• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Abandoned Forspoken SteelBooks Found at Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aenima

A large percentage of gaming forum posters want something to fail. This game is not special in that regard.
Those Kevins...

AjfyC8ICIAEnmcL.jpg

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
This game has to be the worst release of 2023 at this point. Thank god, hopefully this is a wake up call to SE to stop making shit games and using shitty old outdated engines.

Two seconds to demonstrate this isn't true. Aren't you in the "games journalism" industry?

Not saying it isn't stupid, but GameStop (and I'm sure other stores as well) do this all the time.

. . .show one Gamestop that is literally throwing away product, especially when they are still taking the product in for cash.

Last edited:
What's ridiculous is that people only complain about it when it's something they like. Funny how that works.
That's the nature of people in general. You're probably not gonna complain about crime in an area you or anyone you care about inhabits. Or shitty customer service at someone else's favorite restaurant. What's ridiculous is being on the opposite side of those things and finding it entertaining.

Last edited:

Dane

Its in portuguese, its a brazilian guy who works a shopping mall where a gamestop is located, they dumped these pre order steelbooks and he was saying how bad it must performed to get to this point.

Wow sounds like you've found the perfect all-purpose excuse for everything that doesn't go your way. Good job.

I'm gonna assume you passive aggressively quoted the wrong post because this makes zero sense. Even with the post I think you're referring to, it makes no sense. Anyway let's just agree to not engage anymore because this isn't going anywhere. Deuces.

Last edited:

Bodom78

I was pretty cold on this game but seeing Boomstick Gamings advanced combat video moved it to a pickup on discount position.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You'd think the store would just give away steelbook to anyone buying the game. Ya, sales are low but there's got to be some gamers buying it. A nice goodwill perk to make them come back. The game has only been out for a month and a half. To trash stuff this fast seems odd.

Last edited:
Game has horrendous dialogue, an empty world and I don't know wbat else, but why are we reveling in the fact that the witch hunt killed the Luminous studio? I mean, this studio in particular never had any hope looking at what they were tasked with, but killing a studio because of a single (or couple) mediocre games should give us shame. Who knows what the Western brand of squenix could have released over the years.
And sadly as many would point out, not much looking at their recent attempts

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
What a waste, you could of Striped them and made some custom Steelbooks.

Chukhopops

Game has horrendous dialogue, an empty world and I don't know wbat else, but why are we reveling in the fact that the witch hunt killed the Luminous studio? I mean, this studio in particular never had any hope looking at what they were tasked with, but killing a studio because of a single (or couple) mediocre games should give us shame. Who knows what the Western brand of squenix could have released over the years.
And sadly as many would point out, not much looking at their recent attempts
What witch hunt are you talking about? And what does Luminous have to do with SE selling their western branch?

The studio was reintegrated into SE and it seems nobody lost their job. Why mourn a studio that only made FFXV (one of the worst games of last generation, especially at launch) and Forspoken?

Virex

Banned
Wonder if someone used their "freaking mind" to move the steelbook to the rubbish dump

Last edited:
What witch hunt are you talking about? And what does Luminous have to do with SE selling their western branch?

The studio was reintegrated into SE and it seems nobody lost their job. Why mourn a studio that only made FFXV (one of the worst games of last generation, especially at launch) and Forspoken?
Right, I just don't like when the internet unites to massive backlash a product into oblivion. I don't like forspoken nor I care about FF15, but things like this just make me sad. There's a lot of cases around the world where the internet just destroys things, in the videogame market and in many others. It even makes people suicide

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Those Kevins...

AjfyC8ICIAEnmcL.jpg

I actually dont find a problem with this as long as its targeted at specific types of games.

For example anything that launches half finished with a season pass or microstransaction store I want to actively fail.

That's because the only thing that these companies listen to is money, and as long as shit games keep making money then I will find less games worth playing.

The issue is that up until very recently following this logic I have had to wish more and more shit games to fail. On the bright side I think we have finally reached the peak we are now on the decline of the games as a service model.

Forspoken was just shit though, I suppose I can see its failure as perhaps warding Square away from making terrible Western style stuff and instead put more budget towards their Japanese titles. But we know these fuckers are aiming for NFT's so...

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I actually dont find a problem with this as long as its targeted at specific types of games.

For example anything that launches half finished with a season pass or microstransaction store I want to actively fail.

That's because the only thing that these companies listen to is money, and as long as shit games keep making money then I will find less games worth playing.

The issue is that up until very recently following this logic I have had to wish more and more shit games to fail. On the bright side I think we have finally reached the peak we are now on the decline of the games as a service model.

Forspoken was just shit though, I suppose I can see its failure as perhaps warding Square away from making terrible Western style stuff and instead put more budget towards their Japanese titles. But we know these fuckers are aiming for NFT's so...
Yup.

Software is the only industry in the world where they knowingly sell you dodgy or incomplete products with the back up plan being "Sorry gamers, a patch is coming. Ya, we know we didn't say anything until all you bought the game on day one as we tried to keep an image the game is in good shape, but we didn't want to look bad before launch, so we're telling you days later".... "Sorry gamers, the game only ships with 8 maps at launch when our old games had 14, but more are coming!"

It's one of situations where is it the company's fault for screwballing around? Or companies just following the market? If gamers are amped up buying it anyway, then it can be argued the gamers are driving it with their wallets.

I've done my part regarding mtx and season passes. I've never bought a season pass, the last DLC I bought was a COD map pack 10 years ago, and I've never bought any nickel and diming mtx like cosmetics, dashboard themes, loot crates, EA sports cards or any other shit.

Last edited:

Dutchy

What the fuck is wrong with these people? They have to have an actual mental illness to build up their identities around a game console right? Like people like this dude dont actually act this way offline do they? Does this guy masturbate to npd numbers or something?
Competition is healthy bro, you don't get it. Especially when one's deteriorating mental health is of the essence.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I was pretty cold on this game but seeing Boomstick Gamings advanced combat video moved it to a pickup on discount position.

This is some of the best open world magic combat out there.
You go to hogwarts after this and it's a kids game.
I still loved hogwarts, maybe even more so for it's methodical combat but Forspoken is really reactive and requires you to go crazy and jump around since power charge faster when you are in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom