• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new PlayStation 5 exclusive FINAL FANTASY game will be announced in June

Elios83

Really interesting.
The amount of big PS5 exclusives from Square Enix is getting huge.
FFXVI, Forspoken, FF7 Remake part 2 and this.
Sony's summer showcase could be filled just with first party games and the SE titles and it would be huge.

Last edited:

Isa

Gold Member
I'm looking forward to it regardless of whatever it is. I'd really love a Tactics Ogre/FF Tactics game, with the original artist, but what if its kind of a "new game" remake like what we got with Trials of Mana. I absolutely loved that game, both original and remake(which I actually enjoyed more it was among my top games of 2020 along with 13 Sentinels). There are quite a few great Super Famicom square games that never got an official translation, Bahamut Lagoon and Treasure of the Rudras could be cool.

I'd also love to see a musou game with FF characters. I know many poopoo the games but I sure like 'em. And a nioh-esq Square title would be, well could be awesome! I'm hyped, and would love to see more of their announced titles as well. Really dying to get a good new rpg story right now and FFXVI would fit that bill nicely.

GuinGuin

Banned
Really interesting.
Sony's summer showcase could be filled just with first party games and the SE titles and it would be huge.

Their Summer 2021 showcase has a chance of blowing their 2015 showcase out of the water and that was when they announced Horizon Zero Dawn, Dreams, Final Fantasy VII remake, and Shenmue 3.

YukiOnna

It should be FFR part two right?
FF7R? Nah Kitase-P said Square Enix treats FF7R as a mainline FF title, so it wouldn't be. Plus, Nomura recently gave an update on development for Part 2 and said they'll formally announce the sequel when the timing is right.

Vesna

Neo Member
I just remembered another "leak-rumor"... it was "Final Fantasy Musou". It kind of makes sense because Omega Force always do some kind of collaboration and now that they just had one with Nintendo (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity) and Dragon Quest Heroes 3 isn't happening (because DQ Dai Infinity Strash is an action RPG, hack-and-slash). So, if they do Final Fantasy Musou with (for example) FF XIV world, engine and a new story arc, I think it could work. People were asking for an "offline" FF XIV and Omega Force could just take the carcass of XIV and experiment. Or just basic Musou with "all stars" cast from the series.

Honestly, I would much rather see World of Final Fantasy sequel or new Crystal Chronicles. I wasn't a fan of Persona 5 Strikers and the way it combined turn-based combat with action, didn't like the story either. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, on the other hand, is pretty good and I'm guessing Nintendo was watching over Omega Force.

FF7R? Nah Kitase-P said Square Enix treats FF7R as a mainline FF title, so it wouldn't be. Plus, Nomura recently gave an update on development for Part 2 and said they'll formally announce the sequel when the timing is right.
Well, then it'going to be a spinoff, nothing important. Square can't develop three big games at the same time.

Well, then it'going to be a spinoff, nothing important. Square can't develop three big games at the same time.
It will be a spin off because they have their hands full, but they totally can.
In early 2017 they were developing KH3, re-started FFVIIR, they were in the early stages of FFXVI (started in 2016) and closing on DQXI.
They have three internal big divisions capable of handling AAA projects, plus the new Luminous Productions in charge of Athia. However they are all busy at work on big projects (FFVIIR2, FFXVI, DQXII and Athia), maybe Business Unit 1 is on a KH sequel too since they are very big.

YukiOnna

How it's divided if curious:
CBU1 General FF (internal/External), FF7 IP, KH (Osaka Studio), TWEWY, and SaGa
CBU2 Dragon Quest, Nier, Octopath, Bravely Default
CBU3 FFXVI, FFXIV, FFXI, Dragon Quest Builders
CBU4 Mana Series and Mobage

Furball

Apparently its being made by Team Ninja (devs of Nioh) and is somewhat like Nioh & Souls games.

Screen_Shot_2021-05-24_at_8.45.19_AM.png

Inspire really mean alot . Also it is not confirm about Team Ninja .

Moreover , people here keep thinking about mainline FF world and forget FF crsytal Chronicle also has a really big world :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
Really interesting.
This is because Jim Ryan doesn't care for Japanese games.

Can you imagine rushing headlong into a Cactuar and losing all your souls? 😱
Actually Cactuars could easily one-shot you in FFX :messenger_grinning_smiling: (i don't remember if they were that powerful in other entries).

Last edited:
Top Bottom