• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan Rumoured Leak: Justice League Cast and Plot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzom21

Actually the implication is that they're only considering black directors for specific movies that they are setting aside as "black director material" and not really considering black directors on the whole for their entire catalog of upcoming films.

It's like they're throwing diversity a bone on a specific movie for placation purposes.

That's not what the poster was complaining about. They were complaining about white directors being discriminated against, not black directors only being allowed to direct films with a black lead.
Why couldn't a white director handle it ?
No mention of black directors not being considered for things other than "black" movies.
Their issue is the poor white director being passed over for a black one.
I'm surprised the poster didn't bust out the "most qualified person for the job" argument.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no Warner Brothers, oh no. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, I'm a stupid mother fucker; but fool me a third time? Fuck you.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
That's not what the poster was complaining about. They were complaining about white directors being discriminated against, not black directors only being allowed to direct films with a black lead.

No mention of black directors not being considered for things other than "black" movies.
Their issue is the poor white director being passed over for a black one.

can't even let em have a god damned Cyborg movie

-biblical undertones
-astral plane
-psychological trials

Well, if nothing else, this user has done a great impression of Snyder.

Mael

Isn't Deathstroke played by Will Smith in Suicide Squad?
A standalone movie with Deathstroke makes sense, it's actually surprising that it would be done as late as the leak is claiming.

Busty

Banned
Oh no Warner Brothers, oh no. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, I'm a stupid mother fucker; but fool me a third time? Fuck you.

You're getting awfully worked up about something that isn't true. Perhaps it's time to go outside and have a walk?

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
You're getting awfully worked up about something that isn't true. Perhaps it's time to go outside and have a walk?

What are you even talking about? I have no vested interest in DC outside of hoping that it at least turns out decent, but both Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman were both extremely underwhelming and fell quite short of even being decent to me. Was I upset? No. But I was simply making a joke that I don't expect it to change by Justice League.

You see profanity and immediately assume I must be "awfully worked up". I wasn't even actually referencing the material in the OP, but simply implying that I expect every DC movie going forward to be crap.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I DO think the JL movie is going to be a mindfuck. May it be the first one or the second, the moment you have Darkseid step in, with Flash and his time-travel powers and what not, it's going to turn into an utter mindfuck. Just how it is. In the comics too. You're not going to get a simple, 'I WANT TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD' film. However, It may not be on the level of Final Crisis (seriously, it better not be).

Sesha

I assumed JL1 would feature
Brainiac
before moving on to
Darkseid.
. Having
Darkseid
from the get go seems premature.

Deathstroke solo movie seems like something they would do. DC has been trying to push the character as a solo venture for ages, like Cyborg.

Weirdly enough, I would hate this. Johnson is great at gritty sci-fi (Looper, in particular), with good individual-level stories. A giant, all green-screen, flying around in space, insane powers kind of film doesn't sound like his strength at all.

I think it might work. I'd just love to see real sets in alien worlds. Now I'm getting hyped about Episode VIII lol

Slayven

Folks arguing over who gets to shoot the Cyborg movie is the height of Ls. I would only wish that evil on Max Landis

Busty

Banned
What are you even talking about? I have no vested interest in DC outside of hoping that it at least turns out decent, but both Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman were both extremely underwhelming and fell quite short of even being decent to me. Was I upset? No. But I was simply making a joke that I don't expect it to change by Justice League.

You see profanity and immediately assume I must be "awfully worked up". I wasn't even actually referencing the material in the OP, but simply implying that I expect every DC movie going forward to be crap.

Hmm.

I assumed JL1 would feature
Brainiac
before moving on to
Darkseid.
. Having
Darkseid
from the get go seems premature.

Deathstroke solo movie seems like something they would do. DC has been trying to push the character as a solo venture for ages, like Cyborg.

You mean it like if having
Doomsday
on BvS wasn't premature enough.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I feel like Darkseid being in Justice League is fine as long as he gets soundedly whooped and gets set up for a future franchise return with a bigger army and he himself is somehow more threatening.

But when the first film in your franchise
kills off Superman
I don't know how much higher the stakes could really be.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I hope they make Darkseid actually look like Darkseid. It's not asking for much to adhere or show some level of respect for the source material. Smh if we get another vaguely Lovecraftian grey blob.

TI82

Banned
my god

he has spent so much of his film career aping frank miller that he is becoming frank miller

ehhh not really seeing it. Miller reminds me of remake Freddy lol

516749646-director-zack-snyder-and-frank-miller-attend-gettyimages.jpg
latest

Arnie7

Banned
"I gave you a script Zack ... all you had to do was stick to the script"

I wonder how Terrio must be feeling.
Going from universal praise and winning Oscar to being derided at by critics.

Hopefully his full script without Goyer for Justice League restores some pride back.

Parch

After seeing BvS, no thanks.
Just saw it, and the character portrayal is just so wrong. They're really messing this up. Does DC comics have absolutely no say in how their characters are portrayed?

Right now it looks like the Justice League is going to be a bunch of brooding assholes. The DCU is ruined.

Kibbles

If Waller is assembling a task force to take on meta humans (suicide squad) and then the Justice League shows up with their meta-humans, will they clash? o_O

Arnie7

Banned
Another round of rumour. Again take with a hint of salt.

ORk7s4d.png

reply to swapping WW with JL dates.

producing the hobbit taught us that even a giant tentpole movie with no script, story or previs can be finished on time if enough money is thrown at it. justice league 1 has been meticulously planned to the point where we've already seen the movie and nothing's even been shot yet. we can get the effects in by june.

We like zach. the bvs project would have killed a lesser filmmaker. terrio was supposed to make sure the story worked (obviously) and affleck is there because we want him to make a batman. chris was supposed to be the "leash" and he failed. we have advisers from comics like johns to help zach but since he did all the legwork to make the dceu himself he gets to run it. suicide squad is proof that he's on the right track as far as running the show. the main issue with justice league 1 is taking this state of the universe we kind of forced him into and turning it into something that will appeal to people without betraying the artifice of it. as i said, people will still probably dislike it because of the decisions we made leading up to it, but by the end of the movie you will have had a fun time (not in an avengers way, by the way- more like how the dark knight was involving and thrilling) and will see the clear direction we are going

other tibidts:

WB looking into acquiring more anime properties

our younger filmmakers are really pushing for this. regretfully a lot of good properties are already taken. fox has dragonball and disney are waiting for hayao miyazaki to die so they can snatch up ghibli. they may get "nausicaa" before that which we hear they want to make their lord of the rings

besides pokemon and akira (maybe evangelion, but only if akira doesn't happen), we are trying to aquire legacy projects millenials are familiar with (we've been combing through "toonami" schedules from the early 2000s, things like innoyasha and yoyo hakusho) as well as sniping smaller, newer shows with developing fanbases. trying to get things before they become expensive. we're in talks for "one-punch man" because we like the civilian volunteer hero concept and think it's ripe for the universe treatment.

also, we have a script for "sailor moon" by a rising talent named rebecca sugar. look out for an announcement by the end of the year.
>there will be more godzilla in godzilla 2. some o our shareholders actually complained about the blueballs the lack of godzilla action gave them

>we have no idea what the hanna-barbera avengers would even be like. we're not convinced the scooby-doo movie is going to stick with that awful name.

>we're probably getting pokemon. nintendo is only letting the chinese bid on it to artifically drive up the price of the rights

Shaanyboi

Banned

ORk7s4d.png

Not saying I believe this.... but part of me believes this.

producing the hobbit taught us that even a giant tentpole movie with no script, story or previs can be finished on time if enough money is thrown at it.

a.k.a. your CG department works 120 hour weeks. From what I've heard from people on that team, they were worn the fuck out on that project.

I'm incredibly skeptical, but none of this would surprise me if it were true.

I can totally see Kevin Tsujihara out of a job once Tarzan bombs.

ORk7s4d.png

the rumors from this pesky wabbit are absurd. i want to believe some of it, but it is so out there. also why would a loony toons movie be contingent on BvS' box office?

WB adapting a series based on 52 on HBO after Justice League 2....whoa. Or sailor moon by the creator of steven universe haha, crazy stuff. a lot of fun conjecture but it seems like a load of shit.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member

ORk7s4d.png

What? That doesn't make much sense, why would Nolan be afraid of Snyder and reshooting/rewriting WW? He mostly likely doesn't care much since he's done with superhero stuff.

Sesha

ORk7s4d.png

Fake as hell.

Even though this is likely fake, I believe the part about blaming Chris Nolan for BvS instead of taking responsibility themselves. That sounds like something studio execs would do.

FeD.nL

Bugs on 4chan said:
we are thinking of using hbo to produce premium dc stories that wouldn't work as movies. one major idea that is 99% likely to happen at this point is an adaptation of 52 set in the aftermath of justice league part 2

Sure..

Didnt see this thread lastweek.

James Remar as Darryl Frye would be cool.

But a redesign of Darkseid can FUCK OFF.

If the rumored cast is legit Warner are throwing money at getting names. but need a new director.

I do wish they would let Guillermo Del Toro do his Justice League Dark film. He spent so long trying to get it made and then gave up. If Suicide Squad is as good as it looks and they let Ayer get an R rated sequel they should look at JL Dark again.

Aquaman sounds good, Flash sounds good if they do RF right.
I would rather the real Doomsday, over using that disaster again.

I dont think they will swap WW and JL. but could see them moving JL to a summer release if they can get it done in time.

Patryn

ORk7s4d.png

Nolan on Akira? Really? That sounds like total bullshit fan boy bait.

Also, did Nolan really do anything at all on BvS? I thought he had pretty much checked out of the superhero stuff after MoS and just got an EP credit out of gratitude for his work laying the groundwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom