• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan Rumoured Leak: Justice League Cast and Plot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie7

Banned
Yeah, I'm not going to believe this.

Yeah most deffo but this part makes me want to believe it so much. Evangelion live action would be a dream. Pokemon eh not so much. lol.

WB looking into acquiring more anime properties

our younger filmmakers are really pushing for this. regretfully a lot of good properties are already taken. fox has dragonball and disney are waiting for hayao miyazaki to die so they can snatch up ghibli. they may get "nausicaa" before that which we hear they want to make their lord of the rings

besides pokemon and akira (maybe evangelion, but only if akira doesn't happen), we are trying to aquire legacy projects millenials are familiar with (we've been combing through "toonami" schedules from the early 2000s, things like innoyasha and yoyo hakusho) as well as sniping smaller, newer shows with developing fanbases. trying to get things before they become expensive. we're in talks for "one-punch man" because we like the civilian volunteer hero concept and think it's ripe for the universe treatment.

also, we have a script for "sailor moon" by a rising talent named rebecca sugar. look out for an announcement by the end of the year.
>there will be more godzilla in godzilla 2. some o our shareholders actually complained about the blueballs the lack of godzilla action gave them

>we have no idea what the hanna-barbera avengers would even be like. we're not convinced the scooby-doo movie is going to stick with that awful name.

>we're probably getting pokemon. nintendo is only letting the chinese bid on it to artifically drive up the price of the rights

gamz

Another round of rumour. Again take with a hint of salt.

ORk7s4d.png

reply to swapping WW with JL dates.

other tibidts:

Sounds fud. I thought the Wonder Woman small bits were good and it was well rec'd. Not sure what he's talking about with that?

Rootbeer

Banned
is there even a shred of evidence to back up this bugs guy?

These people claiming to have the dirt on the most anticipated geek films always come out of the woodwork at times like this when we know jack shit and are hungry for any info at all. Been through this song and dance ten times too many. There must have been a dozen of these type of people leading up to SW:TFA, and how many of them had legit info? Yeah, you know the answer.

M.Bluth

Ugh, those latest rumors make me genuinely ill. I don't think anyone will actually care if they ignored a lot of the dumb decisions they made in BatsVSupes and Man of Steel

Nolan on Akira? Really? That sounds like total bullshit fan boy bait.

That rumor has been going around for months now. Maybe about a year, even. I remember Kevin Smith and Marc Bernardin talking about it on Fatman on Batman ages ago. So, it's nothing really new, and is possibly true.

Ugh, those latest rumors make me genuinely ill. I don't think anyone will actually care if they ignored a lot of the dumb decisions they made in BatsVSupes and Man of Steel

A lot of it sounds like bullshit from a Marvel nut to trying to further undermine the state of the DCCU (not that it needed further undermining).

A lot of it sounds like bullshit from a Marvel nut to trying to further undermine the state of the DCCU (not that it needed further undermining).

uhhh except he shits on marvel movies and their direction in those same posts.

not saying this guy is credible, it's all just fascinating bullshit to read imo, but he's far from a marvel fanboy.

Busty

Banned
I have a feeling that this 'insider' is probably either a) an intern or the PA of someone lower down the food chain at WB or, most likely, b) a fanboy with marginally more industry knowledge than most.

Most of his stuff doesn't just sound right to me. I don't understand how BvS under performing at the box office would impact a Looney Tunes film of shorts (sounds great, never going to happen) getting green lit never mind financed.

Also, all those anime projects just sound like the usual suspects off a fanboy's wish list. I know Disney of all people nearly got a Sailor Moon film going in the mid to late 90's but what would an adaptation of that even look like today?

Though the link in the OP doesn't even work anymore so presumably 4chan (EDIT - ha, that's even worse) didn't believe this either. Though, out of curiosity, what was this supposed New 52 on HBO rumour? It isn't in the OP and the link isn't working.

uhhh except he shits on marvel movies and their direction in those same posts.

not saying this guy is credible, it's all just fascinating bullshit to read imo, but he's far from a marvel fanboy.

My apologies, he lost me at "I'm bored today and work is such a shitshow"

Doesn't sound like somebody who would be privy to such info, tbh.

Like I said before, leaks that contain highly specific information and highly obscure information are more often than not bullshit. His leaks contain large does of both.

That sounds fake to me. I think the thing that put it over the top was the "rising talent Rebecca Sugar." Correct me if I'm wrong, but my impressions of of /tv/ are that they don't particularly like Sugar because of the work Steven Universe has done in regards to gender roles and LGBTQ representation. The way the above is phrased it's almost designed to get a rise out of people and it seems more like trolling than anything else.

Outside that, the anime shit seems cynical enough to be belivable. It's not implausible Disney is waiting for Hayao to be removed from the picture so that they can make live action Ghibli movies and make bank in the Japanese markets and other places with millenials who grew up to them. But, on the other, what studio is willing to throw hundreds of millions of dollars on a niche Japanese cartoon in order to do it justice and not alienate the inbuilt audience that comes with the name? Stuff like Evangelion or Nausicaa or even Gundam require a lot of money just to keep things semi-accurate and that seems like too much for a potential audience that seems too small to cater too.

Busty

Banned
Like I said before, leaks that contain highly specific information and highly obscure information are more often than not bullshit. His leaks contain large does of both.

It's also interesting that he mentions the Pokemon rights going to WB..., a few days after that article in the Hollywood Reporter. It doesn't seem like he's privy to any insider info at all.

EDIT - Having read through the whole thing on 4chan (urgh) I can tell you that the poster has made enough smaller mistakes for me to realise that he is full of shit. His "I don't know why we're making Blade Runner 2" comment would be the final straw because Warners aren't making it. They are just distributing it in North America for Alcon which is fully financing and producing the film. They also did the recent Point Break remake.

you would think so but i dunno anymore. after reading those sony email leaks it's shocking how unprofessional and ridiculous some of the higher up execs sound haha.

-- The issue I have is that some of the information is hardly a leak and in fact derived from what was already suggested in BvS, such as:
Batman is trying to assemble the Justice League to protect the Earth from
Darkseid
, while the government, represented by Amanda Waller and Wade Eiling, is trying to capture them.
Lois will be important to this subplot
The focus is on the six mains and Lois. Everyone else is just minor.
-- This stuff seem like it has been included to give the impression that everything else is correct.
-- Other information is too obscure to be verified now or even after official details are released. E.g. In respect to
Darkseid
, he states:
Darkseid
is a "force of nature", and is impending arrival is described as "apocalyptic" with biblical undertones. He's also being redesigned, though they'll try to keep his classic look in mind.
-- So which is it? A "force of nature" and the "classic look" are inherently contradictory and in my view cannot be reconciled.
-- Similarly the stuff about Cyborg sounds even more made up:
- Cyborg is on the back burner until JL provides feeback on the public's reception of Cyborg. If it happens, it will have a black director. No villain has been chosen yet
-- A film scheduled to be released in 2020 is already effectively on the "backburner" by Hollywood standards. Further, any comic book film fan can tell you that it's highly doubtful it will ever be produced. But if it is, it will have a black director. Yeah sure. The character doesn't strongly represent, resonate or identify with African-Americans to begin with.

Nolan on Akira? Really? That sounds like total bullshit fan boy bait.

Also, did Nolan really do anything at all on BvS? I thought he had pretty much checked out of the superhero stuff after MoS and just got an EP credit out of gratitude for his work laying the groundwork.

Lol. Warner Bros is gonna feel the sting from BvS underperforming, but they're not so strapped for cash that it's going to require them to cancel a completely unrelated Looney Tunes film.

Zack Snyder storyboards all of his films. That's not unusual.

Chris Nolan has no involvement with any of the DC films past MoS.

I highly doubt Nolan was in talks on Akira.

Studios don't just pump money into something as an "apology."

WW swapping with JL Part 1 is literally impossible. There's no way JL will be ready by next June. Also, studios don't do rewrites this late in the game or reshoots as massive as he's suggesting is occurring with Wonder Woman.

WW swapping with JL Part 1 is literally impossible. There's no way JL will be ready by next June. Also, studios don't do rewrites this late in the game or reshoots as massive as he's suggesting is occurring with Wonder Woman.
Yeah, of all the bits of bullshit in this leak, this is the worst.

If this stuff was first leaked on GAF, the leaker would have been crucified. But for 4chan it's par for the course.

denx

Another round of rumour. Again take with a hint of salt.

ORk7s4d.png

Wait, is he talking about Nolan or Terrio here? It seems like he's talking about Nolan but that wouldn't make much sense since Nolan's involvement with BvS was marginal at best. I thought Terrio was brought in to do quality control on the BvS script, hence the rewrite on Goyer's original script.

I dunno, that post is confusing to me.

About Akira, I did read a rumor last year about Nolan looking to do a film adaptation, but nothing else came out of that so I'm calling bullshit on that rumor.

Wait, is he talking about Nolan or Terrio here? It seems like he's talking about Nolan but that wouldn't make much sense since Nolan's involvement with BvS was marginal at best. I thought Terrio was brought in to do quality control on the BvS script, hence the rewrite on Goyer's original script.

I dunno, that post is confusing to me.

He's talking about Chris Nolan because he's a fucking idiot that doesn't even understand that Chris Nolan had nothing to do with BvS.

Forget all that shit...

"also, we have a script for "sailor moon" by a rising talent named rebecca sugar. look out for an announcement by the end of the year."

THIS is the real Megaton.

Makonero

Man I would love this superman he's evil as fuck.

Lol when he forced Lois to have to have dinner with his parents and tried to tell her about our lord and Savior Darksied 😂

Also stop forcing Lois I don't really like her at all.

Spoilers for that story arc:
It's not actually Superman, it's Earth 2 Bizarro

Gundam should be adapted, drone technology it's mainstream, war technology it's mainstream, drone operators are mainstream, there's a lot there that can play well with modern audiences.

I don't know much, but the budgets can be a problem depending on the adaptation.

It's also interesting that he mentions the Pokemon rights going to WB..., a few days after that article in the Hollywood Reporter. It doesn't seem like he's privy to any insider info at all.

EDIT - Having read through the whole thing on 4chan (urgh) I can tell you that the poster has made enough smaller mistakes for me to realise that he is full of shit. His "I don't know why we're making Blade Runner 2" comment would be the final straw because Warners aren't making it. They are just distributing it in North America for Alcon which is fully financing and producing the film. They also did the recent Point Break remake.

wrap it up, folks

more 4chan bullshit

Omadahl

Banned
Everything they talk about in regards to anime just makes me think of letting my dead grandparents writing the script. It's like you show them the first five episodes and then give them 100 million to make a movie. Disney is going to utterly destroy Ghibli if they get the chance, by adding songs so they can make a broadway musical out of it. WB will probably whitewash the hell out of One-Punch Man ala Dragonball. I don't see a good scenario for any of these properties.

Mesoian

also, we have a script for "sailor moon" by a rising talent named rebecca sugar. look out for an announcement by the end of the year.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

Senoculum

He's talking about Chris Nolan because he's a fucking idiot that doesn't even understand that Chris Nolan had nothing to do with BvS.

Christopher Nolan and his wife were executive producers on the film. Last I heard, he was in the editing room too with David Brenner for some time. Christopher Nolan was also the one who engaged the screenwriter about the ending.

Edit: Their names can clearly be seen in the intro, and during the end credits.

Christopher Nolan and his wife were executive producers on the film. Last I heard, he was in the editing room too with David Brenner for some time. Christopher Nolan was also the one who engaged the screenwriter about the ending.

Originally, when it was a sequel. That appeared to be the case.

From the Press Release about a MoS sequel:
The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

But they appear to have left the project by the time it became BvS.

From the Jesse Eisenberg Press Release:
Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Wesley Coller, David S. Goyer and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers.

Maybe they helped out unofficially, but I didn't see their credit in the film, or in any official online source.
(IMDB doesn't count, it's user edited, those credits won't be correct until the Bluray is out.)

Nolan's production company Syncopy wasn't credited either, while they were on MoS.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Yesterday my wife and I saw BvsS and got tons of evil looks as we couldn't help but crack up laughing when young Bruce was levitate by the bats. Then the Martha crap. Then the "friend" crap. Then the eye rolling Superman death. Just so god damn bad.

Dream sequence or not, it set the stage for a hilariously awful film, no way in hell JL will be any good if the same minds are in charge of its production. They have something literally miss wired in their heads when it comes to making a good superhero movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom