• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80s style synth-pop/electro synth/cyberpunk music

t-storm

”Autre Vie” by BY AN ION

thats-good.gif

Have this one on repeat.

drotahorror

The 80's Guy is one of my favourite YT channels

"New Retro Wave, Darksynth And Synthwave Radio 24H/7D ! Enjoy the vibes !"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrycZdBy320

I don't like vocals in my Synthwave, needs to be instrumental only

Thanks, that's pretty sick.

I didn't look too hard, but I thought this thread was purged. Glad I found it again, even though I don't post much in it.

Droxcy

What a wonderful thread!

I was at Guitar Center over the weekend, messed around on some drum sets then stumbled into the keyboard section. Probably spent an hour at a Korg MicroKORG Synthesizer just making 80s synth beats, I almost walked out of there with it but my girl said no lol.

TrainedRage

Banned
One of those intense foot moving head bobbing songs. Love it.

Not exactly retro synth but its synth by very good talent on the Deadmau5 label mau5trap. Check them out (No Mana)

This song and the video mix from Equilibrium are amazing.

Kadayi

Banned
Wow, those synth cords blew my mind wide open. Good song! Good video!
I will have to check out more of Johnny Jewel, haven't heard of him/her/them. That could have been much longer is my only complaint.

Jewel is the main guy behind Chromatics, Glass Candy and Symmetry. Italians do it better is his label. He's pretty prolific.

Themes for an imaginary film was something he produced in the wake of Drive (which Chromatics did some songs for) and is a great album: -

He also contributed to Twin Peaks the return soundtrack as well: -

In an alternative universe, I'd have had Jewel do the Blade Runner 2049 soundtrack.

Last edited:
i dont know if its been said but yikes, calling new wave 'cyber punk' music. like that automatically makes me think you wear a giant grey shirt with a pocket tucked in your dad jeans. with that said if you like 80s nostalgia and good tunes listen to drab majesty. amazing band.

Ixion

i dont know if its been said but yikes, calling new wave 'cyber punk' music. like that automatically makes me think you wear a giant grey shirt with a pocket tucked in your dad jeans.

Kavinsky, Perturbator, Power Glove, Mega Drive, Dan Terminus, etc, are all definitely Cyberpunk themed acts that helped jumpstart the whole surge of Synthwave about five years ago (when this thread was created), so that's why Cyberpunk is included in the title.

Obviously Synthwave overall offers more than Cyberpunk vibes, especially nowadays, but it makes sense why Cyberpunk would be emphasized in the thread title since this thread was created five years ago when all those Cyberpunk acts hit the scene.

Last edited:
Top Bottom