• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80s style synth-pop/electro synth/cyberpunk music

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
As mentioned above I always loved this thread and I found out about a lot of great music just from this thread alone.

I think it works well with our new Communities board. At 105 standard pages, its gone beyond Off Topic IMO. Hope long time posters in this thread agree and please, bring on new music!

Thank you all,

Last edited:

fatty

Just stumbled upon this thread, I’m going to go back about 10 pages and just start listening to stuff to see if I can discover something new that I like.

But if you guys have any favorites that you want to recommend, please do!

Thabass

All Night by PRIZM

Vice City by morgan willis

Alone With You by Phaserland

It's time for me to make this thread my own.

Please note: Any music I post here will be from Spotify so you can easily add to your Spotify playlists and it's also the main music service I use.

Last edited:

Old Retro

This one has been out for years, but it's on a recent Markus Schulz mix...

I'd pick this to be in Need for Speed Heat over 95% of the shitty tracks it has.

What are your favorite VOCAL synthwave/retrowave/synthpop whatever groups? (Not just single tracks or songs with samples.) I enjoy Gunship and Girls Named Jennifer, and the first two Chvrches albums.

Last edited:

drotahorror

As a very long time listener of synthwave, my current favorite artist for a couple years now, is still MASTER BOOT RECORD. If you love synth, love videogames, you'll dig this so much if you haven't ever heard it. Most of his stuff is pretty heavy, almost metal like at times, but there is some melancholic parts and even some songs from him.

His latest album (2020)

He's also doing the soundtrack of an upcoming cyberpunk adventure game (judging from this song in the trailer, it's all new, original music and damn it's sick!)

He also does videogame remixes

SO GOOD

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
As a very long time listener of synthwave, my current favorite artist for a couple years now, is still MASTER BOOT RECORD. If you love synth, love videogames, you'll dig this so much if you haven't ever heard it. Most of his stuff is pretty heavy, almost metal like at times, but there is some melancholic parts and even some songs from him.

His latest album (2020)

He's also doing the soundtrack of an upcoming cyberpunk adventure game (judging from this song in the trailer, it's all new, original music and damn it's sick!)

He also does videogame remixes

SO GOOD

I need a kit like his on my drums, muh god that snare sounds great.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Much as I appreciate what these artists are doing, I'd still strongly recommend going back to the actual music of the period because there are so many gems that you've probably not heard. The key is to remember that it was a time when the primary mode of distribution was still the album.

There are so many great albums by bands a lot of younger people will think of as being one-hit wonders where they show a much fuller range of their styles and creativity.

Woffls

i think this thread made me aware of the only electronic music that i actually now like. Great timing for a bump as i look for stuff to play on my new speakers 👌

Karunamon

Scandroid - Dreams of Neo-Tokyo (Album Sampler)

Scandroid's debut album remixes featuring artists like Dance With The Dead, Blue Stahli, GosT, Makeup and Vanity Set, d.notive and a few others.

Surfacing this because this album is freaking amazing and one of the few where I enjoy every single song. It's been around for a while, but is still as awesome now as it was on release day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom