• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A quick history and timeline of Derek Smart vs. Chris Roberts (Star Citizen)

cakely

Derek's twitter account is now "protected", meaning that if you're not one of his 5k followers, you can no longer read any of his 18k tweets.

This account setting is normally elective.

riotous

Banned
some of who had ties to Gizmondo, a company that suddenly collapsed, after being found to be a major global money laundering operation. This is the subject of my next detailed blog, currently awaiting legal clearance prior to publication.

Wait, what?

akira28

omg this is riveting stuff. they chose the wrong guy because he doesn't just live off of this, he thrives.

this is going to be like the blackhole eating away at the gas giant. derek smart vs reddit.

Irobot82

Wait, what?

The guys who started the company ended up getting bought out by a mobster or something and the whole thing ended up being a money laundering scheme. Some of the guys who owned or worked for it before it went bad now work at CIG, therefore according to Doctor Derek Smart CIG is a money laundering scam.

Didn't read the whole thing but...

This guy likes writing dramatic monologues, doesn't he?

Well the whole JPEG stuff is a goon coined term, but he claims he has an algorithm to crash the grey market and he will be implementing it very soon.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I wonder if all this is slowing RSI's funding down or the raw publicity is just bringing in more money overall.

Can't really tell from recent results since they had Citizencon, the referral program, new ships and the new cross-chassis upgrade process all being introduced around the same time, which was quite a boost in the last few weeks.

Geist-

I wonder if all this is slowing RSI's funding down or the raw publicity is just bringing in more money overall.

Can't really tell from recent results since they had Citizencon, the referral program, new ships and the new cross-chassis upgrade process all being introduced around the same time, which was quite a boost in the last few weeks.

This is a good chart for how much they've earned per year since they launched.

SC-Chart.png

So that's 21m for 2015 by Oct 1st, plus another 3m for CitizenCon and subsequent sales, making 24m this year alone. And we have the Anniversary Sale coming next month. So, I don't think it will be a low-funding year at all, especially with the hype generation if they manage to release SC 2.0 before the year is done.

cakely

The guys who started the company ended up getting bought out by a mobster or something and the whole thing ended up being a money laundering scheme. Some of the guys who owned or worked for it before it went bad now work at CIG, therefore according to Doctor Derek Smart CIG is a money laundering scam.

Well the whole JPEG stuff is a goon coined term, but he claims he has an algorithm to crash the grey market and he will be implementing it very soon.

Looks like he's putting that Ph.D in Neural Net AI programming to good use.

Patchy

Banned
Here another wall of crazy bluster.

Yikes.

This is a $93m+ crowd-funded project with ZERO accountability & headed by shady execs; some of who had ties to Gizmondo, a company that suddenly collapsed, after being found to be a major global money laundering operation. This is the subject of my next detailed blog, currently awaiting legal clearance prior to publication.

What is he on and on about?

Falk

that puzzling face
It is due to things like this that I have been taking legal action - <...> so that the backers (those who aren't in a cult) are assured that the project can in fact be completed

I am going to burn ALL their JPEG ships to ashes. There will be NOTHING left by the time I am done. NOTHING.

.___.?

Top Bottom