• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$505 games: If you want a "free" upgrade to XSX/PS5 version of Control, you have to rebuy Ultimate Edition.

GHG

Gold Member
Surely Remedy arnt completely innocent in this? They have the power to stand up to such practices.

Also for those that said about cost. It costs very, very little for such patches. I think Mark Cerny said it's less than 2% of your entire development cost. A free PS5 patch would bring in extra money by enticing gamers who were on the fence about the game who are seeing friends replay it/plus the PS5 store entry etc.

Dependant on their contractual agreement with the publisher their hands are most likely tied and they can't say or do anything.

It's a shame because Remedy themselves have usually been pretty good with stuff like this. Previously they've given away Alan wake for free on certain storefronts when it was being delisted.

replicant-

I am wondering if this Ultimate edition has a seperate set of trophies/achievments in the database. If not then this is even more BS as at a system level it is the same game.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I mean if the game runs at an unlocked frame rate or has drops, the ps4 pro legacy should still perform better than og ps4 pro.
Well the game aims for 30fps on all current consoles (even XONEX) so without a next-gen patch it's not going to play in 60fps even if PS5 or XSEX could take it. Not to mention the lack of native 4K support and no raytracing.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Get a life mate, you are an absolute muppet, of course this relates to platform holders. How about no one needs you here, get your head out your ass!

You can see in this thread you are literally damage controlling everyone as soon as someone says something negative about Microsoft/Xbox.
No u. You were first with console wars. I am just stating that this does not concern anything about platform holders, if someone would came here and said, that's because of Sony, I would react the same way. But that never happened.

Aside from that it's my thread and I don't want to people to argue in here about unrelated stuff, because I want to see it to keep going.

And muppet. Imagine that some published doing some bullshit and bu...b...but Microsoft. I don't damage control anything, I am just stating that Playstation drones come in here, have no clue what they are talking about and their low IQ pisses me off. So that's that.

Justin9mm

No u. You were first with console wars. I am just stating that this does not concern anything about platform holders, if someone would came here and said, that's because of Sony, I would react the same way. But that never happened.

Aside from that it's my thread and I don't want to people to argue in here about unrelated stuff, because I want to see it to keep going.

And muppet. Imagine that some published doing some bullshit and bu...b...but Microsoft. I don't damage control anything, I am just stating that Playstation drones come in here, have no clue what they are talking about and their low IQ pisses me off. So that's that.
Am I a PlayStation drone? Last time I checked, I own a One X.

And just because you made the thread doesn't give you the right to anything. It doesn't mean you get to tell people what to and what not to comment. You don't own GAF and you don't own this thread just because you created it, you have no control and no say on what people comment!

People can comment whatever they want within reason and within the rules of GAF. How self entitled are you!?

Last edited:

M1chl

Am I a PlayStation drone? Last time I checked, I own a One X.

And just because you made the thread doesn't give you the right to anything. It doesn't mean you get to tell people what to and what not to comment. You don't own GAF and you don't own this thread just because you created it, you have no control and no say on what people comment!

People can comment whatever they want within reason and within the rules of GAF. How self entitled are you!?
Yes you have the right to write anything, but I have a right to call you on that.

Premise of the thread is that 505 games have pretty shitty policy how to update game to next-gen version and people coming here and b..but...but Micro$oft!!11!. How do they have to do anything with this situation.

I don't give a fuck that it's againts Microsoft, i related threads you can shit on them hwever you like, fairly and unfairly (they done a lot of dumb shit, which they deserve to be called out on it. But this thread is not it and Smart Delivery as a feature is completelly optional as stated by Microsoft, they have zero advantage even with PR name againts Sony in this departement.

I simply don't like that here we are going to console warring that evil MS or Sony is responsible for this mess. Here is infographic of what I don't like about this shit:

zLtjx8N.jpg

It's unrelated and dumb to have a discussion here about some PR name of something which is optional and I don't know I hope you get it. MS ha nothing to do with that, they cannot force anyone to do free upgrades and it's childish to blame MS or Sony for that matter, that they did not secure free next-gen update.

Kagey K

Banned
Remember when Remedy thought changing publishers would give them more Control (pun intended) over their games.

I do.

Good thing they signed a long deal with them, seems to be working out so far.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Is the XSX/PS5 patch to bring it inline with the current PC version? :p

Or is the PC version also getting some graphical improvements?

M1chl

Is the XSX/PS5 patch to bring it inline with the current PC version? :p

Or is the PC version also getting some graphical improvements?
Probably the first options, even then....PS5/XSX is going to sweat doing even base game on PC : )

M1chl

This is why I avoid walled-gardens like the plague. Let's see you do this on PC fuckers.
No gens no problem. Aside from the fact, that sometimes you need to buy a new HW, like with 750Ti and Death Stranding. But who uses 750Ti for gaming anyway.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
So they are indeed treating it like a new SKU to justify their shortcomings. Control is not Control Ultimate Edition is their world. Which also means owners wont even get the upgrades to the base game with code the supports the new machines natively and will simply be running in BC mode.

What a joke.

MilkLizard

Well, I never bought the game because it runs like shit on base PS4 and I planned on waiting until I get a PS5. I‘ll just put the ultimate edition on my wishlist and wait for a nice discount on that one. No rush here.

Top Bottom