• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Plague Tale to get remaster, original will be in July PS+, and Requiem will launch on gamepass, PS5 and Switch (cloud)

cormack12

Gold Member
There's a lot in this one post, so covered most points in a messy title.

Edit: Requiem is the title of the new sequel apparently, not the remaster.

Archived link
Original link

ArBhIR.jpg

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Interesting regarding the switch version being via cloud.

Are we expecting that to be via gamepass? AFAIK Asobo (or the publisher focus home) don't have their own cloud infrastructure to use?

Shmunter

Really liked plague tale for first couple of hours. But later the characters and rat lighting puzzles started to grate. Surprised to come away not feeling it on balance.

hlm666

Does that mean xcloud for both ps and switch, because the way its word you could take it that was ment for both? Do they plan to push gamepass on ps via browser streaming like they have to on ios?

GHG

Gold Member
Does that mean xcloud for both ps and switch, because the way its word you could take it that was ment for both? Do they plan to push gamepass on ps via browser streaming like they have to on ios?

The PlayStation version will be available via PS Plus.

Xcloud on PlayStation is not happening.

hlm666

The PlayStation version will be available via PS Plus.

Xcloud on PlayStation is not happening.
that's the remaster they are talking about on ps plus right? Or is requiem what they are calling the remaster. I read that as a sequel (requiem) and a remaster for xsx/ps5 also coming? 2020 for a remaster sounds a bit too far away.

edit 2022 i ment

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
that's the remaster they are talking about on ps plus right? Or is requiem what they are calling the remaster. I read that as a sequel (requiem) and a remaster for xsx/ps5 also coming? 2020 for a remaster sounds a bit too far away.

edit 2022 i ment

Seems like the next gen "remaster" is this year and the sequel is 2022. I think the remaster will be nothing more than the PC version with max settings.

Kupfer

If that's true, I'll bite myself in the ass a bit. Just played through the game 3 months ago on PS5 at a measly 30fps, 60 would really do the game some good.

hlm666

Seems like the next gen "remaster" is this year and the sequel is 2022. I think the remaster will be nothing more than the PC version with max settings.
And that was what my question was about, requiem was the one listed as xcloud for ps/switch. Time will tell I guess, the ps plus version is the remaster though.

arvfab

Banned
I don't know how anybody can understand it differently than:
- it is coming to PS (normal)
- it is coming to Switch via Cloud version (like Control, AC etc.)

No mention of Gamepass or XCloud for those versions.

Amiga

great game and incredible AAA graphics.

Wish more games go back to straight forward level designs like this and games like Portal/Uncharted 2 and Titanfall 2. tired of needless sandbox games where you have to search the whole game for an item to procced.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I finished it on Game Pass (or gave up at the last boss? I don't remember) and I didn't like that much. The rats and the little guy were annoying after awhile.

Tiamat2san

great game with an incredible atmosphere.
I will replay it with the remaster day one this time.
Same with the sequel.

Top Bottom