• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Plague Tale: Innocence - PS5, Xbox Series X|S & Nintendo Switch Official Launch Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the new trailer for A Plague Tale: Innocence and follow the story of Amicia and her little brother Hugo along a heartrending journey through the darkest hours of history.

Asobo Studio and Focus Home Interactive have announced that the enhanced version of A Plague Tale: Innocence is now available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. This enhanced version features 60 FPS, enhanced graphics with up to 4K UHD, audio optimizations, and offers fast load times on the new generation consoles.

A Plague Tale: Innocence also releases today on the Nintendo Switch system as a cloud version, allowing players to pick it up digitally and play using cloud streaming technology.

Kuranghi

I wish it had 30fps mode to compare IQ to the 60 mode and see if its worth the chop in frames, its not really a game where perfect aim and timing is crucial afaik. I could just play it at 4K30 on PC but i can't be fucked messing around with settings.

kunonabi

Played it a bit and enjoying it so far. Well, after I changed the voices to French anyway.

Last edited:

elliot5

This game looks interesting. Never paid any close attention to it before.
It's like a French the last of us without the guns, and obviously lower budget than naughty dog. Puzzles and stealth and combat are basic, but it has similar item scavenging and crafting upgrades. More emphasis on story than gameplay, but it's not terribly long so I'd give it a play seeing as it's on ps+ and game pass. Not much to lose.

Seems kind of interesting, been playing for a couple of hours on the PS5. The textures and lighting looks great sometimes but man, are the graphics inconsistent. The character animation, especially for the faces, are PS3 level quality at best.

There's also some weird bloomy kind of glow everywhere that looks like shit, but graphics aren't everything 🙂 - nice setting, and the game is growing on me, even if it feels kind of low budget.

Södy

Seems kind of interesting, been playing for a couple of hours on the PS5. The textures and lighting looks great sometimes but man, are the graphics inconsistent. The character animation, especially for the faces, are PS3 level quality at best.

There's also some weird bloomy kind of glow everywhere that looks like shit, but graphics aren't everything 🙂 - nice setting, and the game is growing on me, even if it feels kind of low budget.
You can lower the "Chromatic Abberation" in the graphics menu (on PS5 atleast). I set it to low and it looks better now.

You can lower the "Chromatic Abberation" in the graphics menu (on PS5 atleast). I set it to low and it looks better now.
Yeah I did, but it doesn't help with the issues I'm seeing 🙂 - it's the least of the problems with the graphics IMO.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
It's like a French the last of us without the guns, and obviously lower budget than naughty dog. Puzzles and stealth and combat are basic, but it has similar item scavenging and crafting upgrades. More emphasis on story than gameplay, but it's not terribly long so I'd give it a play seeing as it's on ps+ and game pass. Not much to lose.

Free on ps5. It's the ps+ game this month.

WHOA! Really?! It's being downloaded then.

Thirty7ven

Banned
People name dropping TLOU just because they share a plot point are setting a lot of people up for disappointment.

The game is nothing like TLOU.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Free on ps5. It's the ps+ game this month.
Sadly they fucked up the upgrade for owners of the PS4 version, you can't just upgrade your version, you can only download the PS+ version

elliot5

People name dropping TLOU just because they share a plot point are setting a lot of people up for disappointment.

The game is nothing like TLOU.
Lots of stealth, throwing objects around to distract AI, silent takedowns, instant death unless you've got an item crafted, little collectibles sprinkled throughout, various materials to use in crafting tools from your backpack and to use in upgrading your character at workbenches, pushing platforms and objects around to reach new locations, guiding a companion AI through a plague, beautiful but horrific and detailed environments...

It's not the same, but it's *similar* and it doesn't take much analysis to see it. Like I said it's lower budget and not a naughty dog game.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Lots of stealth, throwing objects around to distract AI, silent takedowns, instant death unless you've got an item crafted, little collectibles sprinkled throughout, various materials to use in crafting tools from your backpack and to use in upgrading your character at workbenches, pushing platforms and objects around to reach new locations, guiding a companion AI through a plague, beautiful but horrific and detailed environments...

It's not the same, but it's *similar* and it doesn't take much analysis to see it. Like I said it's lower budget and not a naughty dog game.

Most games will have similar mechanics and ideas, cherry picking them doesn’t really tell you how similar these games are or are not. They play completely different, and have completely different styles.

It’s not about budget at all. Plague Tale is almost as scripted as a point and click adventure, and the story itself, from the writing to the beats, is very different from TLOU.

The comparison doesn’t do it any favors.

Last edited:

Salz01

I downloaded the 40g update. Booted it up on Series X, and thought somebody smeared Vaseline all over my tv screen. I don’t remember it being this soft and blurry. It’s like a 4K blur update. Yes, I also see screen tearing on series x and it’s 60fps. Disappointing patch.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The enhanced version of A Plague Tale: Innocence is now available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. This version features 60 FPS, enhanced graphics with up to 4K UHD, audio optimizations, and offers fast load times on the new generation consoles. Check out the entire opening chapter of Amicia and Hugo's adventure running on Xbox Series X.

I only played the demo and loved it. I have to finish this game one day...

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I find this game to be really soft-looking (XSX), not sure what is the res.

loving it on p5 , the settings are seriously thought provoking, the warriors on the battlefield dead... wow , and the charming quips and quirks to the character , is emotional. graphically very beautiful.

Shmunter

DualSense is immediately appreciated. I really like having haptics on character movement, it makes your feel a lot more connected to the protagonist.

Already finished it on Pro, may revisit one day.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

2019's A Plague Tale: Innocence tells the bleak tale of a young girl named Amicia and her brother, Hugo, who work together to uncover the mystery of an ancient curse that allows him to control hordes of plague rats. With the sequel, A Plague Tale: Requiem dropping sometime in 2022, it's time to recap the story so far.

A Plague Tale: Requiem is being developed by Asobo Studio and published by Focus Home Interactive. It is currently expected to release in 2022 for the PlayStation 5 (PS5), Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Nintendo Switch.

Top Bottom