• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AC Valhalla PS5 version runs at upscaled 4K

geordiemp

only dualshockers has this information ? seriously :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I doubt, they just know a 2080ti cant do it so its not much of a guess, as neither console will be + 20 % performance of a 2080ti or 3070 lol. DF on typical ubi game odyssey

The RTX 2080 Ti is able to manage 75fps at 1440p, but only 52fps at 4K - so if you want a 4K/60 experience, you'll need to stump up for a second RTX 2080 Ti in your system, get an ever faster CPU than our 4.7GHz Core i7-8700K or - perhaps most sensibly - turn down the graphical settings just a tad.

I am sure they will both have dynamic res scaling, but will be a surpirse if not.

Last edited:

Lysandros

Probably worse i guess. It was a budget card when it came out, and no one even has one anymore in 2020. Doesnt change the fact it was pulling better results when the card still had some relevance.
Yes, significantly worse indeed. In context of your original comment, are you claiming that console (fixed configuration) specific optimization/lower level API's is a myth?

wvnative

Mildly disappointing but modern upscale techniques are pretty good, unlikely you will see the difference with your eye

Kuranghi

Mildly disappointing but modern upscale techniques are pretty good, unlikely you will see the difference with your eye

I'll be using my brass eye to check the difference:

excuse-me-id-like-to-ass-you-a-few-questions

Stuart360

Yes, significantly worse indeed. In context of your original comment, are you claiming that console (fixed configuration) specific optimization/lower level API's is a myth?
Yep, and thats going from 30 years of PC and console gaming. There will be some games that perform better on console compared to similar level PC hardware, some that perform very similar, and some that perform better on similar PC hardware.. ts all down to engines, tech, money, and dev resources and optimization talent.

52CUs x 36CUs. This is inevitable like said many many times before.

The thing is, this is totally different from 720x1080p from last gen or even 900p x 1080p. Upscaling/dynamic resolution and the whole hardware features will be involved in the rendering process. We have to wait and see the final result.

Like RGT said, discussing native resolution in 2020 is a waste of time. Even Nvidia is using DLSS on PCs with 30TFs to achieve better performance.

Banned
also remember that on the Ubisoft site it only mentioned raytraced reflections for Watch Dogs on the Xbox Section...
in the PS5 section is simply said immersive raytracing and mentioned neon lights n shit.

Lysandros

Yep, and thats going from 30 years of PC and console gaming. There will be some games that perform better on console compared to similar level PC hardware, some that perform very similar, and some that perform better on similar PC hardware.. ts all down to engines, tech, money, and dev resources and optimization talent.
Okay thanks for the reply, i beg to differ on that one.

Neo_game

Both next gen console will be same. 60fps it self was a surprise. I think people are having unrealistic expectations from next gen.

ultrazilla

I could understand it not being native 4k if ray tracing was involved. But since ray tracing isn't present in the game,
I feel like this should have been able to hit native 4k/60fps on the PS5. Is it really going to boil down to the PS5
not being 12 teraflops like the Series X?

Bring on the PS5 Pro version with the 12 teraflop upgrade then.

ultrazilla

Do we have confirmation that XSX version is 4K native or if it's running at higher resolution than PS5?

Just 4k.

Quote from https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/must...will-run-at-native-4k-60fps-on-xbox-series-x/

"Ubisoft said “With the Xbox Series X | S, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will take full advantage of the enhanced graphics, giving players the opportunity to experience the open world of Norway and England down to the very last detail. On Xbox Series X, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will run at 60 FPS in full 4K resolution.

Axonometri

I could understand it not being native 4k if ray tracing was involved. But since ray tracing isn't present in the game,
I feel like this should have been able to hit native 4k/60fps on the PS5. Is it really going to boil down to the PS5
not being 12 teraflops like the Series X?

Bring on the PS5 Pro version with the 12 teraflop upgrade then.
If they did a Pro version, your going to be happy with just 12? Why not 20? or 28?

ultrazilla

If they did a Pro version, your going to be happy with just 12? Why not 20? or 28?

Honestly, no you're right. But the higher the numbers, I'm sure higher the retail prices.
I just don't think a 20 teraflop console would be feasible . I mean, that's double the PS5 performance.
I could see 15 at the most.

Stuart360

Just 4k.

Quote from https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/must...will-run-at-native-4k-60fps-on-xbox-series-x/

"Ubisoft said “With the Xbox Series X | S, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will take full advantage of the enhanced graphics, giving players the opportunity to experience the open world of Norway and England down to the very last detail. On Xbox Series X, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will run at 60 FPS in full 4K resolution.
Still dont believe it. If it is true, it will be medium settings, with maybe high textures, it wont be close to Ultra settings.

Axonometri

Honestly, no you're right. But the higher the numbers, I'm sure higher the retail prices.
I just don't think a 20 teraflop console would be feasible . I mean, that's double the PS5 performance.
I could see 15 at the most.
I was just throwing digits. I wan't to see what they have achieved with current hardware.

Banned
Still dont believe it. If it is true, it will be medium settings, with maybe high textures, it wont be close to Ultra settings.

none of the AAA cross gen games will run on ultra settings.
Ultra settings are often even too much for the highest end PC components. especially at 4k

Last edited:

Dnice123

52CUs x 36CUs. This is inevitable like said many many times before.

The thing is, this is totally different from 720x1080p from last gen or even 900p x 1080p. Upscaling/dynamic resolution and the whole hardware features will be involved in the rendering process. We have to wait and see the final result.

Like RGT said, discussing native resolution in 2020 is a waste of time. Even Nvidia is using DLSS on PCs with 30TFs to achieve better performance.

It doesn't matter anyway, because You realize you will see every game in 1080p 4K as your output right?

This is what Sony execs were saying 3 days before the launch of PS4...
Sony: Native 1080p allows you to “be a better gamer”
Sony president Shuhei Yoshida and PS4 lead architect Mark Cerny argue that developing games in 1080p "makes a difference."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-native-1080p-allows-you-to-be-a-better-gamer/1100-6416145/

It doesn't matter anyway, because You realize you will see every game in 1080p 4K as your output right?

Sony president Shuhei Yoshida and PS4 lead architect Mark Cerny argue that developing games in 1080p "makes a difference."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-native-1080p-allows-you-to-be-a-better-gamer/1100-6416145/
Yes. 7 years ago. On PS4. With a much lower resolution. And no dedicated hardware or software for dynamic resolution/temporal reconstruction.

sinnergy

Maybe even low settings ... and PS5 ultra low ... come on guys dynamic 4K will be fine. I thought I wouldn’t matter anyway?

longdi

Banned

Contrast today. Sony has been really quiet wrt to the rendering power of PS5.
Yet we have stirrers like geordieboy creating non-stop Fud replies. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Did they ever fix the one frame stutter than happens when it adjusts resolution

Since i´m not into this tech stuff too much: isn´t this what VRR is supposed to be for?

and here I went and bought my son a PS5 instead of the Xbox. I have failed as a father and I am ashamed to call my self a man.

Allow him a shot at a decent life, let him be adopted.

So PS5 now a 1440p console at best and less powerful than Series S based on yet to be seen performance of an unreleased multiplat? Asking for a friend who thinks to maybe scalp it before the truth comes out.

Last edited:

Hellmaker

Since i´m not into this tech stuff too much: isn´t this what VRR is supposed to be for?

Allow him a shot at a decent life, let him be adopted.

So PS5 now a 1440p console at best and less powerful than Series S based on yet to be seen performance of an unreleased multiplat? Asking for a friend who thinks to maybe scalp it before the truth comes out.
Can't tell if serious...

Makes me wonder Redtechgaming hesitated that ps5 has a feature thats gonna be in RDNA3 cards and Digital foundry said theres gonna be some suprises on the ps5. Makes me wonder even if the game is gonna be slight lower res is it gonna be some form of DLSS where its gonna be like that the game actually is running in 4k? will it run more smoother? Would the assets look better then xsx even

Cant wait to hear more when the embargo lifts

Can't tell if serious...

i think i made it pretty obvious which part of my post is serious and which is clearly not.

Makes me wonder Redtechgaming hesitated that ps5 has a feature thats gonna be in RDNA3 cards and Digital foundry said theres gonna be some suprises on the ps5. Makes me wonder even if the game is gonna be slight lower res is it gonna be some form of DLSS where its gonna be like that the game actually is running in 4k? will it run more smoother? Would the assets look better then xsx even

Cant wait to hear more when the embargo lifts

i think the seemingly custom made parts of the ps5 will get utilized if properly optimized for or developed exclusive from the get go on a PS5 and those features won´t have a huge impact on crossgen mutliplat titles.

Last edited:

SSfox

Will probably be too close to 4K to be noticeable by anyone, also PS5 will have better loading times and also the DualSens unique new features.

Anyone with their own preferences, but personally speaking, like i mean imagine keep playing next gen games with same pad of the last 7 years
1474488637-jesus26.png

Last edited:

Stuart360

XB1 controller is the best PC controller imo, and i turn off rumble in every game. I'll happily keep using my XB1 pad, or buy a XSX pad for PC.

Top Bottom