• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A 2D Dark Souls 3 Metroidvania was Pitched to Bandai Namco

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

TinyBuild pixel artist Thomas Feichtmeir shared a screenshot of a 2D pixel art Dark Souls 3 Metroidvania game pitched to Bandai Namco six years ago. Obviously, the game never made it to the markets. Since the NDA has ended, Feichtmeir shared visuals of the game online.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Given that so many games it inspired want to be exactly that, it could have worked. I've have bought it just for the new/remixed perspective on DS3.

I also like the HUD placement, I wonder if it would have been better there all along (probably not).

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Dave Chapelle What GIF

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Looks cool, but, like, just Dark Souls 3 but in 2D? That's a kind of weird pitch, a spin-off or side story set in the same universe would have made more sense.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
WOAHHHHH I NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE, NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW AND FREESSHHHHHHHHHH

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Really nice pixel art. Not as impactful considering the sheer amount of Metroidvania / 2D Dark Souls-inspired indie games on the market these days.

AopMrag.jpg

Top Bottom