• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A moment of silence for all the Retail workers of the world.

JordanN

Banned
With all the bad stuff going down in the world, I just want to pay my respects to the very people who have no choice in the matter.

Recall there are people who cannot take any days off and must be forced to be around huge crowds of people for 7 hours a day. Putting themselves at risk of the virus, or worse, violence.

ZIqWfzC.jpg

ONASFHd.gif

Your sacrifices will not be forgotten.

lock2k

Banned
I'm more concerned about retail collapsing due to a lack of people going out to buy stuff.

I had a store for almost four years and I would be shitting my pants right now if I still had it.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
god bless all the Consumer Enablers.

you make it possible for us to exploit third world slave labor and ethnic genocide, so that we may enjoy a nice movie on our phones or flat screen tvs.

indeed, you truly are the greatest gift of all. without you to pass Product from the Store who purchased stock to Me Consuming, i might have to, i don't know, MAKE SOMETHING MYSELF.

thank god that is no longer a threatening proposition. so long as you hold to your mighty station.

TRULY you are THE GREATEST AMERICANS THAT EVER LIVED.

ok boomers?

no.

ok YOU.

YOU did this.

(well, you didn't help design it, make it, transport it from location to location, or do anything other than take away my money in exchange for it, personally profiting directly from the aforementioned CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY...)

but God Fucking Bless you.

Last edited:

Tranquil

Do retail workers not work 8 hour days? Would make sense, that way the employer wouldn't have to dish any benefits. I remember Target doing this when I worked there, but I thought it was localized to that branch.

JordanN

Banned
Do retail workers not work 8 hour days? Would make sense, that way the employer wouldn't have to dish any benefits. I remember Target doing this when I worked there, but I thought it was localized to that branch.
Well technically, they're still suppose to have breaks. 30 minute lunch + two 15 minute breaks = 1 hour.

Last edited:
Thanks!
It's been horrifying seeing how many severely unhygienic and careless people there are spreading their germs amongst densely packed crowds of people. I've forced a bunch to wash their hands with sanitizers before I deal with them and gave them a bollocking for being reckless in such times. It's incredibly difficult to maintain your temperament when someone coughs in your direction and you feel all the air waft across your face, sometimes you're lucky enough to get a bit of spit land on your cheek. I've also had banned anybody that's been abusive or arsey to any staff or other customers.

I'd say the average work shift is 8-10 hours and 10-12 hours depending on your contracted hours for the week. I'm personally in the 10-12 hour range.

Well technically, they're still suppose to have breaks. 30 minute lunch + two 15 minute breaks = 1 hour.

That sounds like luxury. It doesn't matter if I do the occasional half day or full 12 hour shift, it's a single 30 minute break.

Last edited:

Tranquil

But that's on top of an 8 hour day? I dunno, maybe I'm out of it, but my work let's you take a 1 hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks but you also have to work a total of 8 hours.

DiscoJer

But that's on top of an 8 hour day? I dunno, maybe I'm out of it, but my work let's you take a 1 hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks but you also have to work a total of 8 hours.

At Walmart (where I work), it's 8 hours plus an hour unpaid lunch. However, you get two 15 minute breaks on the clock

H4ze

I am working right fucking now... we still sell shit despite it being illegal in my Country right now but who cares.. my bosses are greedy fucks.

Top Bottom