• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

According to Jeff Grubb on GrubSnax: FIFA to produce their own video games, EA Soccer (Football) rebranding to EA Sports FC (Football Club)

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
FOotti3XMAci9at

Trade mark number

UK00003705955​

Status
Registered

Trade mark
EA SPORTS FC

Dates​

Filing date
01 October 2021

Date of entry in register
11 March 2022

Renewal date
01 October 2031

Belthazar

It will be years until another developer can ship a FIFA game and by then the general public will probably already be hooked on EA's new brand.

It'll also be really funny when FIFA can't use a lot of Clubs and players due to EA's and Konami's current agreements and contracts.

Shifty

Yesss, let the brands go to war and massively devalue themselves in the process.

tumblr_md04lmEl9u1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

I love not having a stake. You know, outside of the whole 'big fish control the pond' thing. Fuck 'em.

Last edited:

Raphael

Assuming they would make 20 dollars net from each copy they would have to sell 7.5 mil to be even vs what EA has been paying them. Quite the risk they are taking here.

Darsxx82

Perhaps that could serve for a new studio to appear and pick up the baton.

I miss the times where there were up to 10+ Studios with soccer franchises. And the same for tennis and basketball games.

Sports games have become unrealistic multiplayer arcades and that makes me very sad. At this point I always believed that we would have sports games with photorealistic graphics and realistic gameplay..... I'm beginning to think that it will remain a dream.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's funny how over the decades EA wants their "EA Sports" to be some kind of branding, yet it's never part of the game name until now.

Nautilus

Banned
Ouch. I feel bad for whoever has that task of developing that football game without all the body of war that EA has. Unless FIFA has access to a great deal of that, I foresee their greedy asses running right back to EA in no time.
And depending how well this new EA brand is, EA might not even take them back in. Imagine paying 250 million dollars every year just for the brand name?(I think that was the ammount circulating around on how much EA payed FIFA)

//DEVIL//

Wonder who Fifa will get to develop their game?

Konami?
Lol Konami won’t be paying what EA refused to pay to get the name.

Honestly if EA still has the license to the teams and players, then FIFA got fucked in the ass without any cream for being being greedy.

With that being said it’s not like EA is any better. Both are piece of trash.

ACESHIGH

Banned
If FIFA funds Konami I am sure they would come up with a better game than EA. Hell ,8th gen PES games were in average better football games than FIFA. But Ultimate team and the Premier League hype machine are tough to beat.

Top Bottom