• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

According to certain Neogaf posters, "both Houser brothers have left Rockstar"

kiphalfton

Just wanted to bring this to light, since every time a comment about "Rockstar going in the crapper" (or something to that effect) is made, people attribute it to BOTH houser brothers having left Rockstar.

This is based on totally unsubstantiated posts, where people don't provide a source, but keep perpetuating this right here on Neogaf itself. But maybe we have some insiders here?

In any case, time to put up or shut up, and provide a source saying Sam Houser left Rockstar.

kyliethicc

You got em! Yeah! Owned!

Harry Potter Lol GIF by Sky
Cheer Good Job GIF by EVIEWHY

Last edited:

BigBooper

Uh, wouldn't the time to "put up or shut up" have been in the topic where this mystery poster made the claim when you call them out directly? Go for it man. We all like balls around here.

Just wanted to bring this to light, since every time a comment about "Rockstar going in the crapper" (or something to that effect) is made, people attribute it to BOTH houser brothers having left Rockstar.

This is based on totally unsubstantiated posts, where people don't provide a source, but keep perpetuating this right here on Neogaf itself. But maybe we have some insiders here?

In any case, time to put up or shut up, and provide a source saying Sam Houser left Rockstar.
What looks better for Rockstar? Having put out the DE while one Houser brother was still there? Or after both have left?

I would argue it's more embarrassing when Sam is still around.

Shut0wen

Gta trilogy wasnt even made by rockstar and wasnt even approved by rockstar, taketwo own the franchise, cant see how rockstar has went down the crapper other then rereleasing gta v again but red dead was q perfect game, this is coming from someone who cant stand the gta franchise

don't think i've ever seen that said. Dan is the one who left. Sam is still there and he is the president of Rockstar.

when people say rockstar are going down the shitter it's because Dan is gone and so is Leslie Benzies. GTA is Rockstar's biggest game and Leslie was the one who ran Rockstar North in Edinburgh. North is the studio that works on GTA games. Dan was the head of Rockstar Games (who own Rockstar North).

so yeah with two very important people gone people are right to be concerned about Rockstar's future. Sam is important but we only have 1 out of 3 people left who had a huge impact on Rockstar.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
so yeah with two very important people gone people are right to be concerned about Rockstar's future. Sam is important but we only have 1 out of 3 people left who had a huge impact on Rockstar.
As a poster above said, Sam is just doing record label stuff now.

So the people who made GTA what it is are no longer involved.

Instead GTA6 is being made by the same danger hair philosophy that neutered the humor in the GTA Trilogy for “modern audiences”.

Instead GTA6 is being made by the same danger hair philosophy that neutered the humor in the GTA Trilogy for “modern audiences”.
ah alright. well he's good as gone then.

it'll be interesting to see what GTA 6 turns out like.... seems like Take Two have got their way. I'm not expecting much from the game. It'll be GTA V all over again but worse. I am guessing GTA 6 will be shorter and on a smaller scale. I think we'll get an impressive map but campaign will be smaller/shorter and the focus will immediately go towards GTA Online and selling shark cards again. look forward to buying GTA 6 for not only PS5 but PS6 and PS7.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
it'll be interesting to see what GTA 6 turns out like.... seems like Take Two have got their way. I'm not expecting much from the game. It'll be GTA V all over again but worse. I am guessing GTA 6 will be shorter and on a smaller scale. I think we'll get an impressive map but campaign will be smaller/shorter and the focus will immediately go towards GTA Online and selling shark cards again. look forward to buying GTA 6 for not only PS5 but PS6 and PS7.

Based on the money GTA Online makes (which is the only reason GTA5 is coming out on PS5/XSX...so GTA Online can continue to pull in cash), GTA6 is going to be GAAS with GTA Online an integrated part of the game.

dotnotbot

What was cut from GTA trilogy except that flag? I'm not aware of any changes.

Top Bottom