• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Review of the Mass Effect Trilogy in 2021

They're all as good as each other. People overreacted at the ending to 3. The rest of the video is probably just waffle.
That’s definitely not the case. The first game in particular was a labor of love, albeit heavily flawed. The second and third games show a disgusting amount of EA’s influence. On the other hand, all 3 games are worth playing if you can tolerate the glitches and jank😭

Buggy Loop

Almost 3 freaking hours?
aint nobody got time for that GIF

How fucking pretentious you have to be to think your content is worth that fucking long of a review? Youtubers are out of their fucking mind.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Long trailer, watching it in pieces, but I like it. I just finished the trilogy last week. Fing amazing. I didn't take the ending as personally as others but found it very good. My personal opinion ME3's questing was such a downgrade from ME2 which improved on ME1. Combat was fun af in ME3 Novaguard.. so good.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Almost 3 freaking hours?

How fucking pretentious you have to be to think your content is worth that fucking long of a review? Youtubers are out of their fucking mind.

I mean, I'll watch them if they're well written or constructed. Not like that Tim Rodgers or whoever who makes a three hour FFVII:R review and spends like twenty minutes talking about the horror of doing his own laundry because of the pandemic or whatever. THAT shit is pretentious.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Almost 3 freaking hours?

The best stuff is the long stuff. I'm loving to long form stuff on YouTube now. My favorite 40k person, luiton09, does lots of long stuff and it's awesome

Last edited:
That's certainly a video...

I haven't got through them all yet but I struggled getting through ME1 again. Not a bad game but the combat still isn't as good as ME2. ME2 feels like the perfect sequel.

RAIDEN1

Compared to the abomination that was Andromeda this trilogy pack is the definitive experience of Mass Effect until the proper installment comes, aside from the combat mechanics....Andromeda didn't improve anything else from the previous installments, it is the Predator 2018 of the Mass Effect series (if you get what I mean..)

Topher

Gold Member
I think I put nearly 300 hours across these games. Got all the Platinums and the overarching trophies playing on Insanity difficulty. Was absolutely a blast to play. So much more enjoyable back to back to back then it was waiting years between releases.

brian0057

Banned
Here's my review:

Mass Effect is the best game in the series.
Mass Effect 2 is a decent shooter and one of the worst RPG's Bioware has ever made.
Mass Effect 3, at least on PC, is a great shooter, and it's more of an RPG than 2. But it has the worst story of the trilogy.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
ME1 has the best story by far. The twist and turns are unmatched followed by a solid ending and hope for the future.

meech

Compared to the abomination that was Andromeda this trilogy pack is the definitive experience of Mass Effect until the proper installment comes, aside from the combat mechanics....Andromeda didn't improve anything else from the previous installments, it is the Predator 2018 of the Mass Effect series (if you get what I mean..)
Andromeda has the best game play of all of them and big maps were sniping makes actual sense(like in the first game) . And best thing, no retarded global cool down. But the rest is awful, that i agree with.

Last edited:

meech

Here's my review:

Mass Effect is the best game in the series.
Mass Effect 2 is a decent shooter and one of the worst RPG's Bioware has ever made.
Mass Effect 3, at least on PC, is a great shooter, and it's more of an RPG than 2. But it has the worst story of the trilogy.
Worse than imbecilic collectors building a human reaper for whatever reason? Worse than recruiting people without knowing the enemy and type of battle that awaits behind the Omega relay??(what, if collectors have a fleet there, what use is there for a squad instead of having a navy yourself) A brain dead council so that Shepard. is forced to work for Cerberus? I could go on and on, but the second game is the worst of them when it comes to the story.And its combat was not even decent for its time.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Andromeda has the best game play of all of them and big maps were sniping makes actual sense(like in the first game) . And best thing, no retarded global cool down. But the rest is awful, that i agree with.
For me I wouldn't say it had the best gameplay....Mass Effect 2 had me hooked to my 360 like no other game did....how they thought introducing a dumbed down version of the Mako would be a good thing we may never know....that and the re-spawning enemies some of which you would actually see dropping from the sky literally...

Okay so the general census 5 months ago is that it was a decent remaster. Thanks for the thread op. It was really needed.

You know, I always wanted to listen to somebody talk about a video game for 3 hours.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Literally just finished the remastered the first one is a classic I actually like the 3rd the best after finishing it

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I've watched a 7 and a half hour retrospective on Resident Evil.

3 hours is pussy shit. Thanks OP, will watch.

brian0057

Banned
Worse than imbecilic collectors building a human reaper for whatever reason? Worse than recruiting people without knowing the enemy and type of battle that awaits behind the Omega relay??(what, if collectors have a fleet there, what use is there for a squad instead of having a navy yourself) A brain dead council so that Shepard. is forced to work for Cerberus? I could go on and on, but the second game is the worst of them when it comes to the story.And its combat was not even decent for its time.
I enjoyed Mass Effect 2's story more than the one in the third game. I guess it helps that it's mostly disconnected from the overall narrative of the trilogy.
Maybe because of how batshit insane it is, it lapses into "so bad it's good" territory. Except for Jacob's mission. Fuck that noise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom