• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Judgment Sequel is in Development

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Tojo Dojo can reveal that we have spoken to a source who has told us that a sequel to the 2018 hit Judgment is in development. We wish to stress that this is a rumour but after doing research into it we feel safe saying that we believe this to be genuine. We asked our source for proof to verify what they’re saying and was given information that backed up what they told us.

After posting about the trademark for something called Lost Judgment yesterday and stating that we didn’t believe it was Judgment related our source told us we was wrong to assume that. Apparently ‘Lost Judgment’ has been a working title for the sequel along with ‘Judgment: Seize The Truth’. Sega of Japan taking out a trademark for ‘Lost Judgment’ might make it seem like this is the final name they went with but companies often trademark multiple names and choose which one to use at a later date.

Another detail revealed to us is that the game will still feature Yagami and his trusty sidekick Kaito. The Yakuza series hasn’t been great about having characters return especially when their likeness is based on someone famous like Yagami who was played by Takuya Kimura. It’s nice to know that we will be continuing our sleuthing adventures in Kamurocho with some familiar faces. We’ve also heard about others who will return from the original game.

The game will also apparently feel much darker. The Yakuza series is normally known for its slapstick humour sprinkled throughout and although Judgment had it in places, it was a much more serious story. What we’ve had described to us makes it sound like Yagami didn’t battle all of his demons in the first Judgment.

GrayFoxPL

Much darker feels good.

Hope they'll remove the side stories or at least make them feel different.

3 styles, more moves would be welcome too.

Good offshot already.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Hell Yeah Reaction GIF

xrnzaaas

I hope they don't touch combat, they already ruined Yakuza, that's enough.
It's possible that they'll switch things around and go back to realtime combat in mainlike Yakuza's and experiment further with turn-based combat in the spin-offs. But we'll see. I liked the combat system in Y7, but I still prefer realtime fights.

Last edited:
It's possible that they'll switch things around and go back to realtime combat in mainlike Yakuza's and experiment further with turn-based combat in the spin-offs. But we'll see. I liked the combat system in Y7, but I still prefer realtime fights.
honestly? They're both terrible combat systems and the games are amazing anyway

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Outrun 2, Last Bronx, Ollie King, Wave Runner, Golden Axe Roda and Sega Race TV on Club Sega, por favor !

Reactions: RNG

nikolino840

Since they have explained the turn based thing with a lore i think is hard to put the turns in an another game

SkylineRKR

Best Yakuza game.

Turn based was fine for one game but I'd like them to go back to real time. Just make it a bit more fluent. Judgment does control faster than Yakuza, they did some good improvements. But its still clunky at times.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Judgment 2. Day 1. Less trailing missions, more detective work and multiple courtroom cases and it will be perfection.

bender

What time is it?
I hope the lean more into the detective and court room aspects. Judgement is great and all but I wish it had deviated from the Yakzua formula.

Top Bottom