• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new Generation is around the corner, so here is the top 10 best selling first party games in this Generation.

Bodomism

Banned
The craziest part about it is those Nintendo games would have all sold at full or close to full retail price. Uncharted 4 had a monster budget and has retailed for as low as $10.
Here are the operating profits for PS4 in the first 4 years vs Switch first 4 years(minus Q4 2020 CY)

Playstation division 2013-2016(PS4 era)
Operating profits = $0.49B

Nintendo 2017-2020(Switch era)
Operating profits = $8.7B

Bragr

Banned
Sony had 1 billion profit just in the Q2 with PS (Sony Group had 4 billion in total).
Not sure where that graphic comes from.
What was the profit of Nintendo in the last quarter?

Btw, Pokemon Sun/Moon sold 16M. Where did this 25M in top 4 came from: "Pokemon SuMo(3DS) - 25.09M - 2016" ? If the number is correct, it should be top 3.

Sales wise, amazing gen for both of them.

We don't have any PS top sales, but they shared some numbers (Summer 2019):
Uncharted - 16.25M
Spider-Man - 13.2M
TLOU Remaster - 12M (20M total)
God of War - 11M
Horizon Zero Dawn 10M

Some unconfirmed numbers:
Gran Turismo Sport - 8M
Infamous SS - 6M
Uncharted Collection - 5.7M
Ratchet - 5M

They still need to update TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima and others.
From what I could find, operating profits from April-June 2020:

Playstation 1.15 billion
Nintendo 1.4 Billion

Now, with all the PS4's out there and the success of Playstation now and Playstation Plus, it's rather insane that Nintendo is even remotely close in profits, let alone higher, it's an example of how absurdly well Nintendo is selling right now.

KingT731

Playstation 1.15 billion
Nintendo 1.4 Billion

Now, with all the PS4's out there and the success of Playstation now and Playstation Plus, it's rather insane that Nintendo is even remotely close in profits, let alone higher, it's an example of how absurdly well Nintendo is selling right now.
It's not when you consider that Sony spends significantly more on those things.

Bodomism

Banned

Playstation 1.15 billion
Nintendo 1.4 Billion

Graph illustration of Nintendo Switch profits insanity
1604573794336.png

Bragr

Banned
Marketing(including exclusivity deals) Along with game budgets and their services etc.
But, to play devil's advocate, do you know how much Playstation spends on these things compared to Nintendo?

And if Nintendo manages to reach these profits with only a fraction of the (hypothetical) expenses in the shape of marketing and services, is that not impressive too?

KingT731

But, to play devil's advocate, do you know how much Playstation spends on these things compared to Nintendo?

And if Nintendo manages to reach these profits with only a fraction of the (hypothetical) expenses in the shape of marketing and services, is that not impressive too?
You can read these companies financial statements they're published.

What it says is they don't spend nearly as much money. Especially on services as they are barebones or non-existent. And I also love my switch lol.

Top Bottom