• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Look At Ubisoft's Controversial Villain (Far Cry 4's Pagan Min)

sub_o

Some people assumed he was a flamboyant white gay stereotype villian when people saw the box art reveal. Says more about them than Ubi and Pagan though.

Uh, so now people are stereotyping gender preference based on appearances? What's the difference between that and stereotyping behaviour based on skin colour then?

dream

Uh, so now people are stereotyping gender preference based on appearances? What's the difference between that and stereotyping behaviour based on skin colour then?

Some of the most PC people are also some of the most hypocritical. Who knew?

I thought the controversy was because he looked a lot like Julian Assange in the first pics we saw of him, that they were going to make this character some kind of pro-information villain.
Julian Assange? I see more a kpop star look, with the eyeliner and shaved side look.

250px-Pagan.png

Kakihara is the flamboyant villain, not Ichi.

I'm guessing it was an error on the Game Informer/PR's behalf. I can see Pagan Min being an older Kakihara:

kL153yF.png

To be honest I find that reference to be really interesting given I could see the player character playing a similar role as Ichi in that he's reluctant to kill but is ultimately a far better murderer.

The story of Pagan, Mohan, the woman between them, and Ajay sounds like an insane soap opera.

Wow. I hope to God they nail this, cause this has the potential to be a bigger mess than Far Cry 3 in the narrative.

Because Ubisoft can't write characters to save their lives and it would be in character of them to make Min an aggressive, closeted gay man. Ubisoft is very regularly tone-deaf. Far Cry 3 certainly is.
Is the writer for this still the same as Far Cry 3's? Because, man, Jeffrey Yohalem's interview made me apprehensive towards his works. Still can't bring myself to play Child of Light because of that.

Squire

Banned
Is the writer for this still the same as Far Cry 3's? Because, man, Jeffrey Yohalem's interview made me apprehensive towards his works. Still can't bring myself to play Child of Light because of that.

They haven't said who it is. Ubisoft usually rotates writers across franchises the same as any other staff. If Child of Light was Yohalem's thing, I assume Far Cry 4 is by someone else.

Top Bottom