• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A few things about Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be revealed this weekend

2510225d8a2a62811003.16447341-20190924_FFVII-Remake_Screenshot-5.jpg

The co-director of Final Fantasy 7 Remake will reveal news related to the game during a Japanese orchestra concert this weekend, he’s said.

Motomu Toriyama shared the news via the Square Enix Music Twitter account on Monday, which was translated by Final Fantasy fan Aitai Kimochi.

“In addition to the performance we have a special program planned as well,” Toriyama said. “There will be a few things about FF7R that will be revealed only during this concert. I will also take part in this program, so please tune in!”

The FF7R Orchestra Concert will take place on Saturday, February 13 at 5pm Japan Time (8am GMT) and will only be available to Japanese residents who have paid for an online ticket. That considered, it seems unlikely that the news Square Enix is planning to share will be significant.

In November 2019, director Nomura confirmed that work on Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 was already underway. Part 1 is a timed PlayStation 4 exclusive for 12 months, which means that Square Enix could release Xbox and PC versions of the game as soon as March.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake’s other co-director Tetsuya Nomura has previously suggested that future instalments in the episodic title could focus on smaller sections of the original game, in order to release them faster.

The comments come from the Japanese Ultimania book, in which Nomura is quoted as saying that “if we divide the story into large parts, it’ll take longer to make. If we divide it into more detailed smaller sections, then developing it will be faster. I hope to release the next one ASAP.”

Also speaking in the Ultimania book, producer Yoshinori Kitase reportedly said that the FF7R team has “a general idea” of how the game’s story will play out across each episode, following a cliffhanger ending to the first game.

“We have a general idea of how the story will play out, but we haven’t decided exactly [how many parts], nor can we confirm anything,” Kitase is reported as saying. “There’s speculation that it will be three parts, but we’re just doing things one step at a time.”

VGC’s Final Fantasy 7 Remake review called the RPG “a game full of beauty, intelligence and nostalgic power”. See what other critics thought of the game in our Final Fantasy 7 Remake review round-up.

Last edited:

N30RYU

Zack DLC for PS5 (You replay the bombing mission as Zack with all the abilities unlocked... and succeed without bomb casualties... to alter even more the timeline)

Kalm DLC would be cool too (And Tifa blows it all saying Cloud never showed)

Last edited:

Boneyblaff

Since I'm still without a PS5, and not about to re-purchase a PS4, I'm hoping for a PC or Xbox port... Fingers crossed that's what the announcement includes!

Last edited:

Manji Uzuki

I would say new version with some visual improvements and some extra content for PS5 and I guess PC. But I can't see an anouncement only for PC and or Xbox. Its an event in Japan, it will include Playstation somehow.

//DEVIL//

Here is what is going to be announced.

Are you guys ready?

Final Fantasy will get a PS5 port. and it will come to PC as well ( not sure if its a console exclusive or just first year )

the game was released in March 2020. so .. about time. to announce the new stuff lol.

spoiler.. just guessing :p

Im glad they're letting Toriyama make the announcement and finally get some of the public credit for this game. He's a fantastic game director and one of the best they have.

T8SC

Smaller sections? So Midgar to Junon? then Costa Del Sol to North Crater?

They can't expect people to pay full RRP for many small sections of a game, it'd end up costing hundreds to have the "anthology" or whatever the complete collection will be called.

Hugare

"The comments come from the Japanese Ultimania book, in which Nomura is quoted as saying that “if we divide the story into large parts, it’ll take longer to make. If we divide it into more detailed smaller sections, then developing it will be faster. I hope to release the next one ASAP.”"

God, I hate Nomura so fucking much.

He will divide this game in 7 parts, with possible spin offs (required to understand the story)

Take 3 fucking years for the next big part, we dont mind waiting if the end result delivers

Last edited:
I would say new version with some visual improvements and some extra content for PS5 and I guess PC. But I can't see an anouncement only for PC and or Xbox. Its an event in Japan, it will include Playstation somehow.
Yeah, I think a PS5 port is a safe bet, along with the game coming to Steam.

A trailer for Part 2 will probably come later this summer.

N30RYU

"The comments come from the Japanese Ultimania book, in which Nomura is quoted as saying that “if we divide the story into large parts, it’ll take longer to make. If we divide it into more detailed smaller sections, then developing it will be faster. I hope to release the next one ASAP.”"

He will divide this game in 7 parts, with possible spin offs (required to understand the story)

Take 3 fucking years for the next big part, we dont mind waiting if the end result delivers
If Tifa just spoils Cloud version of the story in Kalm we can skip 2/3 of the game... and maybe save Aerith.

Kamina

Golden Boy
The Final Fantasy VII Remake World Orchestra Tour concert was live streamed for Japanese audiences today.

However, there was sadly no news of the rumoured PS5 version of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake nor any word about Part 2 of the FF7R project.

• Empathy
Reactions: RNG

Kokoloko85

I really wish we just had an epic massive FF7 game instead of smaller games....
I just want a PS5 patch for now, 60fps and better assets

The Shepard

FFVII Remake Episode II won't be out till the cows come home...
2022 is way too optimistic.

It'll be quicker then part 1. I think that took 3 years after square took it in house and they can reuse alot of stuff from part 1. Late 2022 could be a possibility. All depends on how much of ff7 there going to give us in the next part.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It'll be quicker then part 1. I think that took 3 years after square took it in house and they can reuse alot of stuff from part 1. Late 2022 could be a possibility. All depends on how much of ff7 there going to give us in the next part.
Should be super fast if they reuse enough low resolution door assets :messenger_winking_tongue:

Lethal01

I don''t mind smaller parts if the end result delivers.

SkylineRKR

Was so soured after part 1 that I don't give a fuck about part 2 at all. And don't expect an upgrade for PS5. They'll sell you this shit again.

Much more looking forward to FFXVI.

Top Bottom