• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 years later, what are your thoughts on Infamous: Second Son?

GymWolf

I'm the biggest infamous fanboy in this forum but the game is onestly no more than a 7 for non-biased people.

better combat\traversal and graphic, but far worse story and characters, also boring location, enemies and bosses except one maybe.

I liked the powers but they were a bit samey, overall i liked the thunders in the 2 prequels more.

It is also the shortest open world game i ever played, the story is extremely short and not enough meaningful sidequests.

Since there is not gonna be a sequel, i just hope for a remastered collection of the first 2 at this point, i would love a bluepoint treatment.

Delsin is fucking terrible.

Last edited:

cHaOs667

I got quickly bored and never looked back. Totally overrated title for me, even though I'm a sucker for Open World games :(

buenoblue

WAIT WHAT!!!! Just went to download this on ps5 and noticed there's a native ps5 version!! How did d I not know about this? And why is no one here talking about it? So yeah downloaded it which took 5 minutes ( 600Mb internet brag) and the game looks pretty stunning. Now runs in 4k60 I believe, with full dualsense support, 3d audio and faster loading.

Yeah can't believe I missed this as I have kept an eye on ps5 patches pretty well. If you have a ps5 definitely worth getting I'd say.

clintar

WAIT WHAT!!!! Just went to download this on ps5 and noticed there's a native ps5 version!! How did d I not know about this? And why is no one here talking about it? So yeah downloaded it which took 5 minutes ( 600Mb internet brag) and the game looks pretty stunning. Now runs in 4k60 I believe, with full dualsense support, 3d audio and faster loading.

Yeah can't believe I missed this as I have kept an eye on ps5 patches pretty well. If you have a ps5 definitely worth getting I'd say.
nice! i should check it. i liked the game

Kydd BlaZe

I thoroughly enjoyed Second Son, even though it certainly was a bit repetitive. Delsin was also pretty boring as a main character. But anyway, at the time, the visuals were absolutely stunning for an open world game, and I enjoyed zipping around Seattle. First game I platinumed on PS4 too.

cHaOs667

But anyway, at the time, the visuals were absolutely stunning for an open world game, and I enjoyed zipping around Seattle. First game I platinumed on PS4 too.
Yes and no. The effects were great, but the open world itself was pretty small, dull and lifeless.

Also, it had a couple of graphical issues like enemies, pointing with their gun in the wrong direction while their hand and gun were inside a wall etc.

The other thing that buggered me was when enemies were burning but kept firing at you and did not react to the fire itself.

Bluecondor

I loved Infamous: Second Son. I had never been interested in the game, but gave it a shot back in the Spring of 2019. I finished the entire game and the DLC and really enjoyed it.

ARK1391

I honestly really liked Second Son. Yes Delsin was a boring protagonist and the main villain was weak, but I really enjoyed the powers and getting around the city.

Did both playthroughs in like a week and a half after launch for platinum. Then platinumed the dlc just to play more of it.

Godot25

Banned
Infamous Second Son, Ryse and Killzone Shadowfall showed, that if only interesting thing about your game is how good it looks, nobody will give a damn about your game after few weeks

Mossybrew

I considered this thread and realized I don't really have any thoughts at all about this game. It entertained me for some amount of hours? It looked pretty good for the time but was ultimately kinda shallow? That's all I can come up with.

Knightime_X

A solid one and done kind of game.
If 5/10 was just OK neither good or bad then this would be a 6.5/10 game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom