• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[4chan] Uncharted Collection: Coming to PC - Steam / Epic Games Store

ZywyPL

Banned
That's why they should instead be buying Kadokawa and as many important studios as they can to force people to buy a PS.

Much like MSFT is trying to do to PS gamers who like Zenimax games.

Their job is to maximize their platform, not PC or other stores.

Nah, their job is to maximize profit, whatever it takes. MS's games are one thing, but their console/ecosystem is connected with PC, the games, saves, services, achievements etc. travel with you, this is what Sony's lacking no matter how many games they'll have, their games aren't even fully compatible even with their own consoles to begin with, with required patches, save transfers, making sure you have the right version installed etc., with such approach it'll be really hard to convince the PC crowd who is used to their game library always being there, always working, always better.

Because if we take a step away from the PS5 and look at a broader, longer-term picture, what Sony has to offer? If there's gonna be a mid-gen refresh again, will the games use it's extra power or will require patching one by one yet again? PS6 - will the games run better? Will the saves work just like that? Will the cross-gen titles install the desired versions? What about PS7 and further consoles? So their ecosystem is a mess for someone who's already on it, let alone for a demanding PC crowd. Sony could get away with it if the consoles were still using some unique, exotic architectures, but it's all x86 now, there's no excuse.

So the way I see it there are two options - either they'll sort out their platform, open up their ecosystem, make it more compatible with the world, or go into the opposite direction (which seems to be the case) - they'll want it to remain hermetic, so once you're there you stay there.

Well, I would point to their financial results, revenue and profits to prove that the traditional model works. It works for Nintendo too... who have strong profits and the fastest selling console ever.

It is the one putting games on PC day 1 that is last place...
It's proof that the traditional model works, but it's not proof that other models wouldn't work just as well or better.

Microsoft are in last place not because they release games on PC, but because that's historically where they've always been. They've doubled down on PC this gen and yet their new consoles are their fastest-selling ever.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Every Uncharted and every Halo on the same service.

xvzsuyl8f6m21.jpg

Kenpachii

All the games Sony as released and announced are coming to the PC, several years after the PS release.
Days Gone took 2 years to be released on PC.
HZD took took 3 years.
The 3 first Uncharted games took over a decade.
Uncharted 4, if it's released in 2021, took 5 years.

It's plainly obvious that Sony is only releasing old games on the PC.
They are not releasing new games on the PC. They are not releasing on the PC at the same time, as on the PS platform.
Not even close.

Sony has been making games for PC already since forever mate.

yurinka

Sony announced Uncharted 4 was coming to PC this year, not sure if natural or fiscal year.

When I saw it, it feel weird to me to don't release the Nathan Drake collection before. So it would make sense to me, but as of now what they announced is U4 and not the Nathan Drake Collection.

I think they will end releasing all Uncharted games on PC sooner or later, but to sell all of them in a single collection and use this name I think won't, happen. I think this image is fake (and to release it the day before Halo Infinite would be crazy xD):

EUBt3Bvl.png

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Many reasons, the industry is becoming so homogeneous and boring due to the lack of exclusives.

Exclusives are PlayStations biggest strength and now they are giving them away, this is an indicator that competition has failed and that Sony no longer feel compelled to provide compelling exclusive content.

For instance, we lost MLB exclusivity, Mm is not making new exclusives, we lost access to Zenimax games in the future and several studios were downsized or shuttered.
The response to these losses has not been to buy a few or even many talented studios to compensate PS customers but to give away the remaining exclusives we have...... despite the fact we are paying MORE now than ever and Sony are more profitable than they have ever been.

Meanwhile we have to look at Xbox buying every damned studio they can get their hands on.

Nintendo NEVER put their games on PC and reinforced the mental connection between Mario, Zelda and their other franchises and their consoles.... they started by bundling Mario bros with every Nes, then the 3rd game sold 17 million on its own. Now it sells 40+ million and moves hardware.....unfortunately PlayStation management never had the patience and never provided the proper marketing to make such an impact.

Now Horizon is just a multiplat.... the prestige is gone.
Limiting access and making these games a privilege of buying into PlayStation hardware gives these games prestige and increases their perceived value. Putting them on PC, does the opposite.

This is a dumb reason not to put games on pc. Let me get this straight. If other people are allowed to play what once weree exclusives on your favorite platform, then the game is less special? Good god, what that tells me is that you care more about the brand and less about the games. The games dont become less good because more people can play them, unless its a cross gen thing like ps5 games being retrofitted to release on ps4 ala gt7

The salt when The Last of Us gets ported is going to be insane.
TLOU is a great game though. TLOU2 not so much.

i'd LOVE to buy TLOU on PC but ND can go fucking whistle for my money. the only way i'd actually buy it would be if there was a cheap key so that as little money as possible went to ND. no way i'd buy directly from steam/epic and give them £30-40.

This is pre much Sony's MCC for pc
except one MCC is good and the other is complete trash.

the Uncharted games don't even come close to touching Halo. Uncharted is just a poor mans Tomb Raider rip off.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Many reasons, the industry is becoming so homogeneous and boring due to the lack of exclusives.

Exclusives are PlayStations biggest strength and now they are giving them away, this is an indicator that competition has failed and that Sony no longer feel compelled to provide compelling exclusive content.

For instance, we lost MLB exclusivity, Mm is not making new exclusives, we lost access to Zenimax games in the future and several studios were downsized or shuttered.
The response to these losses has not been to buy a few or even many talented studios to compensate PS customers but to give away the remaining exclusives we have...... despite the fact we are paying MORE now than ever and Sony are more profitable than they have ever been.

Meanwhile we have to look at Xbox buying every damned studio they can get their hands on.

Nintendo NEVER put their games on PC and reinforced the mental connection between Mario, Zelda and their other franchises and their consoles.... they started by bundling Mario bros with every Nes, then the 3rd game sold 17 million on its own. Now it sells 40+ million and moves hardware.....unfortunately PlayStation management never had the patience and never provided the proper marketing to make such an impact.

Now Horizon is just a multiplat.... the prestige is gone.
Limiting access and making these games a privilege of buying into PlayStation hardware gives these games prestige and increases their perceived value. Putting them on PC, does the opposite.

Because they make there money with hardware and software sales, unlike sony. No reason to keep people on there platform when they are the market leader on that department already anyway.

TLOU is a great game though. TLOU2 not so much.

i'd LOVE to buy TLOU on PC but ND can go fucking whistle for my money. the only way i'd actually buy it would be if there was a cheap key so that as little money as possible went to ND. no way i'd buy directly from steam/epic and give them £30-40.

except one MCC is good and the other is complete trash.

the Uncharted games don't even come close to touching Halo. Uncharted is just a poor mans Tomb Raider rip off.

Pretty sure TLOU is playable on PC through emulation.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
If this is true then it sounds like they're getting ready to announce Uncharted 5 or Lost Legacy 2 for the PS5

It's going to look insane

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
That is why PlayStation is way way bigger than Steam or almost anything else in gaming.

Steam had approximately 120 million monthly active players in 2020, a significant increase from 95 million monthly active users in 2019.

As of June 2021, the network had approximately 104 million monthly active users, a significant increase from the 50 million users in March 2014.

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Bryank75

Banned
Because they make there money with hardware and software sales, unlike sony. No reason to keep people on there platform when they are the market leader on that department already anyway.

Pretty sure TLOU is playable on PC through emulation.

But they are not currently... Nintendo is the fastest selling and has the most current units out there.

Sony lost Japan to them. Time for PS leadership to wake the fuck up.... they are deluded. They must compete for every customer they can get to buy their hardware.

Bryank75

Banned
Steam had approximately 120 million monthly active players in 2020, a significant increase from 95 million monthly active users in 2019.

As of June 2021, the network had approximately 104 million monthly active users, a significant increase from the 50 million users in March 2014.

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Revenue and profit, PS destroys Steam. It's not even close.

I have a Steam account and barely use it....
Many have Steam for one game. It's free to download and has free games on it.

Derktron

Banned
Now this game I will get from Sony on PC, could not finish off the collection because I was an idiot and sold my PS4 last year thinking I was going to get a PS5. Well, I was wrong.

nathan drake but uncharted is soooo dear to meit has a special place in my heart GIF

Kenpachii

But they are not currently... Nintendo is the fastest selling and has the most current units out there.

Sony lost Japan to them. Time for PS leadership to wake the fuck up.... they are deluded. They must compete for every customer they can get to buy their hardware.

Nintendo isn't competing against sony mate. They have a whole different market.

Also sony doesn't care about japanese gamers because if they did the PS5 would be a handheld with kiddy games on it which they like so much or start investing massively into development teams over there.

The west is important to sony as its there market, same for Microsoft and after that its asia where japan is jsut a minor part off it with the main focus china.

China is currently moving into PC market pretty drastically and its only natural for a company like sony which already has deep roots in PC land since forever to move and widen this up with content that can fund there next 200m costing game. Which frankly a small userbase isn't going to be paying for.

It's only natural for them to move into PC, for nintendo its not.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I will 100% support this if it comes. I've only beat the first 2 games lol

I stopped at such a good moment. Loved the first 2 games as well.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Bryank75 Bryank75 why do you care so much about Sony buying companies to "force" people on their ecosystem? As long as you are good with your PS purchase why would you care about the platforms other people play on?

Your posts always give the impression that you would love a Playstation monopoly. That would be terrible for gaming.

Bryank75

Banned
Bryank75 Bryank75 why do you care so much about Sony buying companies to "force" people on their ecosystem? As long as you are good with your PS purchase why would you care about the platforms other people play on?

Your posts always give the impression that you would love a Playstation monopoly. That would be terrible for gaming.
PS2 was fantastic, so I don't think that pans out...

Everybody playing on PlayStation would be great.

One world, one people!

ACESHIGH

Banned
One world, one people!

Sounds like communism to me... Thanks but no thanks.

The PS2 was so dominant but for different reasons that had nothing to do about purchasing studios.

1 - Piracy: The backbone of the PS brand from 1994 through 2007
2 - Look ma, it plays DVDs as well!
3 - Nintendo second consecutive fuckup with the Gamecube
4 - Sega went down
5 - Xbox while a great console started late in the console race that generation.
6 - Japanese devs being clueless about PC gaming made PC ports of console style games almost impossible.
7 - PC being a completely different animal vs consoles back then.

And on top of that the PS2, while underpowered, was a great console for the price. PS1 BC was a genius move. Still, the 5th and 6th generations while dominated by playstation were nowhere close to a monopoly.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Cool. Will buy when it goes on sale. 120 fps Uncharted? yes please.

Lets hope they at least patch 60 fps to the PS4 games and add 4k support for the PS3 games on the PS5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom