• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

500 things you (probably) didn't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
291) If you take any number, double it, add 10, divide by 2, and subtract your original number, the answer will always be 5.

Worst fact ever. Take a number, double it, divide by 2, subtract original, you get 0. Adding any number after doubling the original will result in getting half that number.

And you can make a con folder using the command prompt, but you can't move it.

37) The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

I'm trying to figure out how the guy wouldn't get totally fucked up if he's getting bombarded by enough microwaves to melt a candy bar.

Apparently it was this guy, Percy Spencer.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
got a nice free app on my iphone with 10.000 of these.. Great to kill a few minutes here and there.

I'l be the most interesting fello at dinner partys

dude

dude
Some of these facts appear twice, some everybody knows and some, like this one -

356) The only man-made structure visible from space is the Great Wall of China.
are actually bullshit.

Alucard

Banned
Anyone who believes everything on this list is uncritical.

Anyone who says they know everything on this list, or that none of it is interesting, is also full of shit.

Faux knowledge superiority on the Internet is awesome.

It is possible to use this list to test your own investigative skills, and to learn a few interesting facts along the way.

Anyone who believes everything on this list is uncritical.

Anyone who says they know everything on this list, or that none of it is interesting, is also full of shit.

Faux knowledge superiority on the Internet is awesome.

Spot on. Some people try so hard sometimes.

bengraven

I read every. single. one of them.

The only thing I didn't know or found interesting?

#1.

Fuck my free time. I'm out.

smjfV.gif

szhred

296) A Viking tribe once raided England because they had run out of beer.

Very logical!

I totally see this happening.

#51 and #150 are the same fact, reported twice: "the first credit card was issued by American Express in 1951".
And now is reported trice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom