• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A FAN recreated METAL GEAR SOLID in UNREAL ENGINE 4

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Interesting.

Technically it looks very good. But it just looks and feels too much like every other game out there.

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
Remake will never come out. They've tried this before and Konami has stopped them

The Fartist

Gold Member
tenor.gif

Caffeine

it looks nice, but there is too much speed in the movement he looks weightless when rolling. They should have redid the whole intro segment. or the original pizza hut demo.

Art style is off. Too dark with too much film grain. Bluepoint is perfect for making a MGS remake.

I think it looks great but prob here is that he is using this RE4 camera type which none MGS games do actually, usually the camera is a bit more away from the character so thats why it feels somehow off.

Collin

Banned
doesn't look bad! especially for fan made work. running animation janky but i'd download this shit. hope no cease and desists get thrown around

Soodanim

Gold Member
Between that guy's sound set up/personality and the terrible twitchy camera and movement where it just looks like an MGS themed generic nothing, I didn't make it past a couple "Skip, watch 2 seconds" loops. Sorry if that's you OP, I am not your target audience.

Edit: Changed my mind. Not sorry, because the OP MAKES AWFUL ALL CAPS CLICKBAIT THREAD TITLE

Last edited:

Tschumi

looks great, kind of sucks how much they failed at snake's face though... i don't think this would work out right if they don't have kojima looking over their shoulder for everything

Kuranghi

Very good effort for one man definitely, the motion blur was awful though.

The guy presenting the video saying "I've never actually beaten this before" made me shout at the screen:

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR (GAMING) LIFE GO AND FINISH MGS 1 RIGHT NOW YOU WAHLIE!"

ahem.

Top Bottom