• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A peek at the new PS Store

Do you like the new PS Store (Browser) layout

• Looks dope as fuck

• Trash

• "Serviceable"

Results are only viewable after voting.

FrankWza

Mostly just hope it's fast. Even the desktop website just feels weird sometimes with the lags and loads, and the phone app is a web view, I hope that's rewritten to be all native for the PS5.

yeah. It looks fine but I gotta use it to see if it makes any sense

Barakov

Sony: Hey Microsoft, can I copy off your homework?
Microsoft: Sure, just change it a bit so that nobody can tell.
Sony:

4SfRPwV.png

3sBg57R.png
Pretty much the reason I don't like it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
There is a huge separation from the old to the new. I’m totally on board, but doesn’t it feel like there’s something we can’t quite grasp? I’ve been around to see the original colors, the dark blues, the red tints, the whites, and now the ultra white. I wish Sony would humor me just a bit. I’m all onboard, but how do they plan to make players (like myself) feel like they have adapted versus showcasing a ton of bright lights in our faces?

Is this what was caused by the new management? Just some thoughts I’ve had. Also, why can’t I preorder Resident Evil Village yet?

I preordered Demon’s Souls deluxe edition because of my reasons. I view their new library and it feels like wet paint almost, so maybe it’s just a waiting game at this point.

Last edited:

xion4360

looks serviceable, a lot like MS', but I kind of like the current webpage...all I ever need to look at is the "new this week" page and see all the new games, dlc and whatever else came out..so if this new store doesnt have that same page im going to hate it.

AetherMage

Really hate how they list the deluxe, super delux, etc. versions as seperate games. Only going to get more fuckered as the catalog grows.

longdi

Banned
Sony:

4SfRPwV.png

3sBg57R.png

Sony's in 4k yoz.

But i agree, the new store looked `familiar`, lol.

White background is so dated, and will suck for those on oled.

Im disappointed Google home page is still white

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
NB: IMAGES ARE OF THE PS STORE ON THE WEB BROWSER

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.11.15.png

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.11.58.png

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.12.18.png

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.12.49.png

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.15.49.png

50506666198_526e601d59_b.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.17.10.png
50507284971_d0a7649dbe_b.jpg

From what I'm reading, the AUS store is partially live and folks have been using VPS to see dis shit!

I like it. What do you guys think?

Edit: More pics!

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.22.15.png

Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.22.41.png
Screenshot_2020-10-19_at_22.28.24.png

Looks nice! Glad they put genres to make it easier to find some hidden gems.

Reactions: MrS

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Should be live tomorrow, right? Can't wait to try it out although I literally just bought Cyberpunk and Demon's today 🙈

I'll preorder Spiderman MM first, I think it's better to buy a game after you finish the current game, as you might get it in a sale or something ;) Don't overcrowd your library just yet!

• Empathy

Fuz

Banned
From someone who never owned a console (except a DS), it looks clean and well organized and it apparently has no ads like the shitty XseX one*.

* once again, fuck you for accepting that shit.

MrS

Banned
I'll preorder Spiderman MM first, I think it's better to buy a game after you finish the current game, as you might get it in a sale or something ;) Don't overcrowd your library just yet!
Will be playing them simultaneously + BLOPS, Fortnite and Godfall!

Last edited:

Thabass

Looks fine to me, but not consistent. Wish it was more rounded like the PS5 UI. But other than that, it I like it for the most part.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
From someone who never owned a console (except a DS), it looks clean and well organized and it apparently has no ads like the shitty XseX one*.

* once again, fuck you for accepting that shit.
I mean - isn't every web store just a giant advertisement at this point? The point is that they're trying to sell you games, and you better believe that they'll be working marketing deals with big publishers to have their games prominently featured.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I hope it performs well. The PS3 store gradually became more useless with each update and the PS4 store lagged so much. I pretty much bought everything on the website because it was so frustrating on console. To the point where I still just go to the website to buy new games. Sony does almost everything well except the store. Trying to buy games from them has been pretty consistently frustrating.

vkbest

I hope it performs well. The PS3 store gradually became more useless with each update and the PS4 store lagged so much. I pretty much bought everything on the website because it was so frustrating on console. To the point where I still just go to the website to buy new games. Sony does almost everything well except the store. Trying to buy games from them has been pretty consistently frustrating.

PS4 Pro here, and never had a problem with PSN. Only some times the page is reloaded, but no lagged problems unless you are navigating with a game running on background.

Myths

It seems functional, I’d have to use it to know for sure. Looks aesthetically stale otherwise.

It´s pretty unspectacular, which is fine with me if it works proper. Couldn´t care less about the design of the console based shops of either platform, it´s function over form in those regards all day.

jigglet

Banned
Yes those should be merged. No need for a bloated store.

They don't even need to think too hard about it. Just copy Steam. They have a single page for each game, with a sub-section that shows you all the different editions, and another tab that shows you all the DLC and skins and so forth.

jigglet

Banned
This is how it should be done, everything neatly in one page. Different editions bunched together at the top, skins and crap bunched together below it. Oh it soothes the soul just looking at this.

v4TlUYg.jpg

ReBurn

Gold Member
PS4 Pro here, and never had a problem with PSN. Only some times the page is reloaded, but no lagged problems unless you are navigating with a game running on background.
To be quite honest with you, it's not a positive thing that the way to get decent performance in the PS store is to buy PS4 Pro. I recently bought a used Pro from someone selling theirs in preparation for next gen but I still use the website out of habit since I've done it that way for so long. I'll check it out.

Papacheeks

Banned
I love the Playstation Indie section. Seems they found a way to put a spotlight on indies through a more curated form. There's just so many I'm glad they can have a more funneled section of top rated indie games so I can play what I usually look for.

Looks like shit.
Hope the store will be better on PS5.

Never bothered much with the store anyways cause it's such a pain in the ass.

Note: So are other stores, too and especially the microsoft store.
Might be cause I'm used to the steam store.

Last edited:

vkbest

To be quite honest with you, it's not a positive thing that the way to get decent performance in the PS store is to buy PS4 Pro. I recently bought a used Pro from someone selling theirs in preparation for next gen but I still use the website out of habit since I've done it that way for so long. I'll check it out.

I hadn't problem with PS4 when I had one I sold 3 years ago. So I can't speak about current state. If you tell me about vita or PS3 I would agree with you, but PS Store on PS4 always felt smooth. Maybe is a problem with servers? For example I have read on Neogaf about Switch eShop being faster, but in my home, eShop is 3x slower and laggy.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Looks like shit.
Hope the store will be better on PS5.

Never bothered much with the store anyways cause it's such a pain in the ass.

Note: So are other stores, too and especially the microsoft store.
Might be cause I'm used to the steam store.

With PS5, the store will be integrated into the OS, like Xbox. Except the interface kind of sucks on Xbox so.

This is how it should be done, everything neatly in one page. Different editions bunched together at the top, skins and crap bunched together below it. Oh it soothes the soul just looking at this.

v4TlUYg.jpg

Steam does everything the current consoles do, better. I know that they have the advantage with mouse and keyboard, but even BPM, while still rudimentary, is smoother and more logical than both Xbox One and PS4 to this day.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Sony:

4SfRPwV.png

3sBg57R.png

Person a: The new store looks great.
Person b: meh, looks like Xbox Store. Still looks great though, right?
Person a confused now if it's good or bad:
tenor.gif

Last edited:

CAB_Life

I think this generation of UI designers have been too heavily influenced by sterile, neutral, tile-based aesthetics. Almost every UI on every platform/ device/ webstore is starting to look the same. (I’m sure that backend hosts like Wix and other template mills aren’t helping to broaden the aesthetic.) Makes me long for the bubbly quirkiness of the Vita’s alien dashboard or the 360’s blades.

Top Bottom