• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Full Throttle Movie Script Has Been Written By Moon's Director

Moon wasn't a bad film by any stretch of the imagination, but it's way too far up its own ass trying to tell a 'profound take on the nature of human greed' when the premise is ridiculous.

Spoilers

There is not a chance in hell that the energy company who apparently cracked the code for aneutronic fusion power using He3 is saving money by running a permanent cloning operation. IRL the company that cracks regular fusion will have more money than God for the next century, more than enough to make regular crew rotations. Add in the fact that they would have to make regular supply drops anyeah, and they had to send that kill team regardless shows they have the means to not be an evil corporation for the sake of being an evil corporation.

Miles708

I really liked Moon honestly, especially the fact that it revealed the "big twist" halfway through the film, instead of needlessly dragging it for the end.
The warcraft movie was horrible though. I didn't even know it was the same director.

RAIDEN1

Chances of this getting made, is about as good as the fans getting a full-blown sequel that is LOOOONG overdue, yeah I know it wouldn't be the same without Ben, but it could be done still...you could have Ben's nephew or son etc...so much potential left within it....it is one of those games that has a "if only...." bit like Indy Jones and Fate of Atlantis...

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Moon wasn't a bad film by any stretch of the imagination, but it's way too far up its own ass trying to tell a 'profound take on the nature of human greed' when the premise is ridiculous.

Spoilers

There is not a chance in hell that the energy company who apparently cracked the code for aneutronic fusion power using He3 is saving money by running a permanent cloning operation. IRL the company that cracks regular fusion will have more money than God for the next century, more than enough to make regular crew rotations. Add in the fact that they would have to make regular supply drops anyeah, and they had to send that kill team regardless shows they have the means to not be an evil corporation for the sake of being an evil corporation.
True, but having money does not mean you like spending money, the more a corporation makes the more they can increase their profit margins especially if they have no competition. Anyways.... detour :D.

TVexperto

I really liked Moon honestly, especially the fact that it revealed the "big twist" halfway through the film, instead of needlessly dragging it for the end.
The warcraft movie was horrible though. I didn't even know it was the same director.
source code was also pretty good

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Moon and Source Code are great, but Jones shouldn't have been given the Warcraft movie. Hugely mismanaged project that completely squandered the potential and means that we won't get another one now. Full Throttle is way more his speed.

Moon was good - but it helped Sam Rockwell is incredible.

I don't think Duncan Jones is very talented. Didn't he do some horrendous cyberpunk movie that was a netflix original as well as warcraft.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Full Throttle is amazing, and I would take a cool biker movie. Lets talk about the cast.

I think you cast Mark Hamill as the Old Man, just to give a nod to the original. Then go from there.
Ben- Russel Crow
Maureen - Blake Lively

Who would you like to see as a Polecat?

Buki1

I always though this game would work great as a movie if it was done in dark criminal comedy vibe like Big Lebowsky. I dont know if it would sell well today though.

Top Bottom