• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A poll for people orbiting around PSVR2...

Choose the closest that applies to you...

• I've never owned a VR set before. I likely won't buy PSVR2.

• I've never owned a VR set before. I'm interested in PSVR2.

• I've never owned a VR set before. I'll likely buy PSVR2.

• I've already jumped into the VR pool. I likely won't be buying PSVR2.

• I've already jumped into the VR pool. I'm interested in PSVR2.

• I've already jumped into the VR pool. I'll likely buy PSVR2.

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I'm guessing PSVR 2 comes in at the same price as PS5, so either $400 or 500. If I were Sony I'd sell that first batch of 1.5 million for $499 to the hardcore early adopters, then price drop later on if needed.

NewYork214

I bought the psvr. Used it decently but not enough. Wanted more experiences like RE7 and didn't get it. Looking good so far for PSVR2. I'll be buying it as soon as I can. Hopefully not burned

R6Rider

Gold Member
You don't understand that the PS5 costs around $500-$550 and the PSVR 2 is going to be probably like $450-$500 or more.
I understand that you're combining the prices of both and calling it the PSVR2 price.

You didn't mention the PS5 in your post and I didn't in mine. Now suddenly you include it in your reply?

SilentUser

Never owned a VR set, but I'm 100% in with PSVR2. Always liked to play on VR (my brother have one) and decided to wait for PSVR2 as I have a PS5 and I'm optimistic about the future of PSVR2. Can't wait to have one, will try to buy it day one (same as my PS5).

Biff

Wired killed it for me. It was easily the worst part of PSVR1 which was an otherwise acceptable device. Expensive to the point of being "barely" worth it, but in the end still worth it.

But the thought of another 4yrs with PSVR2, wired the entire time, makes me shudder. Pretty big error on Sony's part. It just feels like the tech is a generation behind. To be honest PSVR1 was the same "generation behind" problem with shitty Move controllers and shitty screen resolution, but it was still new enough that I was willing to look beyond those issues. Not anymore.

Romulus

Wired killed it for me. It was easily the worst part of PSVR1 which was an otherwise acceptable device. Expensive to the point of being "barely" worth it, but in the end still worth it.

But the thought of another 4yrs with PSVR2, wired the entire time, makes me shudder. Pretty big error on Sony's part. It just feels like the tech is a generation behind. To be honest PSVR1 was the same "generation behind" problem with shitty Move controllers and shitty screen resolution, but it was still new enough that I was willing to look beyond those issues. Not anymore.

I don't see how the subpar tracking or Move controllers are not worst than a single wire. There's literally not even an analog on the Moves so you're forced to use bizarre control schemes with the buttons serving as D-pads.

ZoukGalaxy

PSVR 2 IS ALREADY MINE
San Diego Lol GIF by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
not interested in it. VR still has a way to go. if i get another headset it wont be a cheap console one. its not just about the hardware cause there needs to be more games.

Last edited:

Amiga

Liked PSVR1. The big issues I had with it are addressed in PSVR2:
1- cumbersome setup.
2- no VR optimized controllers. only had the shoehorned in old Move sticks.
3- Image quality was scaled down allot to brut force 60fps on 2 video outputs using a slow CPU.

You don't understand that the PS5 costs around $500-$550 and the PSVR 2 is going to be probably like $450-$500 or more.
PSVR2 isn’t gonnna cost that much and you don’t factor in the cost of a ps5 into it. People aren’t gonna buy PSVR2 who don’t care about playing on PS5, it’s for PS5 owners specifically.

You don’t factor in the cost of playing a playstation or xbox with the cost of your tv, for example.

aclar00

I dont know why exactly, but posts like these always reek of being created by Company XYZ's social media handler. Do you by chance happen to work for Sony, a subsidiary or as an independent contractor working on their behalf?

jaysius

Banned
PSVR2 isn’t gonnna cost that much and you don’t factor in the cost of a ps5 into it. People aren’t gonna buy PSVR2 who don’t care about playing on PS5, it’s for PS5 owners specifically.

You don’t factor in the cost of playing a playstation or xbox with the cost of your tv, for example.
If you're going to compare it to a Quest system you have to factor that in, that was my original point, a Quest is a standalone.

Pantz

If it's 100% backwards compatible I might go for it at launch. More of a chance that I'll hold off on the fist big price drop like the first one. Not sure yet.

arvfab

Banned
Never tried a VR headset, but I will get PSVR2. If it's backwards compatible with PSVR1 games, I will try to get it day 1.

Soosa

Banned
I tried PSVR1 and it made me super sick, 100% not usable to me.

I'm still planning to get vr2, and try to get used to it assuming better tech makes the vomit-factor bit smaller. And if I cant, then I just sell it.

Too bad if VR-sickness is something that cant be fixed for all, kind of limits the appeal if it cuts off group of people. If the problem isnt in the device, but in the biology of some people

I have always felt bit sick even on "kids swing", so maybe it is connected to that. I cant even got to amusement parks because those spinning rides literally made me puke last time (15 years ago) and before, so no thanks.

Pallas

Gold Member
Since I got the first PSVR, I’m very interested in the second one. Of course I have to get a ps5 as well but that’ll eventually happen lol.

Greirat

If there's a new FromSoft game, I'll jump in. Déraciné was cool on PSVR 1. They mentioned Armored Core VR on their youtube channel ages ago, maybe that will finally show up. King's Field VR would be amazing.

DinoD

I got PSVR on release. Enjoyed some stuff, but had no VR legs for most of the games. So, it fizzled out very quick for me. Only managed to finish RE7, by setting the turn motion to "in steps" option. Some games, like DriveClub VR and Battle Squadrons (VR part) made me super nauseous. I hated cabling, constantly having to re-center/calibrate the camera and the sweat under that helmet. I did enjoy watching movies through it. Made me feel like sitting in 1st row of cinema.
In the end. It just wasn't for me. So, I won't be lining up to get the PSVR2, but if there's a demo kiosk somewhere, wouldn't mind to check it out.

Regards

Ozriel

M$FT
Had PSVR. Got rid of that shit due to the inconvenient cabling and cumbersome setup.

PSVR 2 i'm extremely excited for. Will preorder day one. A single USB-C cable is so incredibly uncomplicated and easy to plug and play.

mxbison

I have PSVR and Quest1.

Definitely buying a next gen VR set but don't know which. If PSVR2 is good and Quest3 not announced at that point, I'll probably get it.

PaintTinJr

I've only tried PlayStation's VR at friends and I liked it like an arcade game experience and I was interested in PSVR2 for GT7 until they made it a GaaS and killed my interest in both.

For me VR not being a pack-in with PS5 tells me all I need to know about the success and necessity of the item as a mainstay for use with the console - but hopefully PC support is day 1 on the device to give it legs beyond the console.

IF GT7 got an offline GotY edition with all the content on disc I could probably justify buying the unit for that game alone - like a wheel/pedal set purchase - but I already have such short broken gaming session now, as family commitments always interrupt unless playing in the dead of night so buying one to play random output in the hope of them being amazing isn't where I'm at. Hopefully it does well and PSVR3 is wireless to make it an easier purchase choice.

Neff

While it wasn't my first VR experience, PSVR was my first VR purchase (well gift actually) and for an economical toe dip compared to the high end competition, I enjoyed it a lot.

PSVR2 looks like it's directly aiming to assert itself as one of the big boys in VR, so I can only assume it's going to be significantly better. Maybe I won't be there at launch, but I'll be there.

Wonko_C

For me VR not being a pack-in with PS5 tells me all I need to know about the success and necessity of the item as a mainstay for use with the console - but hopefully PC support is day 1 on the device to give it legs beyond the console.
PS5+VR2 mandatory bundle would cost like, $999. That would be DOA faster than you can say: "Xbox One+Kinect $499 bundle".

Top Bottom