• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$505 games: If you want a "free" upgrade to XSX/PS5 version of Control, you have to rebuy Ultimate Edition.

Keihart

We don't know yet how is BC going to work on PS5, it's probably same game better performance as on Xbox, but will see.

Does not make it right, tho. It's not like Ultimate Edition is aanything new other than repackaged content with different app manifest.
But you see, PS4 games don't run natively on PS5 (except for those new games that are, can't bother to look up from which date onwards) they are emulated.
The dev making an upgraded version it's on them and giving that for free too.

Now, Xbox has been taunting this smart delivery and shit, making promises about games getting upgraded for free...i would expect there to be somewhat of a entitlement to this version, but on PS it sounds alright.
Shame on the developer for being so shitty on people that supported them of course, i mean, why would i buy your game AGAIN after you fucking me over with this? it's a bad business practice but a fair one.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
But you see, PS4 games don't run natively on PS5 (except for those new games that are, can't bother to look up from which date onwards) they are emulated.

Now, Xbox has been taunting this smart delivery and shit, making promises about games getting upgraded for free...i would expect there to be somewhat of a entitlement to this version, but on PS it sounds alright.
Shame on the developer for being so shitty on people that supported them of course, i mean, why would i buy your game AGAIN after you fucking me over with this? it's a bad business practice but a fair one.
I think is more of the set expectation by Cyberpunk, Valhalla, etc. Because everybody knows that the new versions does not require that much work, like for example X360/PS3 game to > X1/PS4.

Enjay

Banned
The way they pulled this bullshit makes it obvious they lied about being happy with Control's sales. Epic Games announcement when?

MaddMatt

Neo Member
Just to play devil's advocate. I highly suspect the publisher felt burnt after the games bad steam and console sales. Being on Gamepass and PSNow most likely made it fall off even further. Not all games added to these subscription services actual help the game. This publisher is probably highly demotivated to give away what they think are "free copies".

I wonder if this game being an exclusive to a platform would have made this game successful.
They felt just fine selling broken ass copies though. I’ve never been a picky frame rate guy, but Control is rough as hell on a base PS4. They can fuck right off on this “deal”.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
This is bullshit, I was planning on buying the expansion pass, but it's gone from my wishlist now. I won't support this bullshit, especially since I was hoping to replay Control on the PS5.

I'm glad I hadn't bought it yet.

I want to play this game with the maximum possible quality and FPS, and I'm still in doubt if I should upgrade my PC or buy a next gen console.

Game Pass might be the decisive factor.

Jaybe

The PS4 got access to the DLC before the Xbox One. It may not be much but once you've bought the game on a certain system, Xbox, then get this shit pulled on you then it leaves a shitty taste

And here we are, more shit tasting tactics.

Thanks. Awful decision by what I presume was the publisher on a Remedy game when Remedy has been tight with Xbox for years and has fans of their games on Xbox.

Keihart

I think is more of the set expectation by Cyberpunk, Valhalla, etc. Because everybody knows that the new versions does not require that much work, like for example X360/PS3 game to > X1/PS4.
I think those games HAVE to be developed with cross gen compatibility, Control is older so there is no requirement for it.
Regardless, i hardly see this making Control sell more copies...on the contrary, it will probably negate some of the DLC copies it would have sold on consoles.

Last edited:

Microsoft might be BSing but they are giving the impression that older games could have a boost in performance and IQ without any patch from developers.

As we know from Cerny and the leaks the PS5 has 3 clock "modes" that emulate PS4 and PS4 Pro performance.

Deto

Banned
That's why sony doesn't invent "smart delivery"

Why would you invent a name for the playstation of something that does not depend on the playstation?

M1chl

So this is what its gonna feel like rebuying ps4 up ports for ps5?
Maybe, you can buy it now...that's the difference. Maybe...

That's why sony doesn't invent "smart delivery"

Why would you invent a name for the playstation of something that does not depend on the playstation?
They used Cross-buy many times before, so I am not sure what is MS fault in this...

Last edited:

LordCBH

So wait. If you buy the base game and every price of dlc, they essentially say “go fuck yourself buy the ultimate edition”.
That’s really goddamn shitty.

Well at least they are up front and honest about it. They certainly know how to... Control the message

giphy.gif

Hostile_18

Banned
So wait. If you buy the base game and every price of dlc, they essentially say “go fuck yourself buy the ultimate edition”.

Hmm well if you have the base game and all dlc playstation often classifies you as having the deluxe edition, when you try to buy it in the store. I'd say theres still hope. It's a super shitty situation though considering the performance issues on the base game.

Hestar69

Well I do, but I also buy OG game + expansion pass on Xbox...
I read this as xbox game pass and just checked and sadly it's not on there. If it ever goes on there ill give it a try,but I won't pay for it now. Now if they make an alan wake 2 I'll buy day 1.

M1chl

I read this as xbox game pass and just checked and sadly it's not on there. If it ever goes on there ill give it a try,but I won't pay for it now. Now if they make an alan wake 2 I'll buy day 1.
It's on PS Now, you know deal with Sony...

Yeah exactly that.

Fbh

It's always smart to tell your most loyal customers, the ones who supported your product from day 1 and paid the most money for it, that they are suckers and should have just waited a year to get all the content and a next gen upgrade for less money.

That's sure to result in more people showing up on day 1 next time.

M1chl

It's always smart to tell your most loyal customers, the ones who supported your product from day 1 and paid the most money for it, that they are suckers and should have just waited a year to get all the content and a next gen upgrade for less money.

That's sure to result in more people showing up on day 1 next time.
I think it's not worth it honestly from their standpoint. But the parent company of 505 is called Digital Bros. So I am not sure what to expect next time honestly.

FeiRR

Banned
I was about to buy it in a digital sale for $20 but guess what, I'll wait a year and buy it used on disc so they get a big, round nothing from me.

Saber

Gold Member
I just came here to laught at this game lmao

Not a big deal of game at all :messenger_grinning_squinting:

On a sidenote, I feel sorry for the fellas who used that cash on this ultimate edition. That was some real scummy attitude, reminds me of DQ 11 S ported version of Switch.

Last edited:

alstrike

Have they stated the price for the ultimate editions yet?

How much will Control Ultimate Edition cost on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam and on the Epic Games Store?
Control Ultimate Edition will cost $39.99/£34.99/€39.99

Forsythia

So €40? I haven't bought the season pass yet but if I do the game has cost me €85. But people who buy the UE for €40 not only get it cheaper (which is understandable) but they also get the nextgen upgrade, while I get shit? Fuck you 505 and Remedy.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
Was thinking about buying Control as its on sale quite often. But this kinda keeps me from supporting them.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I knew all this Smart Delivery BS from MS was going to blow up in all the developers faces (and Sony were forced to copy them too). Now people are demanding to get next-gen versions for free or else they complain.

It already started and the consoles are not even out yet.

Basically, developers can't re-release a game now without everyone that bought it before expecting to get it for free.

M1chl

I knew all this Smart Delivery BS from MS was going to blow up in all the developers faces (and Sony were forced to copy them too). Now people are demanding to get next-gen versions for free or else they complain.

It already started and the consoles are not even out yet.

Basically, developers can't re-release a game now without everyone that bought it before expecting to get it for free.
You people are fucking slow or something. How is this MS fault?!

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Don't you still get the current gen versions playable on next gen consoles right? Same with the next EA 2021 games or am I wrong? Sucks the few who supported Remedy get fucked for their support.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
You people are fucking slow or something. How is this MS fault?!

Who started this then? Did people get Zelda Twilight Princess and Windwaker for free when they were rereleased on Wii U? All the Wii U games now on Switch? Beyond Two Souls? Heavy Rain? The Yakuza remasters? TLOU? God of War 3?

Top Bottom