• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A GAF video game challenge-play your favorites in a different way or in a different mode than usual!

Hey GAF, I've thought of a fun thing to do with the favorite video games! Try playing them in a different way than usual, for example, I'm currently re playing the older REs, but differently from how I usually play them. For REmake, I'm trying a Jill playthrough in Invisible Enemies mode, it's a game changer! I haven't fired a single shot at them yet because you can't see them until they attack you, such a raw idea for a survival horror! As for RE2, I'm playing Claire in Arranged mode, so even though I got OP weapons, it's so different from using the default weapons, that I'm doing worse with the OP weapons than like with the default pistol :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Play Dead Space 1 with only the plasma cutter.

It actually makes the game easier in some ways, since only that ammo drops, and you can max out the upgrades quicker by only focusing on one weapon. There are damn sure some tense moments though.

It actually makes the game easier in some ways, since only that ammo drops, and you can max out the upgrades quicker by only focusing on one weapon. There are damn sure some tense moments though.
That's basically how I played what I played of it so far, it just feels like the ideal weapon for the encounters. I should beat it...

Shifty

Challenge runs are a cool idea. They're good for teaching you things about a given game that you'd otherwise never have occasion to discover.

Ninja Gaiden 2 was good for this - encouraging it by having a bunch of achievements for clearing the game with a single weapon. Great way to learn each of the movesets in-depth and come up with new strategies for some of the more busted sections of the game.

Real OGs do it with nothing but the flamethrower. And start to hate life right around the point where you reach those screaming wall fuckers, if not before.

Last edited:

kubricks

The Witcher 3 with bomb build.
I played and completed the game multiple times, always ended up with toxicity build because OP but that cluster bomb perk always pique my interest.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Play the entirety of Cave Story, from starting cave all the way to Ballos, using only the polar star
No machine gun, no spur, no snake I want none of that shit. I want your tears and suffering

(Hypocritical considering I'm the guy who makes fun of people for bumping threads, but this was just too good of a topic for me to pass up on)

Last edited:
Top Bottom