• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A peek at the new PS Store

Do you like the new PS Store (Browser) layout

• Looks dope as fuck

• Trash

• "Serviceable"

Results are only viewable after voting.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Another generation without an attempt to consolidate this mess? Double the mess when demos, betas, DLC, and skins get added. Fuck.

oWjjS0j.jpg

By the way. Why haven't anyone mentioned the prices? I sure as hell hope they are stock prices cus the cheapest game is 100 bucks wtf.

Pretty much the reason I don't like it.

Let's just hope it's faster than the Microsoft Web store, cus that's sluggish as hell.

I remember the pain when I still played on Xbox where it was a mess to sign in to buy stuff, going back to the catalogue where you signed out again.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
By the way. Why haven't anyone mentioned the prices? I sure as hell hope they are stock prices cus the cheapest game is 100 bucks wtf.

Let's just hope it's faster than the Microsoft Web store, cus that's sluggish as hell.

I remember the pain when I still played on Xbox where it was a mess to sign in to buy stuff, going back to the catalogue where you signed out again.

I've found both to be shockingly slow. I don't know why either, they're static pages. Even with the weak PS4 / XB1 CPU I don't understand why it would still struggle like that.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I've found both to be shockingly slow. I don't know why either, they're static pages. Even with the weak PS4 / XB1 CPU I don't understand why it would still struggle like that.

Yeah true. But the website is also sluggish which was what I reffered to.

I suspect, even though one x is faster than the One, that both machine has the same allocated power.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like the new store is live for me now. It's a lot more intuitive than the old store front, but I'm finding it to be a lot more difficult to find exactly what I'm looking for now. I guess because all of the filtering options are gone.

Reactions: MrS

tagliner

Neo Member
I think the solar white mode burnt my eyes. Luckily I managed to see something about ShareFactory so I'm a bit in hype mode about the app getting the improved new gen touch.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Pros:
  • I like how it's very easy to see at a glance which things I own and don't. No more waiting for silly javascript to load to override the price which used to take several seconds on each page load.
  • Store page now shows if the game is part of PlayStation Now, which is nice so you don't accidentally buy something you could have downloaded anyway if you're a subscriber
  • The "Collections" tab is quite nice, with curated lists of the best games in each genre and monthly picks, very cool
Cons:
  • The item name isn't present when browsing, this is particularly troublesome for items whose name isn't readily apparent from the thumbnail
  • No more filtering or sorting options - you used to be able to select sorting like "most popular / lowest price / a -> z" and that is no longer possible
  • You can no longer see a full list of a game's available DLC. DLC for a game isn't shown on the game's page like it used to be. This used to be particularly useful to me when looking at Rock Band 4 DLC as I could browse just that game's DLC and sort / filter appropriately.
  • Search box no longer has any sort of autocomplete
Overall, this feels like one step forward, two steps back. It's hard to imagine this was very well tested beforehand, because these types of changes in the "cons" section above would likely make publishers upset because it's absolutely going to cost them sales.

Reactions: MrS
Top Bottom