• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A huge purchase is imminent within 1 month from now

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Who's complaining? Im laughing at the pettiness of you guys crying lol.

Ooohh watch out guys, we're "calling out" 40 year old warriors who at least actually get paid to shill and post the same type of bullshit you do here for free.

Then with that same criticism you guys turn around and post that joe miller twitter too 🤣🤣. Its why I just laugh at you guys and could never take you seriously.

You are.

This thread got pretty interesting didn't it?

More twitter obsessed ps fanboys than actual Xbox fanboys in here. I think more ps fanboys follow colt, timdog, and warren than anyone else lol. What a shit show.

Ooohh watch out guys, we're "calling out" 40 year old warriors who at least actually get paid to shill and post the same type of bullshit you do here for free.
You're the one having an issue with it. I know they're your boys, but you shouldn't get offended.

Then with that same criticism you guys turn around and post that joe miller twitter too 🤣🤣. Its why I just laugh at you guys and could never take you seriously.

We're talking about people who pretend to be insiders. If you try posting rumors from Tidux and Foxy Games UK (so called Playstation "insiders"), then you're going to get laughed at.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
They don't need to buy a developer or publisher to get things on Gamepass.... the only thing it does is take games offf PlayStation which I guess excites some Xbox guys. Maybe many....

Remember like 2 days ago when you were saying Sony should buy Square Enix and FROMsoft parent company? You're still getting those games on playstation, but you want nobody else to get them. I guess that excites you.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Remember like 2 days ago when you were saying Sony should buy Square Enix and FROMsoft parent company? You're still getting those games on playstation, but you want nobody else to get them. I guess that excites you.
I think Sony could manage Square better than Square and probably anybody could manage EA better than EA, maybe give the reigns of EA to a headless chicken and it would be better ... kinda like this :
200.webp

But buying a studio to prevent it's games coming to other platforms is indeed shitty.

Edit: with that nickname please tell me you are from the bronx ....

Last edited:

Concern

You are.

You're the one having an issue with it. I know they're your boys, but you shouldn't get offended.

We're talking about people who pretend to be insiders. If you try posting rumors from Tidux and Foxy Games UK (so called Playstation "insiders"), then you're going to get laughed at.

My "boys" but im not the one who follows them lol. Keep trying tho, maybe one day you'll actually make sense.

Well some of of the Xbox fans I know are excited about upcoing games but they want to see gameplay, which I think is a reasonable thing to expect, and in that list only Halo and Forza have show gameplay.And the Halo one has had a lukewarm reception to be gentle, Forza looked amazing though their studio seems to be the most constant amongst all Xbox studios.

The same is true for me, but there's nothing wrong with being super excited about the games based on the pedigree of the studios in question. The only unknown quantity is The Initiative with Perfect Dark. Can they pull off what they're trying to with that game and make a legit amazing perfect dark reboot, a badass spy game? We will just have to see.

I have zero concerns about Obsidian. I have the utmost confidence with them on everything they do. Even Grounded is really well made.

Playground as talented as they are must prove to me they can make an amazing Fable, but I'm excited about that, very much so.

I have zero concerns about InXile and their FPS RPG title Project Cobalt.

343 has proven solid time and time again for me. Have they made mistakes? Yes, but it's never been an inability to make a top tier game. They've always done that. It's just some of the decisions they've made have been divisive or dividing, particularly when it comes to multiplayer (an area of Halo I literally NEVER play) They didn't nail the campaign story at all for Halo 5, even though I totally still enjoyed it. I just expected more from it. It ended right at the very moment when I thought things were really beginning to heat up. I still really liked Fireteam Osiris, however. I'm a big fan of Locke's character, and would like to see him more in the future. The gameplay was awesome to me, and I like some of the things they tried from a level design perspective. Seeing that on a smaller scale further convinces me how amazing Halo Infinite's campaign can be. Because if it worked so damn well on a small scale with Halo 5's best levels, then I have zero concerns about Halo Infinite's apparently more open spaces. Also, squad commands was a great idea in my eyes, focusing fire on enemies, grabbing certain weapons, calling the team back, sending them forward before you. Sucks to think it might be gone in this one, but all in all very excited to see where they take Infinite. The initial showing was rough, but the game looked like it played incredibly well.

343 has YET to make a terrible or bad game, which is why I don't subscribe to the negativity around them.

Bethesda Game Studios, I have the fullest confidence in them with Starfield and eventually Elder Scrolls 6. I have the utmost confidence in MachineGames making Indiana Jones. Same for Arkane Austin with Redfall. I have total confidence in Ninja Theory with Hellblade 2.

Bryank75

Banned
It’s not about not releasing on PS, it’s about knowing the acquired devs games will just sit there with an Install button when you power on the Xbox and PC going forward. Regular Gamepass releases come and go, like The Ascent, it’ll be out eventually. But 1st party games stay forever. For me that’s the advantage that create this hype.

Is it worth taking the games away from 130 million potential customers?

Zathalus

The only insiders I would believe for the MS side of things is Jez Corden, Tom Warren, and Jeff Grubb. The rest are almost never right.

These obvious fanboy accounts (for both Xbox and Playstation) are so fucking cringe.

Last edited:

Zathalus

Is it worth taking the games away from 130 million potential customers?
Those 130 million customers are free to purchase a PC, Xbox, or stream via Xcloud.

A Series S is only $299, you can buy that, keep buying all of your multiplats and exclusives on PS5 and only subscribe to Gamepass when there is a exclusive game that you feel like playing.

Having a Xbox as a secondary system or to use it exclusively for Gamepass is not going to kill those that prefer PS5. You can still be a hardcore fan of the Playstation ecosystem and own more then one console. Sony and its partners are always going to ensure you have a good stream of exclusive games coming for the system.

Did you not game much back during the PS360 days? Having both consoles was almost a requirement to enjoy the exclusive games on both systems (until Xbox got sidetracked by Kinect). Only having a Playstation 3 or a 360 was basically shooting yourself in the foot, as either way you missed out on some awesome games.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
They can still play the games on pc, smartphones, tablets and so on.

130 million people want to play on PlayStation.... that is why they bought them. They don't want to be forced to play on a damned tablet or PC.
Those 130 million customers are free to purchase a PC, Xbox, or stream via Xcloud.

A Series S is only $299, you can buy that, keep buying all of your multiplats and exclusives on PS5 and only subscribe to Gamepass when there is a exclusive game that you feel like playing.

Having a Xbox as a secondary system or to use it exclusively for Gamepass is not going to kill those that prefer PS5. You can still be a hardcore fan of the Playstation ecosystem and own more then one console. Sony and its partners are always going to ensure you have a good stream of exclusive games coming for the system.

Did you not game much back during the PS360 days? Having both consoles was almost a requirement to enjoy the exclusive games on both systems (until Xbox got sidetracked by Kinect). Only having a Playstation 3 or a 360 was basically shooting yourself in the foot, as either way you missed out on some awesome games.

Most of these people will never buy an xbox.... you're just taking games away from them and limiting sales.

You guys really hate playstation don't you?
So much that you want to actively limit the enjoyment of people that play there....

130 million is a lot of people to hate.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
130 million people want to play on PlayStation.... that is why they bought them. They don't want to be forced to play on a damned tablet or PC.

Most of these people will never buy an xbox.... you're just taking games away from them and limiting sales.

So much that you want to actively limit the enjoyment of people that play there....

Imagine playing the victim now. Getting repeated positive feedback for your takes from your circlejerk for the last three years you were in GAF does not validate your entitlement outside of your own bubble.

Bryank75

Banned
To be brutally honest I don’t think much about that. I used to be PS only many many years ago but I have accepted that I have to have all platforms to be able to play all games. At this point I try to see the positives that comes from that instead, less platforms for the dev to focus on should mean more time to perfect the game on the platforms it’s releasing on.
I think Sony made a mastermind move to buy Nixxes to port their 1st party games to PC, it should mean the original dev can keep on focus on just PS while PC gamers also get to play the games. More sales, same quality. 👌

No, I totally disagree.... it was an insulting move to PS users. PC should not be part of the PS strategy and that time and energy could have gone into buying a game making studio and managing it....

Instead the attention and money is going towards PC.

PlayStation is very unfocused now...with mobile, PC, cloud and all this peripheral bullshit that is inconsequential.

If PC is so important, where is the big publisher acquisition to support all this sprawling plan? Where is the supposed money going from these PC and mobile games?? Nixxes, Housemarque and Firesprite were very cheap.

I don't see any benefit at all.... and I also find it a bit hypocritical that you promote games being taken off PlayStation in one post and then applaud them porting games to PC in another....

Genx3

No, I totally disagree.... it was an insulting move to PS users. PC should not be part of the PS strategy and that time and energy could have gone into buying a game making studio and managing it....

Instead the attention and money is going towards PC.

PlayStation is very unfocused now...with mobile, PC, cloud and all this peripheral bullshit that is inconsequential.

If PC is so important, where is the big publisher acquisition to support all this sprawling plan? Where is the supposed money going from these PC and mobile games?? Nixxes, Housemarque and Firesprite were very cheap.

I don't see any benefit at all.... and I also find it a bit hypocritical that you promote games being taken off PlayStation in one post and then applaud them porting games to PC in another....

What you consider inconsequential is actually money SCE can use to fund more Play Station exclusives.
The game is already developed for PS consoles all those games require are cheaper ports.
Makes financial sense for SCE.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Talk about circlejerks....

This you?

Your hate for PlayStation goes deep doesn't it... did Sony run over your cat or what? Have you been to therapy?
My point stands. You guys had to make this fake screenshot to get me banned and wave it even after I proved it false. Somehow 60 screenshots I posted before the Gavin Stevens drama are false. But a screenshot posted by THEAP99 THEAP99 as a last ditch effort after I debunked his first attempt is true.
If anyone is curious, the first screenshots were from r/xboxseriesx discord, public xbox server that they tried to pass off as their favorite secret xbox server. That should tell you the level of dishonesty these guys have. I was in that "secret xbox discord server" from January 1 to 10 2020, had a fight and left. Back then anyone could join by sending a email. Sometime in March they purged everyone they didn't know. My profile pic from those 60 screenshots is the one I used in GAF and everywhere else before March 2020. The fake screenshot instead had my new GAF profile pic from after March. I also didn't have the purple color in my name that some mods had.
He's going to claim that it's not him.

But they're both huge Xbox fanboys who use the same name and avatar...... Not buying it lol
Maybe you should first prove why that screenshot you guys use all the time is true? Anyone can use any name and profile pic in discord. Also you know I didn't have the "same avatar" as your screenshot in that server, but honesty is not your strong forte. Here is something I made for you(not taking any requests).
unknown.png

Last edited:

Zathalus

If those 130 million players don't want to buy a Xbox then that is on them. But I think you will find that a large number of those players are not devoted to a single console, but go where the games are.

Also, I happen to be one of those 130 million players, but look I got myself a Xbox.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Maybe you should first prove why that screenshot you guys use all the time is true? Anyone can use any name and profile pic in discord. Here is something I made for you two(I am not taking any more requests).
People in here have my discord name and how often I use the chat. I don't even use an avatar.

I'm also aware of your debunking attempts. When the screenshots of a Discord chat were posted, they suddenly all showed up in a PS5/XSX tech thread to damage control what was going on. A group of people just don't swiftly jump into a thread unless they were conversing with each other on a different platform or monitoring the thread somewhere else. And no, I don't use that screenshot. I called you post before when you were posting tweets from that fake developer.

Loope

Some of you are really detached or something.

Xbox has exclusives but you can play them on other devices other than the Sony consoles and Nintendo.

Sony has exclusives, fuck you buy a PS5 or PS4.

How in the hell is MS worst? Explain to me, as a pc gamer only, how MS is worse than Sony. Actually now is a good time to remind every Sony fan, that they have a powerful pc to play ALL the games launched by MS, at least that is my perception when i read a thread about a MS exclusive. I meant "exclusive", sorry about that.

dotnotbot

Xbox has exclusives but you can play them on other devices other than the Sony consoles and Nintendo.

What other devices? If you don't have capable PC your only option is streaming. And streaming fucking lags & sucks, compression artifacts look like garbage on a big TV.

Wulfer

Look it's really easy PlayStation wanted a walled in system! MS said ok I'm fine with that and took all the "MS had no games comments even to the point of joking about it." MS in the mean time said we'll build our wall around PlayStation and include everything but, PlayStation. MS's wall just took longer to build. See instead of extending PS's wall Sony kept buying exclusive contacts to push MS out of the game (like it had it the past gen's). MS secretly and openly kept building it's infrastructure, UI, redesigned XBL and added PC as a single userbase. Refined it's hardware/controllers and created Gamepass. See when Gamepass was revealed MS was done with it's changes to it's setup. Cloud gaming was almost ready and MS was ready to go on the offense. MS even told you this gen would be it's comeback not the Xbox One''s (gen). Bethesda was pushed forward to stop Sony's approach to exclusive contracts to start the end of this continued cycle. That purchase did two things to the gaming industry 1) it announced MS was back 2) MS wouldn't be denied in the gaming industry any longer. See all during that time Sony didn't learn while it sat proudly at #1. What they didn't learn is you never sit proudly while at #1 Kaz (father of Playstation) even told you that!

Last edited:

dotnotbot

Look it's really easy PlayStation wanted a walled in system! MS said ok I'm fine with that and took all the "MS had no games comments even to the point of joking about it." MS in the mean time said we'll build our wall around PlayStation and include everything but, PlayStation. MS's wall just took longer to build. See instead of extending PS's wall Sony kept buying exclusive contacts to push MS out of the game (like it had it the past gen's). MS secretly and openly kept building it's infrastructure, UI, redesigned XBL and added PC as a single userbase. Refined it's hardware/controllers and created Gamepass. See when Gamepass was revealed MS was done with it's changes to it's setup. Cloud gaming was almost ready and MS was ready to go on the offense. MS even told you this gen would be it's comeback not the Xbox One''s (gen). Bethesda was pushed forward to stop Sony's approach to exclusive contracts to start the end of this continued cycle. That purchase did two things to the gaming industry 1) it announced MS was back 2) MS wouldn't be denied in the gaming industry any longer. See all during that time Sony didn't learn while it sat proudly at #1. What they didn't learn is you never sit proudly while at #1 Kaz (father of Playstation) even told you that!

So you're saying that Microsoft is our lord and saviour? They're just gonna buy everyone to stop evil Sony from getting timed exclusives. Damn, they're so nice!

Last edited:

yurinka

-All consoles are and had been walled gardens
-Both MS and Sony had 2nd and 3rd party exclusives since their first generation
-XCloud is MS's version of PS Now, which was released before, performs better and has a bigger catalog
-At least until now Gamepass doesn't have more subscribers or generate more money than Sony's subscriptions.
-Zenimax game sales on PlayStation are less than 3% than the total PS4 game sales
-Sony continues releasing more exclusives than MS every year and Jimbo said they plan to have more exclusives for PS5 than they ever had in their previous consoles
-Half of the years of the last decade had a PS exclusive as the game that won more GOTY awards that year vs 0 MS exclusives. 10 PS exclusive games more were between the top 5/top 6 games of that year with more GOTYs
-PS exclusives not only win more GOTY awards than with Kaz, they also sell more than ever
-MS continues being the distant 3rd on generating money, selling consoles and selling games
-Sony continues being the console platform holder that generates more money, has the fastest selling console ever (breaking the gaming history record of their previous console), continues being the console platform holder that makes more money with game subscriptions and the one that sells more games for their consoles
-PlayStation makes more revenue, sell more consoles, sell more games, their exclusives get better MC, win more GOTY awards and sell more and gets more money from subs with Jimbo than with Kaz
-Plus Kaz released 2 Knack games and Jimbo restructured Japan Studio to make sure they don't make more Knacks and focus instead on developing games like Astro and publishing 2nd party games like Death Stranding or Bloodborne.

How in the hell is MS worst? Explain to me, as a pc gamer only, how MS is worse than Sony. Actually now is a good time to remind every Sony fan, that they have a powerful pc to play ALL the games launched by MS, at least that is my perception when i read a thread about a MS exclusive. I meant "exclusive", sorry about that.
PS has more exclusives, that get higher reviews/MC, better sales and earn more GOTY awards than the Xbox ones.

Even if it doesn't feature day one the 1st party published games, in console and PC performs better than xcloud, it has a way bigger catalog and is coming soon to smartphones and tablets (in the past it was limited to Vita and a few Sony phones), so soonish you'll be able to play it anywhere too.

Last edited:
-XCloud is MS's version of PS Now, which was released before, performs better and has a bigger catalog
-At least until now Gamepass doesn't have more subscribers or generate more money than Sony's subscriptions.
Zenimax game sales on PlayStation are less than 3% than the total PS4 game sales
-Sony continues releasing more exclusives than MS every year and Jimbo said they plan to have more exclusives for PS5 than they ever had in their previous consoles
-Half of the years of the last decade had a PS exclusive as the game that won more GOTY awards that year vs 0 MS exclusives. 10 PS exclusive games more were between the top 5/top 6 games of that year with more GOTYs
-PS exclusives not only win more GOTY awards than with Kaz, they also sell more than ever
-MS continues being the distant 3rd on generating money, selling consoles and selling games
-Sony continues being the console platform holder that generates more money, has the fastest selling console ever (breaking the gaming history record of their previous console), continues being the console platform holder that makes more money with game subscriptions and the one that sells more games for their consoles
-PlayStation makes more revenue, sell more consoles, sell more games, their exclusives get better MC, win more GOTY awards and sell more and gets more money from subs with Jimbo than with Kaz
-Plus Kaz released 2 Knack games and Jimbo restructured Japan Studio to make sure they don't make more Knacks and focus instead on developing games like Astro and publishing 2nd party games like Death Stranding or Bloodborne.

PS has more exclusives, that get higher reviews/MC, better sales and earn more GOTY awards than the Xbox ones.

Even if it doesn't feature day one the 1st party published games, in console and PC performs better than xcloud, it has a way bigger catalog and is coming soon to smartphones and tablets (in the past it was limited to Vita and a few Sony phones), so soonish you'll be able to play it anywhere too.
Yes, all consoles ARE walled gardens. PlayStation is a console. Xbox is an ecosystem, the console is not necessary. There is a massive difference in their approaches here. I am an Xbox gamer. I don't own an Xbox console. I play Xbox games and use gamepass on my PC and I stream gamepass strategy games on my phone. I can play every Xbox Series game that my Xbox console owning friends can play and I can even cross play the newer ones with them.

If I wanted the same from Sony, I'm forced to buy a PlayStation console. I'm not saying one is better than the other but for me, I like the way Xbox does it. PlayStation and Xbox arent playing the same game.

yurinka

Yes, all consoles ARE walled gardens. PlayStation is a console. Xbox is an ecosystem, the console is not necessary. There is a massive difference in their approaches here. I am an Xbox gamer. I don't own an Xbox console. I play Xbox games and use gamepass on my PC and I stream gamepass strategy games on my phone. I can play every Xbox Series game that my Xbox console owning friends can play and I can even cross play the newer ones with them.

If I wanted the same from Sony, I'm forced to buy a PlayStation console. I'm not saying one is better than the other but for me, I like the way Xbox does it. PlayStation and Xbox arent playing the same game.
Yes, Sony won't release all their exclusives on PC, and the ones they port to PC won't be ported day one, and they won't include them on a subscription service. They prefer to keep a profitable and sustainable strategy instead focused on selling games for their consoles, and to keep PC and their subscription for old catalog games that already completed their sales cycle.

Crossplay also works on PS, it has been there for many years specially with PC.

You can also Remote Play Sony's games on mobile or in a PC. They invented it and have been doing it way before MS copied it. If you want to stream any PC game (not only Sony ones) or app to a mobile, there are different apps that do that.

Last edited:

Wulfer

So you're saying that Microsoft is our lord and saviour? They're just gonna buy everyone to stop evil Sony from getting timed exclusives. Damn, they're so nice!
No, I'm saying Sony dropped the ball. They could have done everything MS has done minus the cloud direction. However, Sony didn't see the need for any of that so, now they're paying the price!

Last edited:

Wulfer

Zenimax game sales on PlayStation are less than 3% than the total PS4 game sales

Then according to that list, Sony has no worries and you shouldn't be worried about Bethesda games. Correct?

Last edited:

Wulfer

So you're saying that Microsoft is our lord and saviour? They're just gonna buy everyone to stop evil Sony from getting timed exclusives. Damn, they're so nic
No I'm saying MS will do what it takes to swing the pendulum back to a even playing field and their off to a great start. Sony broke the even line with the PS4 and MS helped them do it.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
So im going to try and list off most major publishers or studios and just where their at, all from the top of my head. Im sure theres alot im missing. I may have missed a few so let me know. All of this is my opinion.

Activison/ Blizzard: No one will buy them. Too expensive, too big, and has alot of bad press lately

Bungie: There were rumors that MS was looking into them. Bungie CEO said twice they have no interest of being bought. Destiny is their only major IP. Netease also invested 100 million into them.

Capcom: Japanese Publisher with alot of IP. Only 10 percent of sales come from xbox as a platform. Monster hunter and resident evil has made them alot of money recently. Has good relations with both sony and nintendo, where most of their business comes from.

EA: Humongous, expensive, mildy healthy thanks to fifa. Alot of licensed games and already has a deal with gamespass ultimate. A buyout would be a long, expensive process. Does have alot of IP though.

Sega: A smaller Japanese publisher best know for yakuza and persona games. Recently yakuzas creator and director left and atlus has shown zero interest in even porting games to xbox, up until this point,

Square Enix: Japanese publisher with really close ties to sony and to a lesser extent nintendo. Used to have Okay relations with xbox during the 360 heydays but after the rise of tomb raider timed exclsuive fiasco hasnt had much of anything to do with xbox. Has alot of exclsuive games and marketing deals with playstation at the moment. Also has business in anime, cell phone games, and has the most successful MMO in the world right now.

Take 2: Another huge publisher with healthy financials thanks to GTA 5. Has a few Big IP that all sell really, really well when they release a new one. CEO recently made a diss at gamepass saying he doesnt think the kind of games they make fit the gamepass model. Worth noting that almost all take 2 games have a marketing deal with playstation at the moment.

Ubisoft: Has alot of valuable IP. Seems to be doing pretty well business wise as well. Located in Europe. Has fought off multiple attempts of a hostile take over.

WB Games: Wayyy too many licensed games to be taken seriosly. Netherealm would be a good get but after the MK movie i doubt WB wants to part with that IP.

So going over this list and some of the things i described, the only companies I could see MS going for is Sega because they dont have alot going for them except Persona at the moment. The problem with that though is that atlus, at least on the surface, want nothing to do with xbox.

Last edited:

reksveks

The problem with that though is that atlus, at least on the surface, want nothing to do with xbox.

Enjoyed the reason and also struggling to figure out who MS are looking to buy.

I do wonder what the percent of Sgea sales are Altus vs Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive and Relic (Sega West).

So im going to try and list off most major publishers or studios and just where their at, all from the top of my head. Im sure theres alot im missing. I may have missed a few so let me know. All of this is my opinion.

Activison/ Blizzard: No one will buy them. Too expensive, too big, and has alot of bad press lately

Bungie: There were rumors that MS was looking into them. Bungie CEO said twice they have no interest of being bought. Destiny is their only major IP. Netease also invested 100 million into them.

Capcom: Japanese Publisher with alot of IP. Only 10 percent of sales come from xbox as a platform. Monster hunter and resident evil has made them alot of money recently. Has good relations with both sony and nintendo, where most of their business comes from.

EA: Humongous, expensive, mildy healthy thanks to fifa. Alot of licensed games and already has a deal with gamespass ultimate. A buyout would be a long, expensive process. Does have alot of IP though.

Sega: A smaller Japanese publisher best know for yakuza and persona games. Recently yakuzas creator and director left and atlus has shown zero interest in even porting games to xbox, up until this point,

Square Enix: Japanese publisher with really close ties to sony and to a lesser extent nintendo. Used to have Okay relations with xbox during the 360 heydays but after the rise of tomb raider timed exclsuive fiasco hasnt had much of anything to do with xbox. Has alot of exclsuive games and marketing deals with playstation at the moment. Also has business in anime, cell phone games, and has the most successful MMO in the world right now.

Take 2: Another huge publisher with healthy financials thanks to GTA 5. Has a few Big IP that all sell really, really well when they release a new one. CEO recently made a diss at gamepass saying he doesnt think the kind of games they make fit the gamepass model. Worth noting that almost all take 2 games have a marketing deal with playstation at the moment.

Ubisoft: Has alot of valuable IP. Seems to be doing pretty well business wise as well. Located in Europe. Has fought off multiple attempts of a hostile take over.

WB Games: Wayyy too many licensed games to be taken seriosly. Netherealm would be a good get but after the MK movie i doubt WB wants to part with that IP.

So going over this list and some of the things i described, the only companies I could see MS going for is Sega because they dont have alot going for them except Persona at the moment. The problem with that though is that atlus, at least on the surface, want nothing to do with xbox.

Aside from Yakuza and persona. Sega has powerhouse PC titles. Football Manager and Total War franchises sold around 4 million copies last year and so did Sonic despite Sega not releasing a Sonic Game. Humankind was the top selling PC game in August and 4th best selling game overall. PSO2 now has 9 million registered users so it should break the 10 million mark this year. According to Steam Charts Company of Heroes 2 sold around 7.5 million copies and Company of heroes 3 was announced recently. Sega is in a much better position then they were 5-10 yrs ago IMO

Dabaus

Banned
Aside from Yakuza and persona. Sega has powerhouse PC titles. Football Manager and Total War franchises sold around 4 million copies last year and so did Sonic despite Sega not releasing a Sonic Game. Humankind was the top selling PC game in August and 4th best selling game overall. PSO2 now has 9 million registered users so it should break the 10 million mark this year. According to Steam Charts Company of Heroes 2 sold around 7.5 million copies and Company of heroes 3 was announced recently. Sega is in a much better position then they were 5-10 yrs ago IMO
I stand Corrected then, glad theyre healthier than I thought.

MaulerX

What's all this nonsense talk about losing 130 million Playstation customers?

Most of the games going forward will be next-gen (current-gen) only. And we all know PS5 has NOT sold 130M units.

From a business perspective they won't be losing much and in fact might actually gain during the transition period as people might be persuaded to jump ship.

SaucyJack

Lol, really. Anything but PlayStation, eh?

Last I checked Microsoft's walled garden just includes Microsoft Windows in addition to Xbox, how does the Xbox app and Gamepass work on Mac? Or Linux?

Top Bottom