• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan Rumoured Leak: Justice League Cast and Plot

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was one of my big problems with BvS as well. It was basically
Batman vs. Superman + Lois Lane. Why the fuck is she even one of the main characters?

People paid to watch MoS 2 with some Batman Origin story and Wonder Woman cameo thrown in the movie. Then WB has the audacity to wonder why their movie is getting shit on by critics and fans and is tanking badly. God I need to find the BvS thread so I can get my full rant out. Just thinking about the movie brings out the inner fan rage in me.

KonradLaw

Batman vs. Superman + Lois Lane. Why the fuck is she even one of the main characters?

Because Superman is empty in that movie? :D If you think about it all the humanity and internal struggles Supes have in that movie are externalized in form of Lois, plus a bit in Martha. Which is a terrible idea because it makes Superman himself feel hollow.

Iceternal

Just because YOU don't give a shit, doesn't mean that black people don't give a shit either.

That's racist don't you think ?!

So, only a black director is able to direct a movie about a black super-hero ?!

This is called "positive discrimination" but it's still discrimination.

Why couldn't a white director handle it ?

Maddocks

All sounds good really, Doomsday was pretty damn big, so Dark would need to be pretty damn bigger to be really imposing.

Ein Bear

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I'VE SACRIFICED
7qCn4mF.png

God's speed, Snyderman.

KonradLaw

White director could handle it, but why not pick a black one in a first movie about black superhero for DCEU? There's a lot of talented black directors, so why not give them a chance just as you're giving black superhero one?

You're acting like there's this tiny pool of black directors and somehow they will be forced to pick a weak one solely because they want a director of that particular race. In reality they can pick black director who will be just as good as any white one for that movie. So why not do it? Plus as a black person he will likely be able to grasp this character better.

Glass Rebel

man do you people ever get tired of this shit?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

and why is there no white history month !?!

I don't get the "Cyborg movie needs a black director" idea neither.
I want the Cyborg movie to be good, like I want the other DC movies to be good. If WB find a director for Cyborg who does a good job, then I don't see why someone should care about his or her race.
I'm a huge anti-racist, because I don't care about races, genders, sexual orientations etc. Are you a good person? That's what it counts. In this case: Can you do a good job? That's what it counts.

I actually wonder if the film would've been better if it had gone in the opposite direction.

Do something like Civil War, where it's an Iron Man vs Cap film, but still very much a Cap film overall.

Like, instead of making this film sort-of MOS 2 and sort-of Batman 1, maybe it should've fully been a Man of Steel 2, where Batman is effectively the antagonist. Batman's always supposed to be a mysterious character, so framing the story as Clark Kent uncovering the "mystery of the batman" could've allowed for Clark to have a more complete story, and for us to see Batman from an outsider's perspective.

I'm sure a white director could handle it, but diversity and inclusion is as much about who's behind the camera as who is in front of the character. Giving storytellers from marginalized communities a chance to tell their stories is important, and so is cultural ownership.

A white director totally could make a good, even a great black superhero movie. Just like George Miller gave us one of the most feminist action films in years. However, bringing in the perspective of a story-teller who comes from the same race as the character can potentially allow them to create a much more authentic and interesting take on the character's struggles than someone who is an outsider would.

cyborg, a spike lee joint

I would be so fucking down

This sounds terrible so I'm gonna bet its true and if it ends up being fake I'll be happy since that means the actual film can only be better... Right...

Sound like the entire thing is being structure in a way that lets Zack Synder do whatever dumbass, tonally inappropriate visuals he wants because 2/3 of the movie will be in the character's minds or some non physical plain. Baller : (

Also, just leave Lois out

shoreu

Like Wonder Woman

And Darkseid Superman
earth222-4adkgb.jpg

Man I would love this superman he's evil as fuck.

Lol when he forced Lois to have to have dinner with his parents and tried to tell her about our lord and Savior Darksied 😂

Also stop forcing Lois I don't really like her at all.

TI82

Banned
Never, ever, ever happening.

I'd still go crazy. If they want their movies to be the "serious" alternative to marvels popcorn flix then they need to try and court serious directors. There's definitely stories that can be told with the genre.

EYEL1NER

Even if it is the fakest faking fake info to have ever been faked, just the fact that they mentioned Blue and Gold in it makes me happy. Even if Booster Gold never makes it onto the big screen, I can still have fun dreaming about it.

I'd still go crazy. If they want their movies to be the "serious" alternative to marvels popcorn flix then they need to try and court serious directors. There's definitely stories that can be told with the genre.

Sure, but nothing in McQueen's wheelhouse suggests that he'd be in for big blockbusters. McQueen's an art film director.

Someone like F. Gary Gray or Ryan Coogler, if he wasn't tied up with Black Panther, are more realistic choices.

DrArchon

This really does come across as a list of everything that everyone complained about in BvS, with a smattering of other complaints from other well known comic book movie fuck ups. Vague enough to seem realistic, specific enough to seem like an actual prediction.

I certainly hope this isn't true because it sounds awful on every level. I don't want DC to copy Marvel one for one, but there has to be a happy medium between "everyone cracking one liners" and "a group of borderline deranged maniacs on the verge of turning to the side of evil".

This really does come across as a list of everything that everyone complained about in BvS, with a smattering of other complaints from other well known comic book movie fuck ups. Vague enough to seem realistic, specific enough to seem like an actual prediction.

I certainly hope this isn't true because it sounds awful on every level. I don't want DC to copy Marvel one for one, but there has to be a happy medium between "everyone cracking one liners" and "a group of borderline deranged maniacs on the verge of turning to the side of evil".

Lots of DC heroes joke around and crack one-liners. I don;t understand where this narrative came from that DC is super serious and grim-dark compared to Marvel. Outside of Batman (and even he snarks from time to time), it just isn't true.

TI82

Banned
Sure, but nothing in McQueen's wheelhouse suggests that he'd be in for big blockbusters. McQueen's an art film director.

Someone like F. Gary Gray or Ryan Coogler, if he wasn't tied up with Black Panther, are more realistic choices.

Just someone I'd like to offer a unique perspective (and had actual talent vs snyder) :)

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I don't get the "Cyborg movie needs a black director" idea neither.
I want the Cyborg movie to be good, like I want the other DC movies to be good. If WB find a director for Cyborg who does a good job, then I don't see why someone should care about his or her race.
I'm a huge anti-racist, because I don't care about races, genders, sexual orientations etc. Are you a good person? That's what it counts. In this case: Can you do a good job? That's what it counts.

Poe's Law?

I can't tell what's real anymore.

This leak probably isn't though.

DrArchon

Lots of DC heroes joke around and crack one-liners. I don;t understand where this narrative came from that DC is super serious and grim-dark compared to Marvel. Outside of Batman (and even he snarks from time to time), it just isn't true.

I know it isn't. The problem is that I'm not sure Zack Snyder knows.

At least Suicide Squad looks better in that regard.

Enzom21

Won't someone think of all the poor white directors being discriminated against!

Luke_Wal

Rian directing Green Lantern Corps?

...I'm sad that this fantasy has seeped itself into my mind because it'll never happen

Weirdly enough, I would hate this. Johnson is great at gritty sci-fi (Looper, in particular), with good individual-level stories. A giant, all green-screen, flying around in space, insane powers kind of film doesn't sound like his strength at all.

BigDug13

Won't someone think of all the poor white directors being discriminated against!

Actually the implication is that they're only considering black directors for specific movies that they are setting aside as "black director material" and not really considering black directors on the whole for their entire catalog of upcoming films.

It's like they're throwing diversity a bone on a specific movie for placation purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom