• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Plague Tale Requiem - New Trailer | The Game Awards 2021

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

Embark on an emotional and breathtaking journey in the sequel to the award-winning A Plague Tale: Innocence.
Follow Amicia and her brother Hugo, as they do whatever it takes to survive a brutal, uncaring world.

Platforms: PC, PS5, XS, Switch
Release date: 2022

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
The first one already looked amazing, but I don't see it doing anything that the PS4/X1X couldn't do in this trailer - or pushing the next gen consoles hard. Looks like more of the same - which is fine with me as I really liked the first. Be good this.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
This was the trailer I think that stood out the most to me from the entire TGA batch. Liked it a lot, looked very strong visually, good music and a proper sense of atmosphere and identity. I also greatly enjoyed the mystery element it gradually introduced. Top stuff.

Fbh

Looking great.
First one was fun despite the just average gameplay, as long as they improve and expand on that (and it's nice she has a crossbow now) this should be great.

skit_data

I was kinda disappointed with the gameplay in the first. I expected a little more TLOU2-like gameplay but instead it ended up having to force your way through situations because the animations locked you in and you kept dying too much because of it.

Last edited:

Duchess

It does look very similar to the first game, almost as though it's just an extension of it.

But I'm okay with that, as I loved the first game, so willing to give it a pass if it's more of the same, with a few extras.

cormack12

Gold Member
Looking great.
First one was fun despite the just average gameplay, as long as they improve and expand on that (and it's nice she has a crossbow now) this should be great.

Yeah looks like they have upped stealth significantly. First one felt like a puzzle sequence rather than action at times with the simplicity of it. ALso the girls VA is absolutely superb.

Honestly...the first game hit all the right notes for me. Yes the AI is bad as hell, it doesn't control amazingly well, etc...but somehow the characters, story, gameplay even if basic is solid and somehow the soundtrack surprised me tbh.
One of the biggest surprises regarding all the PS Plus games this year. I would never play this otherwise, lmao.

Fbh

Yeah looks like they have upped stealth significantly. First one felt like a puzzle sequence rather than action at times with the simplicity of it. ALso the girls VA is absolutely superb.

Yeah, I mean I didn't hate the gameplay in the first one but aside from a bit of jank I felt like it took too long slowly introducing mechanics, towards the end when you have a lot of tools and they give you some more freedom it was fun. Hopefully that's the baseline they use at the beginning of the sequel.

And yeah the VA is surprisingly solid, though I played and enjoyed the first one in french.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
First one was awesome and surprised me how good it was. This one looks like they improved on it and will probably be even better.

Top Bottom