evil 3 Remake.
Screenshot-2021-01-20-at-5.46.26-PM.png

Change #10506054 · Resident Evil Village · AppID: 1196590 · SteamDB

As you can see in the image given above, Capcom has changed the store tags and have added a Multiplayer tag. The multiplayer component might be revealed on the Resident Evil Showcase, set to happen on January 21st at 2 PM PST. You will see a brand new trailer for Resident Evil Village and some more information related to Resident Evil Village.

So MP on RE... Anyone excited for this? How do you think it could play it out?

Last edited:

Ellery

Outbreak games were great. Everything after that pls don't even try it anymore CAPCOM. Stick to TPS RE single player games.

IKSTUGA

Resident Evil works best as a single player game. Co-op is fine in some cases, but I'm assuming RE8 is more of a classic horror style game, so it really doesn't make sense here (mercenaries maybe?). Capcom's attempts at pvp have historically been dog shit, so if they decide to go that route again, I'm hoping it's a totally separate project from RE8.

Last edited:
Resident Evil works best as a single player game.
Not much else needs to be said, really.

Although your co-op point is also a good one. Resident Evil 5 worked great in that sense. Controversial opinion: Resident Evil 0 is actually a decent game, but having a true co-op mode (where an option is given for a human player to control the secondary character) would have made it a fantastic game, maybe even an S-tier Resident Evil game.

MiguelItUp

Resistance was cool for 2-3 games, and then I was completely over it. If they can do a multiplayer component that's better in every way, shape, and form. I'm down. I suppose I can't say I'm EXCITED about it, especially without knowing details. But I can appreciate the game having more content for the hell of it. Just really hope it's at least worth checking out.

Jethalal

Banned
Sorry guys, probably fake. The tags are given when multiple users mark the game as such. Requesting thread closure.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Not interested if I'm being honest. Multiplayer isn't what I look for when I play a Resident Evil. I can't recall a time I have played it more than testing it out. It's cool for people that want it, but I'd prefer they put all their focus on making the single player experience good.

brian0057

Banned
Man, Capcom is really trying to make multiplayer Resident Evil a thing.
It's like they learned nothing from Dead Space 3... or from previous multiplayer RE games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom