• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ABBA to release new album after 40 years

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This is a big thing in the news here in Sweden. So they have apparently recorded a full new album (originally it was just going to be a new song or two), 40 years after the last one. They're also gonna do a big show (or several) in London, but they won't actually be there themselves, but rather as digital avatars or something. It's pretty weird.

Anyway, I'm not a pop fan in general, but I can't dislike ABBA, it's just good music.

The first two new songs:

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
2021 REDEEMED

Holy shit

its-been84years-waiting-for-dinner.gif

catvonpee

sinnergy

This is a big thing in the news here in Sweden. So they have apparently recorded a full new album (originally it was just going to be a new song or two), 40 years after the last one. They're also gonna do a big show (or several) in London, but they won't actually be there themselves, but rather as digital avatars or something. It's pretty weird.

Anyway, I'm not a pop fan in general, but I can't dislike ABBA, it's just good music.
Their CGI looks about as good or bad as Jeff Bridges in Tron 2012… uncanny valley , maybe they will fix it ..

SJRB

Gold Member
Oof, the sound mixing in those new tracks is pretty rough.

Tracks themselves aren't real bangers either. They aint got shit on Fernando.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The first two new songs:

I like the first one, especially once it gets going a bit more. The second is pretty unremarkable. It's alright.

But they do sound pretty good for 70-75-year-olds.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Maiden is putting out an album too. When do we get this mashup live?

Also young Agnetha...holy shit hnnngggg

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Don't Shut Me Down is pretty awesome. Feels like I stepped back in time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Behind the scenes:

I listen to deathmetal and I still love ABBA. Will gladly listen to this when its out, I think so far it sounds great. Just too bad for this "live" performance planned. I mean in a way i get it, lets be honest they are much older now, i doubt they have the physical or even vocal energy to carry these songs for 90-120 minutes. If they were still performing they would probably have more juice in them but pressing pause button for 40 years gets you out of your element. To me its just a shame as if they wont accept aging, like here is our likeness from 40 years ago. At least in those mocap photos they all look good, nobody balooned into an obese cow.

sinnergy

The CG is very uncanny valley. The mouth movements in particular just don't quite look like real human beings.
Like I said , Jeff Bridges Tron 2012 , bad or good, how you look at it , maybe they can tweak it . I can imagine ABBA all members used Botox .. so maybe the capture is accurate 🤣😆

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

I really like the " Don't shut me down" song. The other one is ehh. It might grow on me.

Looking forward to hearing more!

Top Bottom