• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Plague Tale : Innocence |OT| A Mischief of Rats

Mista

Banned
Logo_Header.png

Developer : ASOBO Studio
Publisher: Focus Home Interactive
Release: May 14, 2019
Platforms: Xbox-PS4-PC
Price: $49.99 | £44.99 | €49.99

PC Recommended Specs:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-4690 (3.5 GHz)/AMD FX-8300 (3.3 GHz)
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 4 GB, GeForce GTX 970/Radeon RX 480
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
PC Minimum Specs:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i3-2120 (3.3 GHz)/AMD FX-4100 X4 (3.6 GHz)
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 2 GB, GeForce GTX 660/Radeon HD 7870
  • Storage: 50 GB available space

Frise_Story_smallerrat_INT.png

1349. The plague ravages the Kingdom of France. Amicia and her younger brother Hugo are pursued by the Inquisition through villages devastated by the disease. On their way, they will have to join forces with other children, and evade swarms of rats using fire and light. Aided only by the link that binds their fates together, they will face untold horrors in their struggle to survive.As their adventure begins

Frise_Characters_smallerat_INT.png

Bloc_Characters_INT.png

A Plague Tale: Innocence - Review thread

Screenshots:

A-Plague-Tale-Innocence_2018_12-06-18_009.png

A-Plague-Tale-Innocence_2018_12-06-18_001.png

A-Plague-Tale-Innocence_2018_12-06-18_006.png

Trailers:

THE END
APT_STEAM_GIF.gif

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Nice job this game is indeed deserve it, I even sent an email to the studio to request a visit since I live not far away from Asobo 🤞

Ooh, I hope they let you. Also if they do find out if they intend to do a Concept Art Book? I understand some reviewers may have gotten them as part of the promotion of the game, but I'm curious to know if they plan a commercial release?

Exentryk

This game supports HDR, right? Getting an OLED tv this weekend, so will be great to inaugurate it with this game.

Anyone know what it takes to run this at 4K 60?

Kadayi

Banned
This game supports HDR, right? Getting an OLED tv this weekend, so will be great to inaugurate it with this game.

No idea about the HDR. Seems a beefy PC or an XBox One Pro is the way to go.

Last edited:

sertopico

I did not see any HDR option in the game but I don't know if it depends from the fact I have no HDR monitor (playing on PC here).

I beat it last night in 24 gameplay hours by taking my sweet sweet time taking everything in! It is my personal game of the year so far (and i have played EVERYTHING)! Studio Asobo have created a true masterpiece! It is spellbinding all the way through and has atmosphere out of this world! Amicia and Hugo De Rune forever!

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
Can you replay chapters to do a cheevo/trophy cleanup with upgraded equipment etc after you finish the game?

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Can you replay chapters to do a cheevo/trophy cleanup with upgraded equipment etc after you finish the game?
You can replay chapters. Although I don't know if you'll want to after you finish the game and if you finish it at all.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

Just finished the game. Wow wow wow wow! 10 out of fucking 10 hands down! The surprise of the year and deserves to be recognised and played by many many MANY people.
How is the time period represented? Is it all black and white or are there good and bad people on both sides?

mcz117chief

Religiously fake, yes. Stop asking questions and get the game before I spoil the ending. GO! NOW! I give you my word that you won’t be disappointed
Alright, I just don't like it when people shit on my believes just to feel better about their edgelord atheism.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I am still amazed that an unknown studio had not only the time and skills to write their engine, to get all those modern rendering effects in, to get a good animation system, but to be able to use it / get it to such a usable state to create so much good quality content with it...

How crazy they were modelling all those leaves, rocks, and brushes?!? DF’s review left me speechless...

CyberPanda

Banned
I am still amazed that an unknown studio had not only the time and skills to write their engine, to get all those modern rendering effects in, to get a good animation system, but to be able to use it / get it to such a usable state to create so much good quality content with it...

How crazy they were modelling all those leaves, rocks, and brushes?!? DF’s review left me speechless...
Lots of High IQ individuals. They also only have about 140 employees as of 2018.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Lots of High IQ individuals. They also only have about 140 employees as of 2018.

Super dedicated, focused, and very agile people. Even more than the rendering tech I am thinking at the tools they built to build the game with, the content pipeline from their DCC tools (your ZBrush, Maya/3DS Max/etc...), the level editor... there is a lot of stuff you need to ensure people can iterate quickly and be productive :D.
Also, yes, when you are a focused smart group of people writing your own tech to power the game you, not marketing or some VP somewhere, wants to create is easier to do more with less (as I am repeatedly told by smarter people myself :)).

Still, yeah... I am glad people are still writing their own tech and we are past on the “not using UE4? Oh my you are wasting your time!!!!”. These devs have shown you can ship a great game, on time, with a small outfit, and tons of great content at a AAA quality. Want to know more about them for sure :).

Kadayi

Banned
Alright, I just don't like it when people shit on my beliefs just to feel better about their edgelord atheism.

Trust me, there's no shitting on religious beliefs in the game. They're not playing things from that angle at all. It's a great game and well worth anyone's time.

The big bad is the head of the Inquisition, but they make it pretty clear he's acting on his own accord versus from any religious mandate

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Gameplay is good then, I take it?
Um... at this point it is safe to say that gameplay is not the best part of the game, but it is good enough for what it is, just don't expect much, accept it for what it is and enjoy everything else cuz it is pretty much perfect, well, besides maybe facial animations and lip sync.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Um... at this point it is safe to say that gameplay is not the best part of the game, but it is good enough for what it is, just don't expect much, accept it for what it is and enjoy everything else cuz it is pretty much perfect, well, besides maybe facial animations and lip sync.

Thanks. I guess I always enjoy a good story. I had fun even with Everyone Has Gone to Rapture.

Roberts

Gameplay is good then, I take it?

It is. While the game is relatively short to be at risk of becoming repetitive, I loved that each chapter has something slightly different to offer when it comes to puzzles, combat and general gameplay. You rarely do the same thing more than once or twice - that is something you can't say about somewhat comparable games like TLOU or Hellblade (I liked both games).

Mista

Banned
This game looks amazing, can’t believe I’ve never heard of it. Gameplay is good then, I take it?
Decent gameplay, nothing special. But definitely better than some AAA garbage titles I’ll give them that. The whole mix in the game makes it perfect. You won’t regret a second while playing from start to end.

Top Bottom