• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AC Valhalla PS5 version runs at upscaled 4K

fersnake

if they're upscaling it would be probably a little less that native 4k, btw i though using upscaling technics is fine? ppl praise 8k gaming on their 3090 or 4k with dlss.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Remember when everyone said there was a huge difference between 900p and 1080p???

Well they Upscale 2K movies and slap then on streaming service and call it 4k and even 4K Blu-ray, especially Disney published ones soo..
Obviously native is better

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
I have a feeling that trying to get this thing to run at 4K/60fps on consoles is going to turn out to be a mistake. I'd take a solid 4K/30fps over 4k and an inconsistent 60.

Most modern games are GPU limited. Resolution will be dropped over framerate in most cases. So dynamic 4K or 1800p/60fps rather than 4K/30fps.

Desudzer10

Because people arent stupid, even if they act like it sometimes. If Valhalla was 30fps, yes flame away, but not at 60fps, not when even a 2080ti cant do it.
That's not the problem. The problem is if it was reversed and the article said the XBX was scaling to 4K then this whole thread would be jokes and memes, but since its PS5 it's ok that it isn't native 4k and all of a sudden AC is a horrible game.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Will probably be too close to 4K to be noticeable by anyone, also PS5 will have better loading times and also the DualSens unique new features.

Anyone with their own preferences, but personally speaking, like i mean imagine keep playing next gen games with same pad of the last 7 years
1474488637-jesus26.png

just like all those 3rd party games that use gyro and touch pad on the PS4 right?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Banned
God no. Both of those games look absolutely terrible regardless of platform, lol. I guess visually Ghostwire looks nice but the gameplay looked stupid.

Ghostwire is by far the most interesting PS5 game, what are you smoking?
it looks different and interesting both the gameplay and the graphics

Who cares. Game looks bad regardless and native is a waste of resources imo.

Are we looking at the same game? The footage in their walkthrough playthrough looked quite good to me. Is it just popular to hate on AssCreed these days or what?

Personally I don't care too much if it's native or upscaled; the way the industry is going upscaling tech is going to dominate native res as screen resolutions continue to (somewhat ridiculously) increase to 8K and probably even 16K like 5-10 years from now. Trying to hit those resolutions natively will become a thing of diminishing returns, i.e the raw power needed for that won't be worth the cost.

Plus like some others are saying Series X version will possibly be mostly similar regards upscaled or dynamic 4K @ 60, for feature parity purposes. Although, there's also the chance it's native 4K. We'll just have to wait for confirmation.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
If it wasn't ok for xbox to run at 900p and was constantly considered the "weaker" system as a result, it's only fair to employ that same ridiculous yardstick of measure to this gen. The only difference is the shoe is on the other foot, assuming we start to see more and more games not hit 4K on PS5 and hit that target on Series X. - this remains to be seen.

It’s going to be carnage when the real world comparisons start to hit. I’m good, as I’m getting both, but if this goes significantly Microsoft’s way (as I suspect it will) in terms of power and performance there’s going to be tears and incredible amounts of spin :messenger_tears_of_joy:

These seemingly confirmed Ubisoft differences are just the start...

Best advice is not to tie yourself too closely to any brand, they will always let you down in the end.

Are we looking at the same game? The footage in their walkthrough playthrough looked quite good to me. Is it just popular to hate on AssCreed these days or what?

Personally I don't care too much if it's native or upscaled; the way the industry is going upscaling tech is going to dominate native res as screen resolutions continue to (somewhat ridiculously) increase to 8K and probably even 16K like 5-10 years from now. Trying to hit those resolutions natively will become a thing of diminishing returns, i.e the raw power needed for that won't be worth the cost.

Plus like some others are saying Series X version will possibly be mostly similar regards upscaled or dynamic 4K @ 60, for feature parity purposes. Although, there's also the chance it's native 4K. We'll just have to wait for confirmation.

.....these days?

assurdum

Banned
I'd like to know more. Why didn't low some setting to have 4k native on ps5 too? I don't find the power gap that meaningful.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Reminds me of call of duty ghost at launch last gen, that surely didn’t mean anything for the future of the platform.

Concern

Last video i saw looked bad. I don't follow AC. Last one I played was Black Flag.

TrebleShot

Interesting how Sony drop the embargo for unboxing videos and suddenly all the XsX ones drop the day after.

Demons Souls gameplay drops with incredible visuals in 60fps, the next day Legion with raytracing effects and Valhalla is upscaled on PS5 drops. Do MS have anything 1st party to buy? No.

Me thinks MS has been digging about in their pockets for some third party bells and whistles.

Old Empire.

Do we have confirmation that XSX version is 4K native or if it's running at higher resolution than PS5?

Ubisoft said 4k resolution and 60fps for the series. They worded it differently for the PS5 and said it was a detailed 4K and 60fps.

Dualshockers says the reached out to the publisher and they got told the PS5 version upscaled. We only have one source right now, but Ubisoft wording seems to be a roundabout way of avoid saying it upscaled.

Stuart360

Interesting how Sony drop the embargo for unboxing videos and suddenly all the XsX ones drop the day after.

Demons Souls gameplay drops with incredible visuals in 60fps, the next day Legion with raytracing effects and Valhalla is upscaled on PS5 drops. Do MS have anything 1st party to buy? No.

Me thinks MS has been digging about in their pockets for some third party bells and whistles.
What you trying to say?, that if PS5 versions are worse in some way, it will be because Microsoft paid off the devs?

Chukhopops

Just to be sure how crazy this theory is, are you saying MS paid Ubisoft to not make AC:V 4K native on PS5?

DMC 5 without RT on XSS, Yakuza 1080p 60fps on XSX are studios fault.
An unseen email is reliable. :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yakuza having a 1080p mode is used to console war now? Sony fanboys running low on ammo here.

ME thinks MS has been digging about in their pockets for some third party bells and whistles.

Console with better GPU, CPU and RAM performs better with operations that rely on GPU, CPU and/or RAM. Shocking.

i think i made it pretty obvious which part of my post is serious and which is clearly not.

i think the seemingly custom made parts of the ps5 will get utilized if properly optimized for or developed exclusive from the get go on a PS5 and those features won´t have a huge impact on crossgen mutliplat titles.

I did remember the saying that oodle is new tech which probably wont get utilized 2 years in to the console life cycle just have to wait and see

Top Bottom