• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Final Fantasy X-3 story synopsis exists and the possibility of it being made "is not zero"

Madflavor

An FFX-3 is a matter of time. Either FFX-3 or a remake of FFX. Within the franchise FFX is massively popular, and I think one of, if not the most popular entry of the series in Japan. It's a very beloved title, and considering the very positive reception toward FFVII-R, another game set in Spira is likely being talked about. This "possibility of it being made is not zero" is them testing the waters.

The absolute state of Square Enix.

They're basically admiting that they don't have competence and talent to make new worlds anymore.
It's much cheaper to just reuse something that is already done, so I wouldn't be surprised if they attempt to make sequels for all post FF7 Final Fantasies (8, 9 and 10)
Let's wait til FFXVI comes out and how it's received before we make that claim. Unlike XIII and XV, XVI has actual talented people working on the game who know what the fuck they're doing. Yoshi-P is the guy that took the unmitigated disaster of FFXIV, and turned it into currently the most beloved MMO.

Last edited:

Windheim

Neo Member
Ugh, spend your resources on something else, pls.
Like on a new Deus Ex game with Motomu Toriyama’s directing and Nojima’s writing - imagine how unforgettable it would be.

Moochi

I'd be down with either a prequel story about Jecht or a story with an entirely new cast set a thousand years afterwards where Yuna and Tidus are worshipped by the new church or something. And then midway through some old party members join up to kill Sin once and for all

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I’d rather just have them do something new that they are excited and passionate about. Love it or hate it, FFX is a complete story and it feels like a modern game. It doesn’t need a remake.

And every sequel/spin-off to the mainline FF games has just retroactively made the originals worse.

No thank you.

Top Bottom