• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A trick to fix Rest mode issue (green screen of death)

assurdum

Banned
If like me you won't waste your time to send ps5 to repair (and wait 6 months to have it back, at least in my country, sometimes Sony won't fix it even at the first try so you have to resend it), I found a trick to "fix" the infamous green screen of death. Before to put in suspended mode your console (issue happen to me when I pause a gameplay session and turn off the ps5) just open YouTube or Netflix or another multimedia app. Then you can turn off in rest mode your console. It worked for me, no more green screen of death.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
If like me you won't waste your time to send ps5 to repair (and wait 6 months to have it back, at least in my country, sometimes Sony won't fix it even at the first try so you have to resend it), I found a trick to "fix" the infamous green screen of death. Before to put in suspended mode your console (issue happen to me when I pause a gameplay session and turn off the ps5) just open YouTube or Netflix or another multimedia app. Then you can turn off in rest mode your console. It worked for me, no more green screen of death.
Is the green screen of death common?
I've had mine since it launched, was always in rest mode and never had that problem, even in the last days there was a power outtage while it was in rest mode and no problems.

had one since almost launch. Can honestly say that when not in use, the console is in rest mode the rest

maybe had to do a full restart 3 or 4 times since first setup. That’s with a portable drive plugged in round the back

guess I could just be lucky. but constant hangs don’t sound good 🙈

Good luck getting it fixed or finding a solution 👍

Top Bottom