• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4Chan: PlayStation Plans 2023

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
-NaughtyDog will reveal a PS5 port of Last of Us 2, a new Uncharted game that is both a sequel to U4 and a soft reboot to the series that they are offering support development of with the primary devs being Malaysia and Visual Arts studio, the release of the Last of Us multiplayer game for Summer/Fall 2023, and a new IP set in an open world fantasy game.

number-one-bullshit-khabib-nurmagomedov.gif

Some of this shit isnt even worth being called fanfic.

bitbydeath

Did we not learn anything from the recent Xbox 4Chan rumor thread?

4Chan is not a reasonable source for anything. The site should be ignored.

Not least because most of this stuff is either conveniently vague, obvious, or just outright absurd.
99% of rumours are fake.
4Chan is no different from the others.

99% of rumours are fake.
4Chan is no different from the others.

Yes, but there are certain leakers with a significantly better track record of leaking insider info. then the other 99%. They just don't post on 4Chan.

And since this thread is about the diarrhea that 4Chan craps out, I'm talking about that site.

bitbydeath

Yes, but there are certain leakers with a significantly better track record of leaking insider info. then the other 99%. They just don't post on 4Chan.

And since this thread is about the diarrhea that 4Chan craps out, I'm talking about that site.
Let’s be honest, there’s one semi-accurate Twitter insider and Jason S, that’s about it.

At least this rumour is an interesting read and has some talking points.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Edit: I honestly can't see Sony making a PS3 emulator, I just can't imagine they care enough
They need something to run their service on, the last thing they want is to maintain ps3 blades long term, let alone manufacture more of them.
So it's pretty much a given they are actively working on an emulator.
Whether that will ever run on a ps5 (or be released to consumers) is a different question though, and indeed much more questionable.

Last edited:
Let’s be honest, there’s one semi-accurate Twitter insider and Jason S, that’s about it.

At least this rumour is an interesting read and has some talking points.

I would argue this isn't even interesting.

It's all remakes and untitled new games by X studio.

It's like, yeah we know unannounced games are coming from Sony's studios.... sooooo?!?

DarthPutin

it's not even a good fake.

Sucker Punch is almost surely working on new Ghost - they were mentioning knowledge of the game as prerequisite in their hiring calls. Malaysia studio is support studio. Nobody would reveal ALL their GAAS in one year, that's insane. Etc.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
You lost me at Motorstorm. Sony ignored that IP for the entire generation despite remastering tons of games and now they'd change their mind? Yeah right.

Neofire

"PC ports planned for the next 12 months include Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima (DC), Demon's Souls, Horizon Forbidden West."

😂😂😂

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Why is this a thread? Isn't there already an ongoing discussion of trash content somewhere on gaf this can be posted in?

Last edited:

Unknown?

Hasn't Twisted Metal been heavily rumored? I don't believe it's not coming, especially with a show in the works.

Pelta88

The scope of this rumour makes it complete and utter BS. One of these rumours by themselves... Ok maybe. But the position an insider would need to hold to reveal these rumours which are not just deliberations but updates on studios around the globe...

Makes this pure and not from concentrate BS.

That or very well payed Sony exec is risking his career to share insider info on 4chan.

nero2082

stopped reading at 4Chan, cause I'm still waiting for Uncharted : Sully's Adventures, also leaked by 4Chan

Lol there’s no way Sucker Punch isn’t doing at least one Ghost of Tsushima sequel. Wasn’t that one of the most successful new IP ever?

Arsic

Gold Member
2023 big titles will be sucker punch’s new game and Spider-Man 2.

Let’s be real, Sucker Punch not doing Ghost of Tsushima 2 would be downright moronic. It’s the best open world game, and their biggest hit. A brand new IP would be a big ask unless it’s like Viking version of Ghost of Tsushima.

Last edited:

Rac3r

This isn't even a good fake leak. There's no way anyone could have a source at Sony that is privy to this amount of information.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
If Demons Souls comes to PC i will be sooo happy! And with that the only reason for me to get a PS5 will disappear. I will also pick up Horizon Forbidden West if it comes to PC even thought i played it on PS4

Last edited:

yurinka

Good chance it’s fake as full plans are rarely accurate, aside from that one time. Although still a fun read.

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/623446296#p623446296
Sounds totally fake. "Malaysia and Visual Arts Studio"... Malaysia is one of the offices of PS Visual Arts, a support team for animations, motion capture and art outsourcing mostly for cutscenes. In particular, Malaysia is a very young studio. They could support a potential future Uncharted as they work in many other games, but wouldn't lead the project.

Regarding PC ports, they alredy announced Returnal and TLOUP1. Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima (DC), Demon's Souls sound likely, but I think they won't release a PC port of HFW in 2023, seems too early.

I don't see them reviving Killzone, Ape Escape and PS AllStars Battle Royale at all. I could see a Motorstorm (with VR support) developed by Firesprite but I think that as of now they are too busy with other projects.

Reveals for Pixelopus and Asobi's projects is likely, but for Bend no because it's too early. I think this year we'll see reveals of a Bungie new IP, the game from Firewalk, TLOU Online gameplay, Wolverine gameplay and Helldivers 2 if it's the game Arrowhead is really working on. We may also see gameplay of the London Studio new IP if lucky.

I could see an expanded version of Dreams for PS5, PC and PSVR2. But I don't understand why they would call it a sequel.

I think Sucker Punch may be working on a new IP, but they are also working on GoT2 for sure.

Deviation started recently, it's too soon for them to reveal their game this year. And they won't rush the announcement when Sony will have many other games to reveal.

New PS2 emulator (+ maybe PS1 too, and who knows if also a Vita TV one too) is likely. A PS3 emulator for PS5 capable of running at full performance with no buys any PS3 game is not possible due to technical limitations with the PS5 hardware specs.

There were rumors that Sony was trying to make a viable PS3 emulator, but it would take a couple of years.
It wasn't a PS3 emulator, it was a PS6 emulator.

Last edited:
Top Bottom