• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Plague Tale: Requiem | 8 minutes presentation

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
45430140c09e593843ca04484b513e36_1920_KR.jpg

Learn more about A Plague Tale: Requiem in this presentation by the developers at Asobo Studios during the Tribeca Games Spotlight.

Fleeing their painful past, Amicia and her brother travel south to distant lands and their trading cities. They attempt to make a fresh start there and control Hugo's curse.
But when Hugo's powers resurface, death and destruction descend in a shattering deluge of rats. Forced to flee, they place their hopes in an enigmatic island that could be the key to Hugo's salvation.

A Plague Tale: Requiem is planned for PS5, XBOX Series, PC & Switch with a cloud only version (thx to remember_spinal remember_spinal for the link) and will releaser somewhere in 2022.

9df8f1f4a644778fe6f55b99982e080d_1920_KR.jpg
65358d29c7d4e0df38f356ca04148479_1920_KR.jpg
75922cf80fd1e8083d73d02471b09b5b_1920_KR.jpg
9bc798e27be7c4db4173ae6082702534_1920_KR.jpg

Last edited:

Fbh

Game looks great, it seems like it got a nice visual upgrade too, specially the faces which look way more lifelike now.

But devs talking? Very little new footage? Still only a vague 2022 date?
If this doesn't get an extensive new showing during the Xbox event on Sunday I'm almost certain it will be delayed to 2023.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
It look amazing, the first one was great i'm sure this sequel will be even better. Asobo is ranking up, going from a small 12 persons team 10 years ago to now 250+ peoples, they recently move to new bigger offices at Bordeaux.
Also the music is top tier :messenger_musical:

Last edited:

Thief1987

First game, despite being pretty short, somehow managed to become incredibly dull by the middle point. Sequel look like just more of the same.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping for a gameplay trailer and release date at the Xbox showcase. Day one on Game Pass, can't wait!!!

Edder1

The visuals look much improved, but the motion capture and animations still look quite last genish and stand out more than last time around because of the game looking more realistic.

Esca

Really looking forward to this game. The first one really surprised me and I enjoyed it a ton. The graphics look quite nice

Kataploom

Gold Member
Damn... I don't know if I should wait to get a 4K TV (probably C2) or pull the trigger before... I'm expecting to get one on Q3

Fredrik

Asobo is really punching above their weight at all times, this looks fantastic. Still haven’t played the first one.

Duchess

I bought a second hand copy of the first game. Then felt guilty about the devs not getting any cash out of me, so I bought a new copy afterwards! LOL! :)

CamHostage

But devs talking? Very little new footage? Still only a vague 2022 date?
If this doesn't get an extensive new showing during the Xbox event on Sunday I'm almost certain it will be delayed to 2023.

'Tis the year of devs talking and vague dates. We've got no God of War date yet, we don't know yet if Forza is back on its every-other-year track or not, we were still getting teasers for the freaking 2D TMNT date two days ago and that game is coming out next week...

Bartski

Gold Member
Very exciting. Gives me the deep in the trenches vibe rather than them being almost done, I'd be really surprised if the release date was as early as some leaks suggested.

Shmunter

This really needs to trim the fat and improve the flow. The first one started so well but spiralled into a coma midway. Had to really push hard to get through it.

M1987

Jesus this has to be the most unimpressive Gen in terms of graphics.
Tbf this gen only started around a year ago because of Covid, so only Forbidden West, Demon's Soul's and Ratchet and Clank look next gen. I think 2023 and beyond is when the graphics will start to look a lot better when they start releasing games on only this gen consoles

Last edited:

Salz01

Haven’t watched the video yet. But this game technically runs on original Xbox One. Weird that there is no PS4 version. Not that I want this game to be able to run on last gen, just seems it’s designed for last gen too if og Xbox is included.

reksveks

Haven’t watched the video yet. But this game technically runs on original Xbox One. Weird that there is no PS4 version. Not that I want this game to be able to run on last gen, just seems it’s designed for last gen too if og Xbox is included.
Source its on xbox one cause the Xbox page says differently?

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/a-plague-tale-requiem

Unless you are talking about an early build being on the xbox one.

is this cross gen?
Does it matter? It's not on PS4/XBO, but does that really make it more next-gen than something like Horizon Forbidden West?

Not meaning you specifically, Kokoloko85 Kokoloko85 , but I don’t understand why some can see a game different just knowing if there is a version on older hardware or not. 95% of games coming out for PS5, wouldn't even come close to maximizing the PS4, much less the PS5.

Last edited:
Seriously, Asobo are one of the best bang for buck studios out there.
This game is stunning. As good as anything we have seen yet.
All that from a small studio on their own in-house engine is really great to see.
One might expect them to get bought out by MS in the following years. With the really close relationship they have, and the fact that Asobo has a ten or so years deal to maintain MS Flight Sim, you would think MS has a first right of refusal if they want to sell.

Exentryk

Hoping the gameplay is more streamlined and smooth. Rest looks like the same. The graphics are good, but the facial animations are lacking.
Anyway, should be good on Gamepass.

I didn't like Innocence as much as everyone else it seems. Felt like a walking simulator and by 3/4 I was finishing it just to be done. Hated the lock on combat, standard aiming and shooting would have helped my experience.

jaysius

Banned
I didn't like Innocence as much as everyone else it seems. Felt like a walking simulator and by 3/4 I was finishing it just to be done. Hated the lock on combat, standard aiming and shooting would have helped my experience.
Me either, I really don't get the hype, it was a middling stealth game that got really annoying because of the babysitting mechanic baked into the game.

Stuart360

I hope the game is a little less linear to be honest. I dont know if its because i love open world games but thefirst game felt so restriced, almost like the whole game is jut walking down an invisible coridoor, if you get me.
I still likd the game, but it just felt VERY old school.

Last edited:
The first game was a nice ps plus surprise to me and it ended up as one of my favorite gaming experience from last year (I think it was last year it was on there) so I can't wait for this tbh

jaysius

Banned
I hope the game is a little less linear to be honest. I dont know if its because i love open world games but thefirst game felt so restriced, almost like the whole game is jut walking down an invisible coridoor, if you get me.
I still likd the game, but it just felt VERY old school.
Yea, this is my issue the "there is one solution to this scenario" kind of painful linearity of the game was what turned me off, it punished creative solutions with it's cemented game design.

Duchess

Hmm. Hugo's voice seems too mature for a boy of his age. I can't see this being set more than 2-3 years after the first game..?

Edit: oh, that's funny - it looks like the motion capture for Hugo is being done by a girl...? :)
Another edit: seems like Hugo's voice actor is the same as the first game, so maybe that's not Hugo speaking..?

Last edited:
Top Bottom