• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A mystery Id Software game has been rated ‘Project 2021B’

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Titled ‘Project 2021B’, which is likely a codename for an unannounced title, the game was classified M (Mature) on June 28.

Among the consumer advice section of the classification, the ACB lists “online interactivity” as a feature of the game.

In January of this year, the ACB rated ‘Project 2021A’ from Id Software and Bethesda. Two months later, the game was confirmed to be Doom 3: VR Edition for PlayStation VR.

Bartski

Gold Member
Spongebob Bed GIF by MOODMAN

MiguelItUp

Yeah, I WANT to believe it's Quake related. Especially the emphasis on multiplayer. Well, and when folks mentioned DOOM Eternal's Next-gen version it was shot down because of the difference in rating...

So... this certainly seems like something else. I want to believe it's Quake related SO bad.

Quakecon isn't too far off, so we should know something then, surely.

MiguelItUp

plus a female protagonist
here we go again. make game not a social experience ffs
Well, it's been rumored, yeah. But if true, that wouldn't and shouldn't be an issue.

Lmao, what does a female protagonist have to do with a "social experience"? Jesus, lol.

Edit: Now that I think of it, if they approached a remake of Quake much like they did DOOM (2016) it could be pretty cool. Meaning, a reboot, but kind of a sequel as well? If a female protagonist ended up being Ranger's daughter, that could actually work. Because, we don't really know about Ranger's whereabouts after Quake. Didn't really get an update on the character until Quake Champions...

"Two decades ago, a lone Marine stepped through the Slipgate and into a nightmare. He cut through countless horrors to find four eldritch runes, then laid waste to the abomination known as Shub-Niggurath.

Trapped in these realms ever since, he has survived using the power of the Dire Orb seized from within the hot gore of the All-Mother.

Time and delirium have eroded his resolve and even his name, but a worn family photograph tucked away in his armor servers as a scrap of hope and sanity."

That family photograph contained an image of him, his wife, and his daughter. It'd be kind of cool if his daughter went into the Slipgate in an attempt to find him. Especially since the photograph is 30 years old, so, it's clearly been awhile.

Last edited:

cucuchu

If they bring back Quake, I wonder if they would go with the original Quake ( dark H.P. Lovecraft setting) or Quake 2's more sci-fi cybernetic Borgg enemy setting. Heavy, dark thumping electronic music from Reznor (quake 1) or sick metal riffs of Quake 2 (Sonic Mayhem)...

I'm cool with either but I think OG quake has the most potential for some cool, twisted Cthulu shit that current I.D. Software could pull off (imo). Quake 2 setting would probably be a bit too similar to the Rage setting.

Last edited:

TrueLegend

Women can't exist?

There are plenty of woman in gaming that are bad asses. If Quake can handle a female lead, so be it. So long as it plays well, I'm in.

Well, it's been rumored, yeah. But if true, that wouldn't and shouldn't be an issue.

Lmao, what does a female protagonist have to do with a "social experience"? Jesus, lol.

Edit: Now that I think of it, if they approached a remake of Quake much like they did DOOM (2016) it could be pretty cool. Meaning, a reboot, but kind of a sequel as well? If a female protagonist ended up being Ranger's daughter, that could actually work. Because, we don't really know about Ranger's whereabouts after Quake. Didn't really get an update on the character until Quake Champions...

"Two decades ago, a lone Marine stepped through the Slipgate and into a nightmare. He cut through countless horrors to find four eldritch runes, then laid waste to the abomination known as Shub-Niggurath.

Trapped in these realms ever since, he has survived using the power of the Dire Orb seized from within the hot gore of the All-Mother.

Time and delirium have eroded his resolve and even his name, but a worn family photograph tucked away in his armor servers as a scrap of hope and sanity."

That family photograph contained an image of him, his wife, and his daughter. It'd be kind of cool if his daughter went into the Slipgate in an attempt to find him. Especially since the photograph is 30 years old, so, it's clearly been awhile.
What idiotic responses. When did i said women cant exist and such. What i said was Why the hell the protogonist being female should be a highlight and a talking point. Its not gender the personalities value and potrayal of a protogonist that matter. Just call it protogonist and dont mention it a talking point. What sort of highlight does having a protogonist should get, talk about game mechanics and risks you are taking on those fronts not about how socially trendy your game is.

What idiotic responses. When did i said women cant exist and such. What i said was Why the hell the protogonist being female should be a highlight and a talking point. Its not gender the personalities value and potrayal of a protogonist that matter. Just call it protogonist and dont mention it a talking point. What sort of highlight does having a protogonist should get, talk about game mechanics and risks you are taking on those fronts not about how socially trendy your game is.
Oh, because it's the only rumor available at the moment and it's a detail that was not known until now. Kind of like if they said "The quake guy will be back in it"

Quake II did not have the Quake guy.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Chill. The multiple "idiotic" responses were birthed from a very flat and forward sounding post. Can't really blame anyone for it reading the way they did. 🤷‍♂️

It never was a talking point until people decided to make it one and decided to get up in arms about it. When Huge originally mentioned it, it was because his daughter mentioned how cool it would be for the Doom Slayer to have a girlfriend, or have a Doom Slayer girl. Which made Hugo stop and go, "Hmm...", which is where it all originated from. But as you'd imagine, that was blown out of proportion. There was a thread here around that time where people thought the Doom Slayer would suddenly be a female, and that was never the case. But yeah, a lot of people got up in arms about it. So, I think the rumor just reared its head again, but this time with Quake.

Quake hasn't even been talked about at all by id, let alone confirmed. Everything that people have been running with are rumors, and with the way rumors have been the past few months it's probably all BS anyway.

Last edited:

Dolomite

Lmfao chief you literally said none of this.
Zero, nada, 何も

cireza

Banned
I went to the Australian Classification website, and think I have undiscovered the truth about this game...

XBzEbaO.png

Last edited:

TrueLegend

Lmfao chief you literally said none of this.
Zero, nada, 何も
Chill. The multiple "idiotic" responses were birthed from a very flat and forward sounding post. Can't really blame anyone for it reading the way they did. 🤷‍♂️

It never was a talking point until people decided to make it one and decided to get up in arms about it. When Huge originally mentioned it, it was because his daughter mentioned how cool it would be for the Doom Slayer to have a girlfriend, or have a Doom Slayer girl. Which made Hugo stop and go, "Hmm...", which is where it all originated from. But as you'd imagine, that was blown out of proportion. There was a thread here around that time where people thought the Doom Slayer would suddenly be a female, and that was never the case. But yeah, a lot of people got up in arms about it. So, I think the rumor just reared its head again, but this time with Quake.

Quake hasn't even been talked about at all by id, let alone confirmed. Everything that people have been running with are rumors, and with the way rumors have been the past few months it's probably all BS anyway.
So not writing all that suddenly meant something else entirely, you guys fancy yourself magic interpreter or something, or a professor of literature that you deciphered something unique. Do you guys read English differently than the rest of the world? All you idiots typing this and that over a line. Who is the real triggered one here. You guys are the ones who need to chill.

Dane

Commander Keen? The only T rated game outside that was Quake for Sega Saturn. Unless it's Enemy Territory Quake Wars from Splash Damage.

EDIT: Could be Enemy Territory Quake Wars, the only M rated game on the Australian Classification Board

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

So not writing all that suddenly meant something else entirely, you guys fancy yourself magic interpreter or something, or a professor of literature that you deciphered something unique. Do you guys read English differently than the rest of the world? All you idiots typing this and that over a line. Who is the real triggered one here. You guys are the ones who need to chill.
Well, it wasn't really "full" per se. Nah, not at all, multiple people read it, and that's how it read. That's how text works. So, again, that says something. To be frank, if I magically misinterpreted text in general I wouldn't be posting on a forum, or I surely wouldn't last long, lmao.

Again, not a big deal. My initial reaction was just like, "wat?", lmao. I'm by no means triggered or need to chill. I've been chill. You replied to a comment that's days old. Let it go dude, not a big deal, lol. I'm one of the few people here that don't get triggered, salty, negative, toxic, etc. No need to try and label me as something I'm not and never been. 🤷‍♂️

Back on topic...

Has anyone read or seen any updates revolving around this? Aside from this I don't think there has been any other motion.

Last edited:

TrueLegend

Well, it wasn't really "full" per se. Nah, not at all, multiple people read it, and that's how it read. That's how text works. So, again, that says something. To be frank, if I magically misinterpreted text in general I wouldn't be posting on a forum, or I surely wouldn't last long, lmao.

Again, not a big deal. My initial reaction was just like, "wat?", lmao. I'm by no means triggered or need to chill. I've been chill. You replied to a comment that's days old. Let it go dude, not a big deal, lol. I'm one of the few people here that don't get triggered, salty, negative, toxic, etc. No need to try and label me as something I'm not and never been. 🤷‍♂️

Back on topic...

Has anyone read or seen any updates revolving around this? Aside from this I don't think there has been any other motion.
I replied to a comment today, I just lumped you together because your opinions on what I wrote are similar. I had already let it go. Never seen this level of idiocy, according to you what I literally typed is not how it is, but is how you read it because you are more of a valid authority on what I write than I myself. What nonsense.

MiguelItUp

I replied to a comment today, I just lumped you together because your opinions on what I wrote are similar. I had already let it go. Never seen this level of idiocy, according to you what I literally typed is not how it is, but is how you read it because you are more of a valid authority on what I write than I myself. What nonsense.
Right, okay. Hope you feel better dude.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Singleplayer like Quake 1, multiplayer like Quake 3

ah yeah if it doesn't have rocket jumping they can cancel it right away:

RocketJumpGif.gif

...and ask Trent Reznor to do the music.

Dolomite

If You Say So Shrug GIF

You're doing great chief

Top Bottom