• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A huge purchase is imminent within 1 month from now

Imagine wanting to play games when you can be an Xchad and read cryptic twitter posts from influencers who bold face lie for attention. Some of you dont have a rich mans mindset and it shows. My favorite corporation is going to have more toys than yours, just deal with it.
Dude you post an awful lot in these types of threads. Stones, glass houses, etc...

Dabaus

Banned
A section of the xbox community. The same way that a section of the sony community is getting rumours about a weird countdown in Kojima's photos.

There are a weird number of 'cults' around all companies nowadays, not sure it's particularly new or unique which I don't think you are arguing, right?

I just ignore those guys on twitter then same way I ignore the ps cults leaders but ehh, I don't find it that unique.
Double barrel gaming isnt some outlier on the fringes though. Hes frequently invited to and has on his shows, all the usual suspects from the xbox infleuncer sphere. Hes right there with them. They all interact with each on twitter as well.

Zathalus

On boomstick/double barrel gaming most recent show he literally said the MS signed a huge deal on Thursday, they were typing up the press release right now, and wed hear about it Monday morning. He literally said that. He wasnt joking or playing around. This is what the xbox community is fed DAILY from people like him and others. Im not saying "Cult" for shock value or for attention, im saying cult because this is the same mentality cults have.
Oh please, both fanbases are guilty of making shit up. Bluepoint is going to be bought any day by Sony now, Silent Hills is around the corner, Metal Gear Solid is being remade, so is Bloodborne, and Square Enix is getting bought out by Sony as well.

Hardcore fans for either company can qualify for cult like status.

Lastly, Double barrel gaming has got less than 10k subscribers, they are basically no one.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Over 10 years ago, rumour was MS was going to buy EA. Never happened.

Maybe 4-5 years ago(?), the same rumour came again. Never happened.

Third times a charm! lol

At this point I think these "insiders" are mocking/making fun of Xbox gamers by constantly pushing these "acquisition season" rumors. They've more or less turned out to be BS and they move the goalposts to entirely different venues right before they can be humiliated by being proven wrong.

Also Microsoft needs to tighten up the tendency to leak; some of the same usual Xbox insiders have killed some of the surprise out of new game announcements and reveals due to how easy it seems they get access to info they can leak.

Dabaus

Banned
These 2 and others have help Microsoft cultivate the fan base into what it is now.

qQQcAgp.png

DrAspirino

Banned
This is the monster Microsoft created, a cult obsessed with a subscription services and Corporate consolidation.
As long as I keep getting free games, I don't really give a damn who runs the show. For all intent and purposes, I had a PS1 with 0 (yes, ZERO) "original games" and played only pirated games. Then had a Wii that was modded to the moon and beyond and never owned a single game: every Wii disc I had was pirated. xD

Then I switched to the Xbox 360 and again, not a single "legit" game purchased there. I ran it with a modded DVD drive so I could play online pirated games.

Every nintendo portable I owned (as well as PSP) had only 1 or 2 "original" games, while the rest were "backups". xD

Xbox one was the first one that I actually purchased games for, and only purchased them on a deep discount and/or foreign stores to pay even less. Then gamepass came and it literally changed the way I played. For example, this year I've only bought ONE Xbox game: Hitman 3. The rest is just gamepass.

How can you not love gamepass when you're given the same amount of games one used to pirate, but now in a legit and convenient way? :D

And yeah, you can consider me a free-games fanboy. I don't care about the platform: only if it's free or if it's cheap. ;)

PS: oh, and on PC, I have several "legit" games, but most of them come from Humble Bundles and/or free shit that EPIC store gives away. IIRC, There must be 2 or 4 AAA games I've legit purchased on PC, but again, when they were on deep discount. Otherwise I can't justify paying US$60 or US$70 on a game, considering how damn expensive is the US$ compared to CLP (my country currency).

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
As long as I keep getting free games, I don't really give a damn who runs the show. For all intent and purposes, I had a PS1 with 0 (yes, ZERO) "original games" and played only pirated games. Then had a Wii that was modded to the moon and beyond and never owned a single game: every Wii disc I had was pirated. xD

Then I switched to the Xbox 360 and again, not a single "legit" game purchased there. I ran it with a modded DVD drive so I could play online pirated games.

Every nintendo portable I owned (as well as PSP) had only 1 or 2 "original" games, while the rest were "backups". xD

Xbox one was the first one that I actually purchased games, and only purchased them on a deep discount and/or foreign stores to pay even less. Then gamepass came and it literally changed the way I played. For example, this year I've only bought ONE Xbox game: Hitman 3. The rest is just gamepass.

How can you not love gamepass when you're given the same amount of games one used to pirate, but now in a legit and convenient way? :D

And yeah, you can consider me a free-games fanboy. I don't care about the platform: only if it's free or if it's cheap. ;)
Nothing in life is "free" my dude. If you enjoy 69 metacritic rated, early access, games as a service, battle pass experiences you do you king.

On Demand

Banned
Xbox fanbase is something else. Always hyping up corporate buyouts. Is the entire point of Xbox is to worry about MS buying studios that has games you can already play?

The obsession with buying companies is so damn ridiculous. Go play some games. It’s would be better to discuss MS making new games and IP’s. No, all you want to do is hope to take games from other platforms.

This new rumor started because of the Sony showcase didn’t it? Did all the new games scare Xbox fans or something? 😂

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Nothing in life is "free" my dude. If you enjoy 69 metacritic rated, early access, games as a service, battle pass experiences you do you king.

You said nothing in life is free he literally stated he printed games for guess what "free" so in actual fact things are free on life.

Tim and his friends were making fun of "fake" PlayStation insiders and then you see stuff like this.

He is one arrogant prick that guy. Gives the shit stirrers more than enough ammo regularly. Free consoles, games, YouTube, talks down to people in disagreement. His attitude fucking stinks and yeah I am bit resentful because I can see what a massive arsehole this fella and others are and the community is lesser with the way they go about things.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Did anybody actually say the company would announce the acquisition around now?

If its a really big buy you'd think they would have some sort of event to announce it. TGS or the Game Awards maybe?

It would seem a waste to just throw it out there unceremoniously.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Why is he a fanboy? Because he covers Microsoft exclusively?
Well he has been caught lying multiple times to paint MS in a better picture like for example the Chris Avelone story where he said it was wrong and Chris named multiple dev leaving that actually left the company (let's not ddebate if it is a good or a bad thing, once again nobody knows).Or when he was adamant that Xbox live was going to be free ... right before they anounced that they wanted to double its price.There's a lot of other examples like him announcing persona 5 on Xbox (this might be true but it's been 6 months and nothing) or the 28 is more than 25 ( talking about studios aquisitions) and lots of others like uplay and gamepass fusion, Ms bought discord etc....
There was other but sadly all the twitter links are now dead weirdly enough.

Concern

This thread got pretty interesting didn't it?

More twitter obsessed ps fanboys than actual Xbox fanboys in here. I think more ps fanboys follow colt, timdog, and warren than anyone else lol. What a shit show.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Really now? So Xbox fans haven't been hyped about Starfield, Halo Infinite, Redfall, Forza Horizon 5, Perfect Dark, Elder Scrolls 6, The Outer Worlds 2, Avowed, Fable, Hellblade 2, Contraband, Indiana Jones, Fable etc?

Come on now lol.
Well some of of the Xbox fans I know are excited about upcoing games but they want to see gameplay, which I think is a reasonable thing to expect, and in that list only Halo and Forza have show gameplay.And the Halo one has had a lukewarm reception to be gentle, Forza looked amazing though their studio seems to be the most constant amongst all Xbox studios.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
This thread got pretty interesting didn't it?

More twitter obsessed ps fanboys than actual Xbox fanboys in here. I think more ps fanboys follow colt, timdog, and warren than anyone else lol. What a shit show.
You seem like an Xbox fanboy who doesn't like anyone to call out Timdog or any other major Xbox fanboy on twitter.

Last edited:
So, what was the big purchase?
Well, I did post about this purchase what feels like years ago now. It's sad to say, but it's probably the most significant purchase in this thread so far. Not sure how that works for you? 🤷‍♂️
Surely somebody isn't actually buying the Eurofighter Typhoon in Flight Simulator? 😯

I am actually joking, I bought the Spitfire Mk. XVI which I think was actually the same price. Not my photo but look at it, beautiful. :messenger_smiling_hearts:
rF9WrTP.jpg

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Interesting take, except im not the one who follows them, let alone just to post their tweets on here and cry about em like you're proving some kind of point lol.

Continue embarrassing yourself tho
The only one embarrassing themselves is you.

You don't complain whenever PS fans are called out, but now you're having an issue when someone is calling out Timdog and Coltwastwood? Give me a break. lol

We're looking at the main people on Twitter spreading acquisition rumors, and you don't need to follow to know whenever someone on Twitter calls them out.

Concern

The only one embarrassing themselves is you.

You don't complain whenever PS fans are called out, but now you're having an issue when someone is calling out Timdog and Coltwastwood? Give me a break. lol

We're looking at the main people on Twitter spreading acquisition rumors, and you don't need to follow to know whenever someone on Twitter calls them out.

Who's complaining? Im laughing at the pettiness of you guys crying lol.

Ooohh watch out guys, we're "calling out" 40 year old warriors who at least actually get paid to shill and post the same type of bullshit you do here for free.

Then with that same criticism you guys turn around and post that joe miller twitter too 🤣🤣. Its why I just laugh at you guys and could never take you seriously.

Top Bottom