• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Abandoned, a cinematic first-person survival horror shooter, coming exclusively to PS5 Q4 2021

NikuNashi

"The story is centered around Jason Longfield" "Abandoned and not remembering how he got there"

Reading is hard.

Why should I need to read anything if the trailer did it's job. I watched the trailer, the promotional material for the game and as I said what they chose to show was an american whiny girls voiceover and a trite anti religious plot. Hop off my posts playboy.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Can I just say that I fucking love the conspiracy theory that this is a Kojima game?

I mean what other developer can get such insane traction? That's right - no one.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Can I just say that I fucking love the conspiracy theory that this is a Kojima game?

I mean what other developer can get such insane traction? That's right - no one.
In fairness the coincidences didn't help.
The lead developer has the same initials.
The company's initials is BB
Company is based in the Netherlands, same as Guerilla Games. DS used Decima Engine and had collaborated with Kojima.

The company should have kept quiet for a few days at least, or until after the pre-order link goes up on the PS store.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Game actually looks alright but they really screw up the trailer, it feels like its was made by a beginner

DaGwaphics

If this is some kind of stunt, maybe it won't be so bad. Honestly, if it had a voiceover like the first couple Gears of War trailers (either the one with the childs voice or especially the one with the woman and the "humans do what they do best, destroy" speech that I couldn't find on YT anywhere), saying the same things but with some ambiance it would be a big improvement. The premise isn't awe inspiring, maybe even tired, but at the same time not bad for a horror game.

I was given a warning by the mods. I'll just post it here then. There's not much he said though.

One of the comments in youtube says it's made by only 10 persons. Is that true? Are there info about the developers of this game?

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Tweeting in Japanese. I'm more confident than ever this is Kojima fucking with us. Actively messing with us to downplay expectations. I expect this is have an update during E3 with a demo.

Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

Sony needs to Abandon the Abandoned. Sorry. But they usually grab and market better stuff than this. Not sure what's happening.

Last edited:

skit_data

I think bluebox is a cover and abandoned is a fake trailer for another game.
It is all wierd and their website seems all broken. Very strange to make a market push for a no name developer with a website that says ”404 not found” when clicking any one of the tabs on the top.

Outrunner

Roufianos

Oh wow Colin Moriarty just posted an interview with Kahraman on Patreon. Expect news to flow once people have listened.

Top Bottom