• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new Brothers in Arms game is in development, confirms Gearbox CEO

geary

In an interview with Insomniac Games CEO Ted Price for the AIAS Game Maker's Notebook podcast, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford has confirmed the studio is working on a new Brothers in Arms game. The podcast was originally published in April but only recently uploaded to YouTube, where Alt/Char spotted the news.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/a-new-brothers-in-arms-game-is-in-development-confirms-gearbox-ceo/

The Brothers in Arms project comes up during a discussion of Gearbox's Aliens: Colonial Marines. Pitchford explains how both Fox and Sega were so eager to share news of the project that both parties announced the game before any contract had been signed. "The second you hear Gearbox and Aliens and Unreal Engine, everybody already decided the game in their head," Pitchford said.

Price notes how unusual that early announcement was and Pitchford agrees, pointing out that Gearbox waited until Borderlands 3 was late in development before announcement. "I didn't even announce Borderlands 3 until it was in beta," Pitchford said. "It sucks because I know there's a lot of people —we're working on another Brothers in Arms game—but I'm not saying shit until we have it. We have fans that really love that [series], but they're just going to have to suffer."

While the Brothers in Arms series has spawned a handful of smartphone games and offshoots, the last major instalment was 2008's Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, the third mainline title. It's been a long time between drinks for the squad-based FPS, in other words, but Pitchford said in 2015 that the studio still has plans for the series.

"I think the next Brothers in Arms game has to be authentic and we have been working on that," he told IGN at the time. "I feel we have unfinished business there with both the fiction and the history and I’d like to get into that. I spend a lot of time thinking about it."

In the meantime, something resembling a Brothers in Arms TV adaptation is currently in the works, though it has neither a network or release window at present.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Yeah haven't bought a gearbox game since Colonial Marines and guess what... I never will thats how much Bitchford pissed me off with outright lies and condescending response to it.

Despite Ioving Brothers in Arms its a flat no from me.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Really enjoyed The methodical gameplay of Hell’s Highway on 360. Hope for more with modern gfx and polish. I recall they tried turning it into a hero shooter afterwards, thank goodness that was canned and hope that direction is dead and buried.

June

bruh this game has been in the works for like a decade now. I mean I'm looking forward to it and all (sans the furious 4 trash) but goddamn

they should do a remaster/remake of the first three games in the meantime, that'd be dope

nani17

are in a big trouble
I asked Randy this on the twitter in 2017 and to my surprise he responded. Something along the lines of its in the works. So it's been in the works for a long time now

Last edited:

June

I asked Randy this on the twitter in 2017 and to my surprise he responded. Something along the lines of its in the works. So it's been in the works for a long time now

the brothers in arms furious four trailer released in 2011.............

but then they scraped that take on the game and started with a fresh version a year or two after

nani17

are in a big trouble
the brothers in arms furious four trailer released in 2011.............

but then they scraped that take on the game and started with a fresh version a year or two after
That trailer was just terrible

They were really trying to cash in on the Inglorious Basterds hype with that Furious 4 stuff weren't they.

Here's to hoping this is a more grounded and serious offering. Hell's Highway was great back in the day.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
This series will always be etched into my mind. Not because I have any fond memories of it but because Hell's Highway had the most legendary retarded achievement ever.... "be online on September 17th", means it can only be obtained once a year.

Remember I was in military basic training back then and had to remind my mother to go online... 🤦‍♂️

Top Bottom