• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ABBA (music and Agnetha's ass)

Did Agnetha have a fat ass during the 70s?

• Yes, but that was a great thing

• Yes, but it was too fat

• No, and that's a good thing

• No, sadly not

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sybb

Banned
yhGHpzp.jpg
Wl9lhUb.jpg
8g3fq4g.jpg

She was the J-Lo of the 70s. During the 60s, the beauty standards were all about twigs. Women were supposed to look like sticks. Then came Agnetha who on one hand had small boobs. But she has such an ample rear that she was one of the reasons big fat butts were seen as something nice during the 70s.

She also openly admitted that her butt was fat, as the honest Swede she is:

MKd9kzH.jpg

Frida kan eten wat ze wil, de bofferd. Maar als ik me aan zalige dingen bezondig, gaat het onmiddellijk hier zitten!" Haar handen strijken over haar heupen, zitvlak en dijen. Dan hartelijk lachend: "Journalisten schrijven altijd heel vriendelijk dat ik een sexy achterwerk heb, maar dat betenkent gewoon dat ik op die plaats te dik ben.

“Frida can eat whatever she wants, the lucky girl. But whenever I eat tasteful things, it immediately ends up here!” Her hands brush past her hips, rear and thighs. Then, smiling cordially: “Journalists always kindly write that I have a sexy behind, but this simply means that I am too fat in that area."

JrusHlc.jpg

0CfQ9IR.jpg
shJX4Ap.jpg
5BteXuW.jpg
0gFun7U.jpg

bHP0n2J.jpg

But let's not forget about the group. In Sweden, they're still to this day known as our most famous pop group of all time. But in the Swedish 70s, the far left took a grip around the country, which meant that Sweden was very anti US and pro communism. For example, some radio stations refused to play ABBA because they were "too commercial". The Swedish version of Eurovision had an alternative version that promoted garage bands instead of commercial music. ABBA got a lot of critisism for being cynial and for making too much money. Also, the reason they wore such weird clothes during the 70s was actually because of the Swedish tax system. According to this system, you could actually have tax deductions if the clothes were deemed for work use only. ABBA themselves has later admitted this was the reason they rarely wore clothes that could be seen as "everyday".

You have to remember Swedish tax was extremely high at this time. Our famous author Astrid Lindgren (Pippi Longstockings) once paid 102% tax. Yes, that's right. She payed more tax than the actualy money she earned. Practically, she paid extra because she worked and was successful. She went out about this in media at the time, calling the tax a ripoff (not literally, but she used a Swedish term I can't really translate).

ABBA never enjoyed doing tours. They were always singing playback and their choreography was absolutely horrible. But it was the live concerts which made Agnetha's rear so famous, much due to their choreographer who later admitted he was the one presuaing Agnetha to turn around and wiggle her butt as much as she did. Agnetha's sex appeal was almost never mentioned in Sweden, though. It was mostly journalists in Australia and the UK who were like me about it.

What do you think of ABBA and their music? And what do you think of Agnetha's ass?

Sybb

Banned
I didn’t see this thread taking a turn into Swedish tax rates.
Well, artists at the time did what they could to avoid the high taxes, and ABBA certainly took part in that too. But I don't think they (at the time, at least) hid money abroad.

Fushitsusha

Banned
Wait a minute... are you that infamous mentally ill swede who posts about asses all day every day for years and rage every time you inevitably get banned? This is the third ass/skank/sexy thread in like 24 hours.

Last edited:

Sybb

Banned
An Australia newspaper review from 1977:

SHuxSRL.jpg
This was mostly critisism that they always sung playback during their tours. The reason they did was because everything was planned from their manager, he wanted people to hear the same great sound that was recorded in the studio. But this also meant their live performances got very stale because the songs always sounded the same. In many YouTube videos, you can also see Agnetha missing the lip syncing: sometimes she opens her mouth while there are no lyrics and sometimes she simply doesn't get the timing.

appaws

Banned
Wouldn’t it be hot if she just let a big diarrhea out for everyone to see while she faced the crowd in that white jumper

That's fucked up.

Seriously underrated group. The only disco act that will be remembered a few hundred years from now.

eot

Banned
That's fucked up.

Seriously underrated group. The only disco act that will be remembered a few hundred years from now.
They're underrated? They've sold more records than Metallica.
Maybe my perspective is skewed, coming from Sweden.

appaws

Banned
They're underrated? They've sold more records than Metallica.
Maybe my perspective is skewed, coming from Sweden.

Interesting. Maybe so is mine from the US...? I have memories as a kid of "Disco Demolition" in Chicago with people burning disco records and stuff. Rock people were always super negative about it. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...olition-night-devolve-into-fiery-riot-206237/

They were not wrong, most of it was just shit. But what the rock people didn't realize was that 70s-80s rock was almost all just schlocky garbage as well

I am sure that nostalgia and that the musical (really good, btw) and movies have revitalized their image. But I also just think that so many of their songs are just catchy as hell.

Sybb

Banned
Interesting. Maybe so is mine from the US...? I have memories as a kid of "Disco Demolition" in Chicago with people burning disco records and stuff. Rock people were always super negative about it. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...olition-night-devolve-into-fiery-riot-206237/

They were not wrong, most of it was just shit. But what the rock people didn't realize was that 70s-80s rock was almost all just schlocky garbage as well

I am sure that nostalgia and that the musical (really good, btw) and movies have revitalized their image. But I also just think that so many of their songs are just catchy as hell.
I think what made their songs so popular was the harmony. They didn't hide bad songs behind fancy mixing or intstruments. They've also said themsevles they couldn't read notes, and they kept composing until something sounded right. Songs that stick to your mind even just after listening to the tune once. That's why a lot of ABBA's music have stood the test of time. It's kind of like Nintendo. They make stuff that might not be so popular at the time, but what they make is timeless.

Also, have some more blonde goddess:

Xi6K8CZ.jpg

sSHN2Xo.jpg
vKWYsxD.jpg
ainKB1a.jpg

7VFQJlf.jpg

qxN6Kll.jpg
nQYO1Zu.jpg

There were two girls in ABBA, but I think you can see why Agnetha got most attention:

0zFlGQq.jpg

HE1NZ

Banned
ABBA is great. I think different songs of theirs are popular in different regions so hard to say which ones are underplayed, but their albums are full of hidden gems and overall excellent. Too bad they just quit for no reason while at the top even though songs they prepared for supposed 1982 album were killer.

MrS

Banned
Don't care about that ass but abba have many many many great songs. even though they're massive, they're still underrated.

AJUMP23

Abba has amazing music the taxes in Sweden suck and I never paid attention to what they looked like, just the sweet tunes.

Hugare

I was expecting some huge ass when I clicked on this thread

But I guess I was spoiled by being brazilian?

That's a fine ass, but boy oh boy, I see some better asses around here just by walking down the street

With the "Butt Thread" I realised that you guys are used to smaller butts

The average butt here in Brazil is pretty neat

Last edited:
Top Bottom