• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A NewPS5 Model has Appeared in Australian Stores

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
We can confirm that all Australian PS5 stock that has landed in the country this week contains a new model number (CFI-1102A). I believe this makes us the first country to receive stock of this new model (either Digital or Disc).

PS-PS5-1314x739.jpg

There is nothing about this model mentioned online, but we’ve been able to confirm with a purchaser that this new model does in-fact include the new screw that is able to be adjusted by hand (and doesn’t require a screwdriver) and although we can’t confirm at this moment, can assume that it is slightly lighter than the original PS5 model.

PS5-Screws-1314x739.jpg

Sony has not yet confirmed the exact changes of this new model number, and as far as we can tell, these are the first of the new models arriving anywhere in the world. At the time of writing, we weren’t able to find the manual for the new model, but the manual for the digital edition can be found HERE detailing the changes.

Last edited:

Soodanim

If this sorts Coil whine I'll be both pissed and elated
Fixing that would take effort, and effort means publicity to sell the new model they invested R&D in to.

If they made substantial changes, we’d know about them, likely ahead of time. Maybe next revision

i wonder if it still has buzzing from the power supply? i've gotten used to it and barely notice it anymore but would still be nice if it was fixed or reduced.

Mattyp

Gold Member
So did how they loose 300g? Would think injecting to stop the coil whine would add weight typically.

ultrazilla

How's performance?

Really want to get this variant model with the different screw. How easy is it to turn? How's the threading? Do you still get the secret compartment?
Finally, how's the ray tracing on the screw and performance?

Thanks.

just a minor revision. most people will never be able to tell the difference. wait for the Slim model if you want a quieter/cooler system with better power consumption.

why they have changed screw head like it gets hot is beyond me....

*rubs screw head, branded in mark, on finger and winces...* :p

seriosly though , aint dat bad lol...
Yeah. Early adopters are usually shafted
ah ahhh , nope , they cheapo , newer models , the p3 was a beast , and lost stuff with size revisions etc.
same for tvs , a flagship master tv. usually performs as good as models for years after.
but consoles, it will be cheaper components 100%

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
why they have changed screw head like it gets hot is beyond me....

*rubs screw head, branded in mark, on finger and winces...* :p

seriosly though , aint dat bad lol...

ah ahhh , nope , they cheapo , newer models , the p3 was a beast , and lost stuff with size revisions etc.
same for tvs , a flagship master tv. usually performs as good as models for years after.
but consoles, it will be cheaper components 100%
Right with the PS3. I forgot

jigglet

Banned
I hope EB games has a trade in deal.

Trade in your PS5 and $700 and you get a free upgrade*

*screws only, console still costs extra.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Can’t wait for coil whine tests on this new model.
I must be one of lucky few as it does not bother me at all.
I can hear a tiny bit of it in demons souls. It ticks faster in 60fps and slower in 30fps mode. But it's so faint and quiet. 3080fe is like a coil white space rocket next to it :p

skit_data

I must be one of lucky few as it does not bother me at all.
I can hear a tiny bit of it in demons souls. It ticks faster in 60fps and slower in 30fps mode. But it's so faint and quiet. 3080fe is like a coil white space rocket next to it :p
I don’t think you’re one of the lucky few, rather I think people who have it are in the unlucky few.

Among my friends neither I and two others have coil whine. Sony should make sure to fix and minimize the issue no doubt but to me it seems like a largely overblown problem, otherwise it would get more media coverage than anecdotal experiences on Neogaf.

Top Bottom