• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AC Valhalla PS5 version runs at upscaled 4K

When it says vetted developer in your tag, your not that dolphin developer by chance are you? "lollipop_disappointed:

You would know if he was your neighbor.

giphy.gif

cosmicom

Banned
Tom warren said that they still have not received Valhalla ps5 copies, that´s why reviewers use xbox series X copy only.

Anyway, specs of ps5 and Xbox Series S not confirmed yet, but Series S version runs at 2k/30fps, maybe also 1080p/60fps

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
anyone knows what console version is compared to PC version if on same res but pc maxed so what it compares to consoles. ?
next gen $400-500 vs $2-3k pc

Is it the youtube compression or does the game actually look this ugly.

Last edited:

Yoboman

So Pro vs One X all over again
It's confirmed a full 4K 60 on xbox series X

Full 4K 60 on xbox series X
Not claiming anything just saying xbox series x is confirmed full 4k 60.
Welp, that's what happens when you have "custom rdna2" and not "full rdna2"!!

j/k!!! j/k!! :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Play Has No Limits*

*does not include framerate or resolution
4K at 60 FPS must be an RDNA 2 feature.

My prediction is expect a lot of tweets like this from Xbox this generation.

9109NFc.jpg

Rubik8

If I have to sit 3 inches from my TV or rely on Digital Foundry to point out the differences, why should I care about resolution? Framerate is king; I’ll notice that isn’t stable.

Ubisoft said Watch Dogs was 4K too, they never say "FULL 4K" just "4K" people adding native to it are pushing that narrative themselves. The fact that the guy in the interview when talking specifically about the XSX version said dynamic 4K should be a tip that Ubisoft's marketing isn't being totally honest this time around.

You forgot the fools that thumbed up and laughed at the first post.

This guy?

So Pro vs One X all over again

We have to wait and see if the differences are that big. I honestly have no idea what they are going to be.

However looking back at the past Pro vs X happened because Microsoft released the system a year later at a higher price tag. One would assume that two systems launching at the same time at the same price would be closer than that. So more like PS4 vs X1 instead of Pro vs X.

Last edited:
In the time since first posting the blog, Ubisoft has revised the wording to make clear that the PS5 iteration of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla can indeed perform at 4K at 60 frames per second. In a follow-up message sent to us by a PR representative at the publisher, this notion was also made clear once again. “I can confirm that Assassin’s Creed Valhalla runs at 4K at 60 fps on PS5 (upscaled 4K),” we were told.

This is not true,the PS5 will run AC Valhalla at true 4k 60 fps according to Ubisoft.

"AC Valhalla will not only run in 4k on the PS5 but also with 60 frames and in full 4k resolution"

People expecting AAA games to run at fixed 4k without dynamic scalers\reconstruction are going to be disappointed this generation.

I'm all for them using reconstruction or other methods, we've seen some PS4 Pro games like Horizon ZD and Spider-Man that look indistinguishable from native 4K without zooming in on them. I'd rather that extra power be used for higher end graphical features than native res just to win some console warrior pissing contest on forums.

Its amazing on my PC maxed out. If the Series X is producing similar performance then thats a win

Its like the best looking but at the same time the ugliest game I ever saw lol. The browns, grays, and that odd green tint they like to use on things somehow mixes really, really good...The snow areas are amazing too and the smaller - but more detailed interiors of buildings so far(im about 5 hours in) are really great.

Game does need a few patches tho...I had the hilarious bug where I hit a hard wave and my boat full of soldiers did a back flip then slingshot across a river at like 40mph :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Do we know what graphical preset this is using on a console? Even 3090 can't run this unoptimized mess at 4k 60FPS Ultra.

I'm sure the game itself is fun but Ubisoft should really invest more in optimizing their engines. It's ridiculous.

tvdaXD

4K is overrated and stupid marketing shit, we're way past the point where we can see the difference at the right distance from our screens. Framerate is all that matters now.

Caio

I guess I am the only one who wanted DualSense features and ray tracing.

You are not the only one.

""PlayStation 5: Ray tracing on PlayStation 5 will immerse players in a city full of digital screens, holograms, and neon lights, while players can also take advantage of the Tempest 3D Audio engine to bring London to life by hearing every passing car, talking pedestrian, or drone flying overhead. Thanks to the ultra-high speed SSD, loading times will be dramatically reduced, allowing for even quicker fast-travel and seamless high-speed drives across London. Adaptive triggers enable players to enjoy hand-tuned responses, elevating the visceral feeling of high-tension moments. And lastly, you can upgrade your PlayStation 4 copy of the game to the PlayStation 5** version at no additional cost. ""
Watch Dogs: Legion

Shmunter

Xbox Fanboys will just say they'll use their 5000€ 4K TV that supports VRR no worries 😂

Edit : right in the €

Yeah nah. Optimisation please, not take it as is and depend on external fixes. The tearing on XsX is inexcusable, and everyone should unite in asking for better, not normalising it.

I pray Sony has more rigorous standards on tearing.

Edit: 50hz should be considered by devs if 60 to much.

Last edited:
I mean the next gen console are already wiping the floor with similar priced gpus. Do you want total humiliation by hitting 4k 60fps while 3080 struggles to get 60 average (50-70) fps?

geordiemp

Isnt it strange the PS5 version has a later embargo that the XB versions? That's usually not a good sign.

No its MS marketing.

Is it strange your not seeing allot of call of duty on XSX - is that a bad sign ? No, its Sony marketing.

I hope Sony and Microsoft is pushing for patches, its a mess of a game right now and tearing and huge FPS dips is not acceptable

Last edited:
Isnt it strange the PS5 version has a later embargo that the XB versions? That's usually not a good sign.

Probably because reviewers had more time with Series X version and they didn't get their hands on the PS5 version until the last moment. Thus the embargos in place for the reviewers to take their time before they give out their opinions?

Hostile_18

Banned
No its MS marketing.

Is it strange your not seeing allot of call of duty on XSX - is that a bad sign ? No, its Sony marketing.

I hope Sony and Microsoft is pushing for patches, its a mess of a game right now and tearing and huge FPS dips is not acceptable

Marketing is different to review embargoes.

I don't believe it's normal practice to limit one of the two main formats? (PS/Xb) It would suggest to me there working on the PS5 version right to last minute and may have or had issues.

Hostile_18

Banned
Probably because reviewers had more time with Series X version and they didn't get their hands on the PS5 version until the last moment. Thus the embargos in place for the reviewers to take their time before they give out their opinions?

That would be awfully considerate of them. I'm more cynical that that but we shall see. From a marketing perspective they usually want all there reviews out at once. The second wave PS5 ones are going to make significantly less impact.

Yeah nah. Optimisation please, not take it as is and depend on external fixes. The tearing on XsX is inexcusable, and everyone should unite in asking for better, not normalising it.

There is also plenty of tearing on all Xbox versions (while the Pro version has a quite stable framerate with no tearing). I think their DRS settings is not aggressive enough on Xbox somehow. Or they must think every Xbox owners have a VRR TV.

But yes, tearing is worse than dropped frame. It was even a complaint in Eurogamer review (and those kind of complaints are rare so it must be really noticeable).

Have this on Xbox but not played it yet and not too thrilled about the prospect of tearing and frame drops as I wanted to wait until next year's TVs and see if the VRR gamma issues were fixed rather than make do.

I doubt the PS5 version will be any better but maybe I should have waited.

GHG

Gold Member
I mean the next gen console are already wiping the floor with similar priced gpus. Do you want total humiliation by hitting 4k 60fps while 3080 struggles to get 60 average (50-70) fps?

Yeh... wait until you realise the consoles are not running the game at the equivalent of PC's ultra settings.

Md Ray

Sony consoles don't have screen tearing during frame-rate dips in Valhalla i.e. PS4 and PS4 Pro. I expect PS5 to be tear-free as well.

peetfeet

I’d rather upscaled 4K and no tearing than 4K with tearing (series x). Wether we get that is a different matter....

Shmunter

Sony consoles don't have screen tearing during frame-rate dips in Valhalla i.e. PS4 and PS4 Pro. I expect PS5 to be tear-free as well.
By Odin I hope you’re right. Either way, with the PS4 Bc being lit, I’m going to be polishing of Ghosts Of Tsushima as a priority before venturing into this game.

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

Plenty of games run better on Pro than XBX. The last one being WatchDogs Legion. It's not only about hardware, it's also about software, optimization and APIs.

That usually only happens because the PS4 Pro versions are running at lower resolutions. One X is being pushed (relatively) harder at native 4K than the PS4 Pro is being pushed at 1440p,1800p or 4K chequerboard.

So yes, you can say some games run better on the pro, but there is a reason for that.

Estocolmo

Why does it matter?
Do people analyze these kind of things when you play these games, seriously?

I only game on Xbox, but I don’t get this obsession with pixels, resolutions, frame rates, ray tracing and what not.

I get it that gamers want a stable performance.
But these technical details are probably the last thing you think about before deciding what to play.
Game quality comes first!

right now it feels like these headlines are only there to shake up tensions. I’m sure the game will run just as great on both PS5 and Xbox Series X.

Last edited:
Top Bottom